NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he can get a haircut but we cant. He said you wearing a mask says you respect me you respect my health. He said you not wearing a mask could mean by death. He said if you sit on a park bench and sneeze and I sit on that same park bench now I could be infected. The guy is so full of himself must be getting a self workout in from patting himself on the back so much. Btw he would never be in the same place a common folk would be unless it has political reason attached. Last thing I'll say on him please if we cant run him out of office let's make sure he never holds any other office again.

My goodness, put a friggin hat on or something and keep it moving. Whining about a haircut to this extent and seemingly being dead serious...smh. Really not that big of a deal.

I know at least once his daughter cut his hair. They were laughing about it.

The Cuomo variety show. I'll wait till next weekend like what we were told to do by him.

My goodness, put a friggin hat on or something and keep it moving. Whining about a haircut to this extent and seemingly being dead serious...smh. Really not that big of a deal.

I think (hope) he's more concerned with the barber than with his flow.

McMahon’s hair looks pretty clean.

He said he's waiting till the 29th just like the rest of us. Btw they did a segment on the reopening of beaches at green lakes on news channel 9 nobody more spread out than usual and one person wearing a mask walking a dog that was seen in the footage of the segment. Just as I previously said. You wanna reverse your statement yet.

People

People choose to smoke knowing risk and they don’t pass cancer to their contacts
I think he's got a point. We should probably start some sort of public health campaign to try to ensure everyone who uses is fully aware of the risks their behavior poses to themselves and others. Perhaps levy a tax on tobacco sales to make it harder to obtain. Maybe put some limits on who can decide to use it. And we should probably do more to prevent other people being exposed to smoke against their will, perhaps ban its use inside buildings and in public areas.

He said he's waiting till the 29th just like the rest of us. Btw they did a segment on the reopening of beaches at green lakes on news channel 9 nobody more spread out than usual and one person wearing a mask walking a dog that was seen in the footage of the segment. Just as I previously said. You wanna reverse your statement yet.

which statement is that? That they should be following social distancing and wearing masks? Or that you cheer for non compliance so that more people will get infected? You get off on weird things.

I thought the economy-Meister genius in charge had engineered the greatest economy in the history of economies? If things were so good, why can’t our country adequately support people financially for a few months. Where’d all the money go? People can’t work for a couple months and we’re screwed? And they can’t be helped? How good were things in the first place then? People gotta legit risk death so they can make money and feed their family now?

Some country.

How much in reserves does an average small employer hold, 6-8-10 weeks? That's about where we are.

I would think that if putting food on the table mattered, one would do what it takes. There are lots of people that live on $10/11 an hour.
I worked minimum wage for a couple months last summer, I can’t even imagine attempting to support a family making $11.50 an hour. And that’s with the cost of living in relatively rural CNY.

If anybody lives on $10/11 an hour they must be single, have extremely low living costs, or get considerable assistance in some form. It’s not sustainable in 2020.

which statement is that? That they should be following social distancing and wearing masks? Or that you cheer for non compliance so that more people will get infected? You get off on weird things.

That u think there is gonna be complete universal compliance in society. That was just at green lakes today at noon what do u think its gonna be like as we get into the weekend and memorial day.

That u think there is gonna be complete universal compliance in society. That was just at green lakes today at noon what do u think its gonna be like as we get into the weekend and memorial day.

I didn’t say there was going to be total compliance. I’ve said there should be. Hell there hasn’t been total compliance since day 1. I see non compliance every day.

I'll ask u again. Do u think for example is going to wear a mask at all times like a destiny usa when they are exiting a store and heading to regal cinema and then going to somewhere for dinner afterwords name a place at the mall. This is just one example you think somebody is gonna wear a mask at all times as the gym or once they enter and hit the olymptical will they throw it in your their gym bag as they go to lift. Or wear a mask while entering a bar and once they order their drinks take it off again until they go to leave all examples throw in various outdoor places and activities as examples. I'm asking a question I'm not endorsing promoting or telling anybody to do any of it.

Society has never conformed as a whole to a set of norms.

we’re going back a few weeks. As runner called for.

the antibody test is pretty useless. Almost 70% false positives.
At least 2 tests with 99.8% accuracy.

People don’t need haircuts. Doctors are pretty important. By the way, non elective surgeries were shut down. Those are more important than a haircut.
I know a bunch of people that have had surgeries, including family members.

At least 2 tests with 99.8% accuracy.

that’s what they say but it’s not the way to look at it.

Overall all antibody tests are about 90% accurate. If an antibody test is 90% accurate, that means it’s 10% wrong. If only 5% of the population is actually infected, then 10% of that 95% of the population gets a false positive, meaning 9.5% of the population gets a false positive. But only 5% of the population is actually infected, so about twice as many people get a false positive than are actually infected. So about 2/3 of the people that test positive have actually not been infected.

If all tests were 98% accurate then that would be 33% were false positives which still isn’t good at all.

The one thing I take exception to is when people say do you have grandparents or parents and say something about their funerals. I feel like that is pretty harsh, I certainly understand the concept and ill be honest im 38 my parents are in their late 50s and I have 4 small kids, so will I be sitting in a packed stadium I will not. But what if there is never a vaccine? So people are just supposed to live in fear forever? I see both sides of the argument but some people are going to have to start living their lives and hopefully they will do it with some concerns of their fellow man. But I dont think you can crucify people who say they are going to live their lives.
95,000 dead

I don’t think this is true...non elective surgeries were never shut down...elective surgeries were but have been restarted again...

elective surgeries include from hernias all the way to a nose job/Botox...meaning people could now get a facelift but I can’t get my haircut?

I can go to Walmart or other large store and mingle with hundreds of people, but I can’t go to my small local bar where I’ll only see maybe 15-20 people max?

Be honest with yourself, some of these rules are silly and contradict themselves
For a lot of people, those “elective” surgeries included things like knee surgery, shoulder surgery, removal of skin growths that may or may not be malignant...

Yea 95,000 dead but 20 plus million who can’t pay their bills and an entire country’s economy destroyed. Just saying.
Just saying if we didn't do what was done, the number of dead would be far more. You can always make more money down the road, when you are dead, you are dead

that’s what they say but it’s not the way to look at it.

Overall all antibody tests are about 90% accurate. If an antibody test is 90% accurate, that means it’s 10% wrong. If only 5% of the population is actually infected, then 10% of that 95% of the population gets a false positive, meaning 9.5% of the population gets a false positive. But only 5% of the population is actually infected, so about twice as many people get a false positive than are actually infected. So about 2/3 of the people that test positive have actually not been infected.

If all tests were 98% accurate then that would be 33% were false positives which still isn’t good at all.
Why I mentioned the 99.8 acccurate ones. That is the way to look at it. Scientifically accurate, unlike the ones you mentioned, which would have been an issue with early studies. . At least 998 out 1000 correct.. It's why you check the testing methodology

As its popular knowledge, The scientists running the test know this too. I suppose they could intentionally chose the known inaccurate ones. Or they may even chose the known scientifically accurate ones.

With proven, known, scientifically accurate tests, studies are not forever wrong because of initial issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors