NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger than people would think. Those who can drive to campus, will make the trip.

Also, with finals being virtual, they're going to have to account for possible academic fraud.

If they handled testing like schools that offer online courses, then usually the student must be on camera and show ID throughout the test.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Why specificially nursing home workers? I just got tested yesterday and will have results by end of day Friday. Seems reasonable. I live in Texas, however, so maybe things are different here.
All nursing home workers in NYS are now mandated by Cuomo to be tested 2x a week. It was told to me that the labs weren't set up to run that many tests.

Does anyone realize there are ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!! Over 2300 deaths ages 16-19 in car crashes and zero Covid deaths . Wrap up all the adults who are in contact with students the way drs and nurses do and let the kids be normal. Enough already facts are facts !

Exactly isolate the elderly and and most vunerable.

Does anyone realize there are ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!! Over 2300 deaths ages 16-19 in car crashes and zero Covid deaths . Wrap up all the adults who are in contact with students the way drs and nurses do and let the kids be normal. Enough already facts are facts !
This is incorrect. There have been teenage deaths. This is why no one takes you seriously. You make up things and call them facts. You have that in common with someone else here in this thread who ONLY WANTS TO LIV MAH LIFE AND WATCH FOOTBALL!!!

To be fair, there have been few (slightly under 100 deaths under the age of 24), but to say ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!! is factually incorrect.

Enough already facts are facts ! https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

There. I showed my work. Show me your source that there have been ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!!

This is incorrect. There have been teenage deaths. This is why no one takes you seriously. You make up things and call them facts. You have that in common with someone else here in this thread who ONLY WANTS TO LIV MAH LIFE AND WATCH FOOTBALL!!!

To be fair, there have been few (slightly under 100 deaths under the age of 24), but to say ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!! is factually incorrect.

Enough already facts are facts ! Provisional COVID-19 Death Counts by Sex, Age, and State | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

There. I showed my work. Show me your source that there have been ZERO TEENAGE DEATHS ZERO !!!
Yes but compared to deaths from drinking, drugs, cars that’s like zero!!! *ignores fact you presented*

Enough already facts are facts ! Provisional COVID-19 Death Counts by Sex, Age, and State | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

I can’t find the article I read last night but I assure you it said zero . As you said to be fair there were 100 deaths I’m not going to post something that I didn’t read . I’ll try to find it again later when I have time . 100 divided by
330,000,000 us people is .0000003 %
Sucks to be in that percentage but than why let kids be in cars with a .0000072% death rate .

I can’t find the article I read last night but I assure you it said zero . As you said to be fair there were 100 deaths I’m not going to post something that I didn’t read . I’ll try to find it again later when I have time . 100 divided by
Sucks to be in that percentage but than why let kids be in cars with a .0000072% death rate .

It's 100 / # of people under age 24, really no reason to go absolutist on it. Still clearly a good sign in this thing as more useful data is gathered, at least for students.

This is good stuff

What I don’t get is that 480,000 people die every single year from smoking not to mention the health impacts from second hand smoke. And that is just in the United States. If politicians care so much about saving every life, why don’t they outlaw smoking? Do those lives not matter?

Minor point. I'll go out on a limb, and guess that 100% of teenagers have been in cars. I'll venture on another limb, and say 100% of teenagers have not been infected. To compare a totality to a less than 1% statistic, with the same method, isnt viable. Its not apples to oranges. Its apples to b52 bombers.

To your larger point? Yes. We all agree that the age group is at much less risk. I dont believe that's a point of contention for anyone.

What I don’t get is that 480,000 people die every single year from smoking not to mention the health impacts from second hand smoke. And that is just in the United States. If politicians care so much about saving every life, why don’t they outlaw smoking? Do those lives not matter?

You do know there are pretty aggressive laws about smoking indoors and in public places in New York State?

Try lighting up on a plane or a bus and see what happens.

Also when smoking deaths become contagious, let's talk.

From Oct 1st, 2019 to May 4th, 2020 estimated 62,000 people have died from the common flu, with between 18,000,000 and 26,000,000 estimated hospitalized. Guess those lives don't matter either to go along with your point.

You do know there are pretty aggressive laws about smoking indoors and in public places in New York State?

Try lighting up on a plane or a bus and see what happens.

Also when smoking deaths become contagious, let's talk.

The point is, we know smoking kills yet we still allow it and it kills far more than Covid-19 in the US and worldwide. With no end in sight. Lives matter sometimes...when it’s convenient...politically.

we have a virus killing people in a world that is locked down.. we have a flu killing people in a world completely open but with a vaccine. one did it in 3 months and one did it over an entire year. had we stayed open we provably have 5-20x the deaths already.

Ahhhh, one of my favorite online response of all time when confronted for proof, it’s like a warm blanket of familiarity... easily a top 5.

Were you suffering the dark web last night? Hacking the CIA? How obscure of a resource is it that you “need time” to find it again? - Haha, amazing

P.S. the funny thing is I don’t even necessarily disagree with your position, but this... ain’t it

From Oct 1st, 2019 to May 4th, 2020 estimated 62,000 people have died from the common flu, with between 18,000,000 and 26,000,000 estimated hospitalized. Guess those lives don't matter either to go along with your point.
Did you attend syracuse university?

The point is, we know smoking kills yet we still allow it and it kills far more than Covid-19 in the US and worldwide. With no end in sight. Lives matter sometimes...when it’s convenient...politically.

The point is stupid.

Driving, flying, swimming, and eating all have risks and associated deaths as well. Should we stop all those activities? It's a rhetorical question please don't answer.

The point is stupid.

Driving, flying, swimming, and eating all have risks and associated deaths as well. Should we stop all those activities? It's a rhetorical question please don't answer.

Save your strength in your fingers from typing. Some people don't get it or don't wanna get it.

Not sure why we're repeating tired political talking points. If we dont agree with official #'s, antibody studies in NY indicate a 0.74% fatality rate. The new, accurate, Boston study indicates 0.78% mortality. 7.5 times the flu. Assuming 60-70% infection rate(to herd immunity) that's 1.5 million deaths. That's why left AND right governors are continuing with some form of mitigation. If you want more, or less? So be it. But there is general agreement for the need for continued caution. Hopefully there are more medical solutions to balance both health and economic concerns. Have it out in the OT forum.

I thought this thread was about NCAA players returning? To that point, I expect Cuse to be back no later than July 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom