NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say other then telling people if their going out to the beaches and parks what to expect. He wants people to be smart and continue doing what we've been doing but hes not gonna come down with a seat team to onondaga lake park if a few people decide to set a picnic or decide to throw a football around.

one, there have been over 600 instances where police had to break something. Two, they’re gonna be all over this weekend. He’s personally going to 3 places tomorrow. They will be looking for groups larger than 10, people not practicing social distancing and people who can’t avoid the social distancing yet not wearing a mask. He chastised those who can’t follow simple rules. It will be phase 3 that will be impacted if numbers start going up because people don’t know how to act.

one, there have been over 600 instances where police had to break something. Two, they’re gonna be all over this weekend. He’s personally going to 3 places tomorrow. They will be looking for groups larger than 10, people not practicing social distancing and people who can’t avoid the social distancing yet not wearing a mask. He chastised those who can’t follow simple rules. It will be phase 3 that will be impacted if numbers start going up because people don’t know how to act.

Okay thanks for enlightening me. Btw incase you think I'm one of those people I'm not. We don't intend to be just me my girl and our young one maybe do some grilling.

People don’t need haircuts. Doctors are pretty important. By the way, non elective surgeries were shut down. Those are more important than a haircut.

It's either a risk event or it isn't. A doctor who sees sick people all day verses a barber who looks at the back or someone's head.

It's either a risk event or it isn't. A doctor who sees sick people all day verses a barber who looks at the back or someone's head.
Exactly no reason a small barber shop salon couldn't have been open. Like someone with their home salon with one chair or a small barber shop salon business.

Came back to Syracuse today. Parents and sister live here in the house I grew up in, visit multiple times a year and the holidays. Usually visit in the spring but delayed for obvious reasons. Finally decided this long weekend was the time to come. What a beautiful day here. Also watched some local news, really impressed with how the local station conducts the covid stuff and lots of information constantly being shown at the bottom of the screen.

I know many small businesses that glitches caused them to miss out on the cares act. I know others that have never had more in their coffers, because of it. I know low wage, or part time workers that are loving the extra $600, weekly. I know others who still didn't receive their unemployment checks, 7 weeks in.

While the health part of the equation should be the same for all of us? Economic situations are all over the place. There are incentives(I should say levels of comfort) that make it easier to argue longer stay at home orders(or slower reopening). On the other side, there can be complete economic desperation, that may seem dismissive to the health side of the debate.

While I may wish one side of this debate had presented more economic data? (As opposed to raw emotion, that often accompanies desperation) I, personally, don't feel that either side is completely wrong. :-/

if following phase 1 announcements from cuomo id expect so guidance on specific businesses that will be allowed to open in phase 2 instead of the vague list out there currently on tuesday or wednesday. One that is a gray area as it could be considered professional services or recreation is gyms.

Came back to Syracuse today. Parents and sister live here in the house I grew up in, visit multiple times a year and the holidays. Usually visit in the spring but delayed for obvious reasons. Finally decided this long weekend was the time to come. What a beautiful day here. Also watched some local news, really impressed with how the local station conducts the covid stuff and lots of information constantly being shown at the bottom of the screen.
Nice!

I had to turn off cable news. I usually compare them all, but the politicization drove me batty. Found a local AM station that just said what happened today(no editorialization), and then a cable station Newsy, that basically did the same. Boring without empassioned editorials, but it was difficult to discern bias. It was refreshing.

Exactly no reason a small barber shop salon couldn't have been open. Like someone with their home salon with one chair or a small barber shop salon business.
exactly some salons/barbers who have 1 or 2 workers could have been allowed to open in phase 1 with social distancing and lots of cleaning

if following phase 1 announcements from cuomo id expect so guidance on specific businesses that will be allowed to open in phase 2 instead of the vague list out there currently on tuesday or wednesday. One that is a gray area as it could be considered professional services or recreation is gyms.
What phase is hair dressers? (In regards to orangezoo)

My state opened them Monday. (I'm much closer to hot spots than Cuse). My hair will be looking like 1970s Barry Gibb for a bit longer.. lol.

In regards to Cuomo, and the point of this thread... Will Cuse football fall under professional services? Or the phase 4, educational/athletic activities?

Are we playing a game of chicken vs. Cuomo? (Apologies, espn article)

What phase is hair dressers? (In regards to orangezoo)

My state opened them Monday. (I'm much closer to hot spots than Cuse). My hair will be looking like 1970s Barry Gibb for a bit longer.. lol.

In regards to Cuomo, and the point of this thread... Will Cuse football fall under professional services? Or the phase 4, educational/athletic activities?

Are we playing a game of chicken vs. Cuomo? (Apologies, espn article)

Salons and Barbershops phase 2 in NY per Cuomo.

And you probably make 6figs wfh and damned the plebes.

He strikes me just like a few others one here. Prob older folks retired with 2 houses (the second in either Florida or Arizona). There lifestyles prob haven't been affected much in all this.

Salons and Barbershops phase 2 in NY per Cuomo.
Thanks. Best of luck to them. Especially on the ppe/ sanitation side.

With trepidation, one of my friends opened her salon, Monday. (Per regulation) Care act glitch, economic hardship. I wish them health. (Economic, as well)

I'm issued 2 n95 masks a week. I go to places you would never want to be. I wear my p100's instead. 99.7 effective, vs. 95. (Even if covered in oil) Trust me. It freaking sucks.

As we step in to some economic realities?
Some of the health concerns come in to play. They are far from trivial.

Okay thanks for enlightening me. Btw incase you think I'm one of those people I'm not. We don't intend to be just me my girl and our young one maybe do some grilling.

Oops might have to ammend those plans. Cuomo Executive order

Looks like were def gonna have some fun on the 4th july at our annual 4th july party. Bees !!!

Thank u too the good citizen who spured this with their lawsuit.

He strikes me just like a few others one here. Prob older folks retired with 2 houses (the second in either Florida or Arizona). There lifestyles prob haven't been affected much in all this.
If there is a counter to OK Boomer, this would be the perfect place.

Why aren't you using factual economic data to back your beliefs? It exists, if you care to have a productive discussion.

If he's done well, his opinion is intellectually dishonest? What?

Last edited:

Looks like those plans have changed. Gov. Cuomo issues executive order allowing gatherings of up to 10
people

If there is a counter to OK Boomer, this would be the perfect place.

Why aren't you using factual economic data to back your beliefs? It exists, if you care to have a productive discussion.

I can't tell which side your on. Theres the side with me, Frankiefan, Jheeter, TexanMark, and Chris02m and NateW. Then theres the other side with Bees, Dasher, NineoneSeven, DWORANGE, and Orange79 and a couple others. Seems to be the theme of how these threads have gone.

Bees: “Gatherings of up to 10”
CuseRunner: “Haha, bees! We can have gatherings of up to 10 now!”

Its not so much Bees. I just love seeing Cuomo get served by the people who put him into office. He works for us.

Oops might have to ammend those plans. Cuomo Executive order

Looks like were def gonna have some fun on the 4th july at our annual 4th july party. Bees !!!

Thank u too the good citizen who spured this with their lawsuit.

im not sure it went down that way. McMahon mentioned it in his presser. I even mentioned it in my response to you above.

I can't tell which side your on. Theres the side with me, Frankiefan, Jheeter, TexanMark, and Chris02m and NateW. Then theres the other side with Bees, Dasher, NineoneSeven, DWORANGE, and Orange79 and a couple others. Seems to be the theme of how these threads have gone.

Wow. You put me in with some great company. Historically speaking, I've had some serious disagreements with those first two legends you've listed, so maybe I've finally turned the corner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.