NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sat March 18 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sat March 18

Nice to see that, for once, Kansas is not a dirty, cheating program. Of course it helps that it is now legal to pay players.

if you re-see you are telling the 16 seed you have to beat the 1-2-3-4 to get to semi bracket.. They got the better draw by beating the best team they should get some reward

and the reverse, why should the 1 seed get to the play the 16-15-14-13 if upsets happen?

They would need to beat the 1 seed then the 4 seed (or the 5 or the 8 or the 9) then the 2 seed (or the 3 or possibly anyone from 5 through 14) and then whatever is left over.

No way KU is losing to a team that is younger than them should have gone bigger this was a low spread.

Its honestly laughable and pathetic that Nick Smith and Anthony Black will 100% both be drafted before Grady Dick by shmuck NBA GMs. Dick is as sure of a thing to be a very good NBA player as I've seen and he does everything else well for a 3 and D wing.

Dougie and someone else was saying on the radio that Tenn took a page out of Pitino's book and fouled on every possession knowing that the refs won't call a foul every time.
Which is even smarter against a team like Duke, because the refs can’t all of a sudden make those calls during crunch time.

Dougie and someone else was saying on the radio that Tenn took a page out of Pitino's book and fouled on every possession knowing that the refs won't call a foul every time.

Depends...

Dixon's staple handchecking with Pitt was allowed in Big East play for years yet called for fouls when they danced and he always flamed out in the tournament with it.

No way KU is losing to a team that is younger than them should have gone bigger this was a low spread.

Its honestly laughable and pathetic that Nick Smith and Anthony Black will 100% both be drafted before Grady Dick by shmuck NBA GMs. Dick is as sure of a thing to be a very good NBA player as I've seen and he does everything else well for a 3 and D wing.

The line was pretty much as expected by predictive metrics which tend to be the basis for lines used by Vegas. Per KP, they are only 3 points different on a neutral floor.

Not to say that your reasoning for Kansas vs the spread is not sound, but the low line spread was in line with expectations.

Duke is really thin in the backcourt. They only have two guards who can play. They’re also lacking a slashing forward who can attack the basket.
As the announces stated multiple times as Duke tried to make a comeback, they severely lack solid 3 point shooting. Today only 6/21. My fear is that will be us next year unless we grab someone out of the portal who is a knockdown shooter. When it comes down to it, all the athletes and 5 stars don’t matter if you can’t score! I thought Duke played really solid defense too. Tennessee are grown men!!

Refs are actually calling fouls on Kansas. This might throw them off their game.

The line was pretty much as expected by predictive metrics which tend to be the basis for lines used by Vegas. Per KP, they are only 3 points different on a neutral floor.

Not to say that your reasoning for Kansas vs the spread is not sound, but the low line spread was in line with expectations.
Yeah I mean Arky is a big athletic team but when you watch them its hard to pick out the guys who might go top 5.

Not that its a bad thing they have 5-6 players that might get drafted this year.

I am not sure this years Kansas team can beat someone like Tennessee but I think they'd beat last years team if they played each other.

Missouri is a terrible rebounding team.

They deploy a zone a good chunk of the time and Brown at 6-8 is the tallest guy they play.

Princeton should be up 20 with all these open looks though

You are winning the game in front of you either way.

Look at WV. They took a last second shot and lost to MD. And if the shot went in they would have played Bama. Instead had they been lucky they would have been placed against Memphis and then had FDU. If FAU makes the S16 it is because of luck not because they proved more than WV. Do we really want teams advancing because of the luck of the draw?
Teams play the regular season to earn seeding. But if you keep reseeding the tournament you are over-rewarding the season accomplishments. The team who wins should be the team who wins, not the team with the best pedigree, which would be what would happen if you kept reseeding.

Kansas has clones on the floor. All their wings can shoot, handle, drive and finish. Adams is going to fit right in.

My ACC loyalty...

I will root for just about any team vs. Dook... Doesn't matter who.

Maybe not G'town, but that's about it.
i'm still pissed with tennessee over the tobias harris switcheroo.

Teams play the regular season to earn seeding. But if you keep reseeding the tournament you are over-rewarding the season accomplishments. The team who wins should be the team who wins, not the team with the best pedigree, which would be what would happen if you kept reseeding.
The good news is reseeding will never happen. Nothing more than a questionable idea on a message board on a Saturday afternoon.

You would need to reduce the field, cap conferences at 5 teams to make it fair, and figure out where conferences go. Adding more quality to the NIT wouldn't be a bad thing. Look at the Europa league recently.

East (9)- Big East, ACC, America East, A10, CAA, Ivy, MAAC, NEC, Patriot

South (10)- SEC, AAC, ASUN, Big South, CUSA, MEAC, Southern, Southland, SWAC, Sun Belt

Midwest (6)- B1G, Horizon, MAC, MVC, OVC, Summit

West (7)- B12, P12, Big Sky, Big West, MWC, WAC, WCC

Those are pretty much right regionally except for the B12. They probably should be South but then the West is too weak, especially after realignment.

So this year would be something like...

East
1. Marquette vs 16. FDU
2. Xavier vs 15. Colgate
3. UVA vs 14. Princeton
4. UConn vs 13. Vermont
5. Duke vs 12. Iona
6. Creighton vs 11. Charleston
7. Miami vs 10. Providence
8. NC St vs 9. VCU

South
1. Houston vs 16. North Texas
2. Bama vs 15. Texas Southern
3. Tennessee vs 14. A&M CC
4. Kentucky vs 13. Howard
5. A&M vs 12. UNC Asheville
6. Missouri vs 11. Kennesaw St
7. Memphis vs 10. Louisiana
8. FAU vs 9. Furman

Midwest
1. Purdue vs 16. Cleveland St
2. Indiana vs 15. Indiana St
3. Northwestern vs 14. Morehead St
4. Michigan St 13. Youngstown St
5. Iowa vs 12. Bradley
6. Drake vs 11. Toledo
7. Oral Roberts vs 10. SEMO
8. Kent St vs 9. Northern Kentucky

West
1. Kansas vs 16. UC Santa Barbara
2. UCLA 15. Montana St
3. Texas vs 14. Grand Canyon
4. Zona vs 13. Utah St
5. Gonzaga vs 12. TCU
6. Baylor vs 11. USC
7. K State vs 10. Boise St
8. San Diego St vs 9. Saint Mary's

If you notice that Midwest is hard to find enough teams. The following teams would have been in the NIT instead:

ISU, MD, Arkansas, Illinois, Auburn, WV, Penn St, Miss St, Pitt, Arizona St, Nevada

Besides Iowa St those are all 8-11 seeds so it isn't the worst thing in the world to send them to the NIT, which all of a sudden is a better field.
Nice effort. It isn’t changing

SU currently has no one on this team that could handle Tennessee’s physicality. Duke dominated us with their physicality and The Vols are knocking them all over the place. If we want to play effective man defense, we have to get physically bigger and stronger.
Yeah that was kinda scary watching that, how far we probably have to go to get to that level

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom