NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He strikes me just like a few others one here. Prob older folks retired with 2 houses (the second in either Florida or Arizona). There lifestyles prob haven't been affected much in all this.

I only have one house. I’m not rich. My lifestyle has not been effected that much, but it could be. I’m more concerned about my health than my money. You should be too.

It's either a risk event or it isn't. A doctor who sees sick people all day verses a barber who looks at the back or someone's head.

My doctor is only taking teledoc appointments. But if nurses or doctors have to attend to patients, it‘s because it’s absolutely necessary. Not like a haircut, which is obviously not important.

My doctor is only taking teledoc appointments. But if nurses or doctors have to attend to patients, it‘s because it’s absolutely necessary. Not like a haircut, which is obviously not important.

Saw my doctor, dentist, dermatologist in the last two weeks. It's all open in Virginia and has been for a while.

Frankly I am amazed at the flippancy people have towards the haircut thing, people are concerned for the business, not their head of hair.

Saw my doctor, dentist, dermatologist in the last two weeks. It's all open in Virginia and has been for a while.

Frankly I am amazed at the flippancy people have towards the haircut thing, people are concerned for the business, not their head of hair.

My cousin is a barber and unlike the Supercuts and franchise shops, he like many are cash only businesses. He has a very lengthy client list (athletes, musicians, etc) and he's hurting right now because he's not getting normal traffic due to shops being closed in NYC. Suggesting that someone get a Kroger job for $14/hr is tone deaf especially if that's all they know. I WFH and make a good salary. There are many who are hoping they are able to go back to work so that they can recoup what they lost.

He said this back in January as well. It's safe to say no one knows anything.

BTW, what the hell happened in this thread? My last post was about possible cheating during Finals and I come back to 16 more pages.

It's a long way of trying to figure out who is going to cut Buddy's hair.

I thought the economy-Meister genius in charge had engineered the greatest economy in the history of economies? If things were so good, why can’t our country adequately support people financially for a few months. Where’d all the money go? People can’t work for a couple months and we’re screwed? And they can’t be helped? How good were things in the first place then? People gotta legit risk death so they can make money and feed their family now?

Some country.
Especially with all those Billions coming in from Gina

My parents dropped my azz off, helped me bring my stuff up and left.

Is this staying around a couple days a new thing?
Same here. Parents stayed one night in a nice motel at Carrier Circle that I understand is a "rent a room by the hour" place now. ;)

So what if I do? I worked hard to get where I am. I’d rather have my health than money.
The point is that’s it’s easy to say “lots of people live off of $10/11 dollars an hour” when you’re making much more money and haven’t been negatively impacted by COVID the way the lower-class of our country has.

Nobody said anything about your work ethic or what it took to be successful

Yea 95,000 dead but 20 plus million who can’t pay their bills and an entire country’s economy destroyed. Just saying.
The world economy not just ours

I only have one house. I’m not rich. My lifestyle has not been effected that much, but it could be. I’m more concerned about my health than my money. You should be too.

The 'ol if you don't have your health, you have nothing rings true. However, take away all of your means ($$$) and what that provides, and see what that does for you health wise. Fortunately, you do not walk in those shoes, but your own, therefore, you, nor anyone for that matter, is in any position to be telling anyone what they "should be" doing relative to their own well being.

Economics share a human casualty price, as well. There is a cost both ways. (Potential 1.2M unnecessary deaths in this one)

Last edited:
You wanna talk science and data. I'll take this

We should also read the last sentence, that it should not lead to hasty removal of lockdowns.

Over-optimism based on some predicted end dates is dangerous because it may loosen our disciplines and controls and cause the turnaround of the virus,” they said.

We should also read the last sentence, that it should not lead to hasty removal of lockdowns.

Over-optimism based on some predicted end dates is dangerous because it may loosen our disciplines and controls and cause the turnaround of the virus,” they said.

Idk where u live but were gonna be back to operations here in CNY by late June early July meaning everything from Construction to Movie Theatres will be reopen although there will be differences. So idk what your talking bout lockdowns people will be getting their haircuts by next weekend and getting back to the movie theatres by late june early july.

Idk where u live but were gonna be back to operations here in CNY by late June early July meaning everything from Construction to Movie Theatres will be reopen although there will be differences. So idk what your talking bout lockdowns people will be getting their haircuts by next weekend and getting back to the movie theatres by late june early july.
Referencing the scientists words, that you posted. A hasty "return to normal" could be dangerous. (Ohh. Counties bordering mine have 35k plus cases)

I think the fact of the matter is, that the economic side will kill many, and the virus will continue to, as well. Kids cited in that UNICEF link will die, barbers etc., will die. My hope would be to lesson all of those.

Last edited:
This man loves haircuts, never seen anything like it!

I said anything from because those businesses are most notably in the next phase hairsalons/barbershops to movie theatres will be reopen by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.