NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sat March 18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sat March 18

While it was “fair”, it’s interesting that FDU didn’t even win their tourney and got in on a technicality

True - the Merrimack part (and Bellarmine a few years back I think) is stupid.

Either way it doesn't change my point applying to any #15 or #16 who wins the game. We can switch it to Princeton. They earned the right of playing a #7 or #10 in round #2. instead of a #3 in the next round.

Is this a basketball game or football game? The officials have allowed way too much contact. I don’t mind letting players play, but the physicality isn’t allowing any freedom of motion to take place. There’s contact on every drive, rebound and pass.

True - the Merrimack part (and Bellarmine a few years back I think) is stupid.

Either way it doesn't change my point applying to any #15 or #16 who wins the game. We can switch it to Princeton. They earned the right of playing a #7 or #10 in round #2. instead of a #3 in the next round.
Yeah was just a side note. Any talk of changing the tourney is asinine

And there it is Refs!! Trying to give the game to Duke! Roach fouled out, Proctor got all ball. Fu$&ing refs!
The call on the charge on Flip was awful. Should have been a three point play. It’s getting ridiculous that defensive players can throw themselves at the offensive player and get a charge call.

And there it is Refs!! Trying to give the game to Duke! Roach fouled out, Proctor got all ball. Fu$&ing refs!
And now Plavsic has four.

Does Filipowski have liquid bandage on that cut? Still should be covered, right?

The call on the charge on Flip was awful. Should have been a three point play. It’s getting ridiculous that defensive players can throw themselves at the offensive player and get a charge call.
They gave it right back with the offensive foul on Plavsic.

College refs call everything a charge. Total BS calls. In the NBA 85% of the time the foul is on the defender which makes for a better more entertaining game as it opens up the offense.

These are two very good teams. Really crummy draw to play this early but winner can easily get to F4

Not sure what you saw in Tennessee as they lost 6 of their last ten games b4 the NCAAT, lost their excellent PG in the process, and then beat the mighty Louisiana squad by three as they only scored 58 points. In any event good call.

I think just about everybody knew Purdue was the fugazy #1 seed. Didn't expect them to lose to FDU though.

Did the rule change since Judahs flagrant foul?

Trying to look at what conference has done best after round 1.
The 3 elite conferences during the season that dominated the seeds / or lines have all at least been satisfactory.

I would have to say the SEC has been the best so far, and its only getting better after this Tennessee win.

The second round will tell us a lot more info, because right now nothing is definitive amongst the 4 conferences that have had the most advance to the second round (SEC, BIG, B12, Big East). Although I suspect since the BIG has 4 teams that advanced in the 7-10 range, they will be disappointed by the end of Sunday.

The SEC is 6-2
Top teams have been good.
Their middle of the pack teams (#6-#11 seeds) have went a very solid 4-2.

The Big East has been a very strong 4-1 - although 4 seeds are top 6, so not totally unexpected. Marquette, UConn and Creighton were strong in their wins. Xavier not so much. Second round will tell a lot about them.

The Big 12 is 5-2. The 4 teams in top 3 seeds won, so they were expected to have a nice record at this point. its middle of the pack teams went 1-2. The real test for them to start in rounds 2.

The Big 10 is 5-3.
The very bad is Purdue.
The quite good is going 4-2 in games played by 7-10 seeds (middle of the pack games)
With 4 of its remaining teams playing #1 or #2 seeds in round 2, its likely going to be a tough second round for them.

The ACC is 3-2.
Duke was strong in round 1, Pitt has had a nice run, and Miami was lucky.
Virginia was a dud. 3-2 result was basically as expeted based on seed lines they were granted. Will be tough for them to get more than 1 to the sweet 16 at this point.

The PAC 12 is 1-3. Awful tournament for them.
Arizona lost in the first round for them.
Middle of the pack teams are 0-2

The MWC is 1-3
Bad as normal.Thankfully San Diego St has been good for them. Although even SDSU was tested hard in round 1 and that freakin ref stole my money with an idiotic call with 0.3 seconds left that killed me on the spread. Yes the last part has nothing with the MWC but screw that ref.

The WCC is 2-0, with both teams looking impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom