NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better hope the governor has allowed large gatherings over 50 people by that time.

Bigger than people would think. Those who can drive to campus, will make the trip.

Also, with finals being virtual, they're going to have to account for possible academic fraud.
This springs finals were online as well

Syracuse planning Saturday classes this fall. Semester starting a week early and in person classes ending at Thanksgiving with finals online. A compressed semester with Friday and Saturday classes. What does this mean for football?

It means were playing football this fall just like I said from the beginning of course the football players or other athletes in fall sports wont have classes on fri and sat.

Yes, Heading back. She didn't give me a date. He has been taking temperature daily and they will continue to do that at Syracuse. Jawhar is excited to get back out there. Mom is less happy, but what mother wouldn't be. We are natural worriers.

Yes, Heading back. She didn't give me a date. He has been taking temperature daily and they will continue to do that at Syracuse. Jawhar is excited to get back out there. Mom is less happy, but what mother wouldn't be. We are natural worriers.
Any idea if he put on any muscle? Very excited about him.

It’s going to be interesting if Cuomo says no face to face instruction whether colleges will still come back or whether they will back off on these plans. I think these announcements are more like intentions meant to hold their enrollment together so kids don’t take a gap year.

Where I went to school I think 95% of the food in every dining hall was served by the service workers. Everything besides the salad bars I think. Definitely more efficient that way even when there isn’t a pandemic.

Idk if Cuse has grab and go stations at dining halls but those would be great for this too

This has been said before, but these announcements that schools will be on campus in the fall are about as meaningful as a player saying that their team is planning on winning before the game. These announcements should be basically ignored at this stage and are largely being made to provide confidence to incoming students to get their $$$.

One reason for the shift in schedules is that schools are already planning for the likely wave in the fall and that they will likely need the extra week of "buffer" to quickly transition to online.

My assumption is that in a best case scenario, basically all large lecture hall style classes will shift online - so a hybrid scenario is likely best case.

if the tests and treatments progress as fast as people hope the issues become far less. 4-5 Months is a long time. The saliva and home tests that are being tested take the cost and time down tremendously.

With all this going on, I wouldn’t be surprised if kids get jobs instead of going to school because this is definitely an awful experience for these kids. $240k In student loans just to start To experience what? I know it’s not permanent but the experience of college is going to take a major toll. I understand you go to college to get a degree but I think this whole pandemic has made people think completely out of the box on employment as well... I seriously don’t understand how people handle the finances of college sometimes or if it’s actually worth it in the long run when you actually do the math...

Raise tuition 3.9% in the middle of a global pandemic AND start having classes on the weekend. Students and their parents must be thrilled!
I'm not thrilled with the tuition increase, but it is what it is. As for potential Saturday classes, that doesn't bother me much. I work most Saturdays too.

They dont know. Current NY state guidelines may allow for 10 or less... but not gyms. Theyll need to feed 105. At least in my state, dining is not currently allowed indoors. Some logistical concerns here. While I'm sure the players want to get back at it, there may need to be some unusual protocol, for the earliest approval... Current sports/education for NY is phase 4. July 1?

There were NCAA discussions on how they could practice without a football.. but you'll still have 9 bigs breathing down each others throats, and an entire defense whose job is to not social distance. Some challenges.

If they come earlier, cool. In NY, the football part may not come til phase 4. I still havent heard anything from the NCAA that allows them to practice. It all still seems like a work in progress.

Last edited:
I'm not thrilled with the tuition increase, but it is what it is. As for potential Saturday classes, that doesn't bother me much. I work most Saturdays too.

The University will work with folks and stuff that increase is for blank check students.

Such a great University and such a good employer for the community.

I so pray kids are back on campus being kids in the fall.

They wouldn’t have visited their 95 year old grandmother stuck in a nursing home in New Jersey regardless.

End the stupidity.

Does anyone realize there are ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!! Over 2300 deaths ages 16-19 in car crashes and zero Covid deaths . Wrap up all the adults who are in contact with students the way drs and nurses do and let the kids be normal. Enough already facts are facts !

I’m not sure how easy it will be to have Saturday classes and Saturday football games. This might tell us there will be no fans at games.

Does anyone realize there are ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!! Over 2300 deaths ages 16-19 in car crashes and zero Covid deaths . Wrap up all the adults who are in contact with students the way drs and nurses do and let the kids be normal. Enough already facts are facts !

What about the huge number of faculty and staff on the campus who support these students? What about the exponentially larger number of family members these people will come into contact with?

Do you know how many bio suits this would require on the typical college campus?

Every age demographic has seen deaths from this illness, some are just typically more at risk than others.

What about the huge number of faculty and staff on the campus who support these students? What about the exponentially larger number of family members these people will come into contact with?

Do you know how many bio suits this would require on the typical college campus?

Every age demographic has seen deaths from this illness, some are just TYPICALLY more at risk than others.

Don't bother trying, if people haven't figured it out by now they won't. Everyone keeps thinking about themselves and not the people around them.

I'm not an expert on this but I've heard the labs can't handle the increase of tests of nursing home workers.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Why specificially nursing home workers? I just got tested yesterday and will have results by end of day Friday. Seems reasonable. I live in Texas, however, so maybe things are different here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom