NC State Game Thread... | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we cannot come out and run the ball against this injury-riddled four man front, then I will officially blame Cavanaugh for being a bad coach.

The lack of a running game is the most disappointing part of this entirely disappointing offense.

You know, I was thinking that at EIU, Babers won with Spoo's QB. At BG, he won with Clawson's QB. At SU, he's won with Shafer's QB. Maybe he can't scout and recruit QBs?

That is definitely not what I've been told when I complain about lack of QB recruiting!

Yep.

For a fanbase that hasn't experienced success in 20 years, this heel turn has been stunning. I didn't think they were going to be this bad this season, but we're seeing how much transition there truly was. It's fine to be frustrated, but come on.
We don’t even look like we belong in a P5 conference.

The offense is unwatchable.

We all want to be proved wrong but 3-2 with that Maryland debacle is going to have people on tilt. Especially after a first half of incompetence coming off a bye.

This isn’t bad. This has been a disaster of a season that needs to get turned around in these next 30 minutes before the fan base just starts looking forward to basketball.

At this point injuries are a factor sure but we really need some fresh ideas on offense.
Sure we have a system that can win big bit teams are now just stopping the run and dropping 8 since clearly our QB won’t run.
Not sure how they are going to fix it this year or next...

this is so discouraging. This whole program is soft right now. What used to be an innovative offense is no longer innovative. The lack of QB recruiting and QB development is rearing its head. Devito has every physical tool but cannot process the game. It happens even with the higher ranked kids - it’s why teams need to recruit quality QB’s every year. OL is just lost - a simple stunt confuses the hell out of them. Dumb special teams penalties...there is just no indicator that this team is well coached, all facets of the program have regressed.

If we cannot come out and run the ball against this injury-riddled four man front, then I will officially blame Cavanaugh for being a bad coach.
Dude, they've been in a 3 down front all game.

With how ugly the Offense has been I feel like it’s ok to say “at least we don’t get the ball at halftime”

Yep.

For a fanbase that hasn't experienced success in 20 years, this heel turn has been stunning. I didn't think they were going to be this bad this season, but we're seeing how much transition there truly was. It's fine to be frustrated, but come on.

We might bitch and moan but in the end we will give Babers more than enough rope to either rescue us all or hang himself. Not a lot of fanbases or admins will give you that.

this is so discouraging. This whole program is soft right now. What used to be an innovative offense is no longer innovative. The lack of QB recruiting and QB development is rearing its head. Devito has every physical tool but cannot process the game. It happens even with the higher ranked kids - it’s why teams need to recruit quality QB’s every year. OL is just lost - a simple stunt confuses the hell out of them. Dumb special teams penalties...there is just no indicator that this team is well coached, all facets of the program have regressed.

To make matters worse there ar4 zero QBs in the pipeline and were about 0-6 the last two years with our top targets. Recruiting hasn't improved at all since the 10 wins and were 0-3 on 4 star WRs this year. This is a disaster

At this point injuries are a factor sure but we really need some fresh ideas on offense.
Sure we have a system that can win big bit teams are now just stopping the run and dropping 8 since clearly our QB won’t run.
Not sure how they are going to fix it this year or next...

Injuries? We are missing 1 lineman who hasn't played all year. We don't have any injuries on the side of the ball that is killing us

We might bitch and moan but in the end we will give Babers more than enough rope to either rescue us all or hang himself. Not a lot of fanbases or admins will give you that.

We'll see what he does with it. We drank the Kool Aid and thought last year's success would carry over into this season. That's why last year is last year. When everyone said the OL would be a point of concern, we blew it off. Against Liberty, we saw that they were a huge WIP with no signs of improvement as the season has progressed.

Yep.

This attitude pisses me off almost as much as the idiots yelling that Shafer is better than Dino.

The team was expected to take a step back. But they were not expected to go from 10 wins to an offense on par with that of Greg Robinson. There are some power schools that fire coaches who win 9 games. But we arent allowed to be frustrated with that pivot? There is nothing wrong with a fan base being frustrated when our first dominant season in forever, one that felt like our "return", is followed by a season that is as bad as any we've seen in a long time.

100% was ok dropping back to 8...7...maybe even 6 wins given the change at QB. But I wanted to feel excited along the way.

Tommy 2019 is not Eric 2018. But Dino 2019 doesnt look like Dino 2018 either.

And it doesn't make me any less of a true fan to say that.

Wow. He said anemic to describe our offense. That's an SAT word right there.

I think we might be seeing why Dino was so pissy about being asked about leaving Tommy in against Holy Cross. He's clearly not ok

We'll see what he does with it. We drank the Kool Aid and thought last year's success would carry over into this season. That's why last year is last year. When everyone said the OL would be a point of concern, we blew it off. Against Liberty, we saw that they were a huge WIP with no signs of improvement as the season has progressed.

Clearly that anonymous ACC coach in Athlon or whatever preseason mag it was had us pegged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom