NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk where u live but were gonna be back to operations here in CNY by late June early July meaning everything from Construction to Movie Theatres will be reopen although there will be differences. So idk what your talking bout lockdowns people will be getting their haircuts by next weekend and getting back to the movie theatres by late june early july.

incorrect. Being back would mean pre virus. That’s not happening for a long time. A restaurant at 25% or 50% capacity isn’t being back. It’s a band aid. A needed band aid. But not back.

incorrect. Being back would mean pre virus. That’s not happening for a long time. A restaurant at 25% or 50% capacity isn’t being back. It’s a band aid. A needed band aid. But not back.

I think most people will be willing to accept going to a restraunt/bar establishment at half capacity, or a movie threatre with seating in each row of every other seat with no touch payments for concessions and tickets, I'm sure working out the gym is gonna be different too.

I think most people will be willing to accept going to a restraunt/bar establishment at half capacity, or a movie threatre with seating in each row of every other seat with no touch payments for concessions and tickets, I'm sure working out the gym is gonna be different too.

my gym was already pretty clean to begin with as it was a new location they just moved into,probably for insurance reasons instead of the individual being required to wipe down equipment the staff will be in charge of it, mobile checking in as well, every other treadmill,elipticals etc being used, 50 % of capacity at the beginning

my gym was already pretty clean to begin with as it was a new location they just moved into,probably for insurance reasons instead of the individual being required to wipe down equipment the staff will be in charge of it, mobile checking in as well, every other treadmill,elipticals etc being used, 50 % of capacity at the beginning

Yeah same with my Gym its a local chain on Gyms in Syracuse and syracuse suburbs. We have cards and key chain cards we just scan when we enter.

The point is that’s it’s easy to say “lots of people live off of $10/11 dollars an hour” when you’re making much more money and haven’t been negatively impacted by COVID the way the lower-class of our country has.

Nobody said anything about your work ethic or what it took to be successful

There’s a lot of people that do it. There’s a deadly virus killing people. What choice do we have? People have to sacrifice. That’s just the way it is.

There’s a lot of people that do it. There’s a deadly virus killing people. What choice do we have? People have to sacrifice. That’s just the way it is.
I don’t even know what this is supposed to mean

From what we know, it seems the virus is most easily passed through the air - from people coughing, sneezing, talking, or merely breathing, and it happens easiest when people are in enclosed areas for a sizable amount of time.

Doesn’t seem like the cleanliness of the equipment is that big of a factor here.

In my personal opinion, I truly feel we shut down too late and because of that the virus was pretty rampant and most people were already exposed to it...especially as now they are saying it was easily here by January and spreading quick by then.

because we closed down to late I feel that it is important to open things up and start ramping things back to normal...not “new normal”. At this stage because of where we caught it, the only thing that will help at this point is herd immunity.

Now on to my theory on why people are so opposite sides...my theory is that the people who are saying take the time to reopen, be slow, caution is better, no price etc. I believe that many of them have jobs where they are home and still getting paid whether that be working from home, or just off with paycheck.

the opposite side, are the people who work in essential businesses that are not hospitals and doctor offices...think grocery store workers,barbers, hair dresses etc or people whose jobs have them temporarily laid off until this lifts.

I could be totally wrong but just my thought

If ya'll are going to make this a political discussion take it to the OT forum.

In my personal opinion, I truly feel we shut down too late and because of that the virus was pretty rampant and most people were already exposed to it...especially as now they are saying it was easily here by January and spreading quick by then.

because we closed down to late I feel that it is important to open things up and start ramping things back to normal...not “new normal”. At this stage because of where we caught it, the only thing that will help at this point is herd immunity.

Now on to my theory on why people are so opposite sides...my theory is that the people who are saying take the time to reopen, be slow, caution is better, no price etc. I believe that many of them have jobs where they are home and still getting paid whether that be working from home, or just off with paycheck.

the opposite side, are the people who work in essential businesses that are not hospitals and doctor offices...think grocery store workers,barbers, hair dresses etc or people whose jobs have them temporarily laid off until this lifts.

completely agree we shut down too late. Completely disagree that we need to just flip the switch and go back to how things were pre-virus.

I don’t even know what this is supposed to mean

It means not everyone makes a lot of money. There are people living on minimum wage. Means we didn’t have a choice. We had to lockdown and close businesses. It’s not ideal for anyone, especially small business owners. But there’s a lot of risk being a small business owner. We could not allow barbershops and diners to remain open, right? It’s a temporary shutdown.

completely agree we shut down too late. Completely disagree that we need to just flip the switch and go back to how things were pre-virus.

FWIW. At onondaga lake park right now with my girl her parents our little girl are walking and our little girl is on her bike on the parkway plenty of people without masks here on the parkway should even worse by the butterfly garden and lake side by the baseball fields lots of people outside heides and standing in line at the mobile heides and heides ice cream shop and no cops as u say over their either. Like I said its unofficial start of summer people were only gonna live a certain way for so long. Just let u know.

FWIW. At onondaga lake park right now with my girl her parents our little girl are walking and our little girl is on her bike on the parkway plenty of people without masks here on the parkway should even worse by the butterfly garden and lake side by the baseball fields lots of people outside heides and standing in line at the mobile heides and heides ice cream shop and no cops as u say over their either. Like I said its unofficial start of summer people were only gonna live a certain way for so long. Just let u know.

you seem proud people are disregarding the rules trying to get others sick. And heids has signs all over saying they will not serve customers not wearing a mask.

i agree to a point but now is not the time to reopen to old normal. Once say we get thru phase 4 in most places and get thru without a substantial increase in cases and hospitals arent over run, then maybe we can relax all the restrictions and take our chances at least until a potential second wave hits

The 'ol if you don't have your health, you have nothing rings true. However, take away all of your means ($$$) and what that provides, and see what that does for you health wise. Fortunately, you do not walk in those shoes, but your own, therefore, you, nor anyone for that matter, is in any position to be telling anyone what they "should be" doing relative to their own well being.

You shouldn’t be concerned about your health? How are you going to provide for anyone if you’re sick?

you seem proud people are disregarding the rules trying to get others sick. And heids has signs all over saying they will not serve customers not wearing a mask.

The people at heides are outside sitting on their cars and standing in line outside at the mobile heides vehicle. I'm not proud just saying what I said people were only gonna do this for so long.

Think about that. If my company has 100% of their people working from home all over the world, and has no immediate plans to bring people back to office settings, what does that tell you? It’s not safe, or they don’t want to risk an outbreak in an office setting. A lot of companies are doing the same.

The people at heides are outside sitting on their cars and standing in line outside at the mobile heides vehicle. I'm not proud just saying what I said people were only gonna do this for so long.

Pretty nice here in Pensacola Beach. Nobody within 50 yards of us.

8174EC86-8616-45D8-99C7-6C7302684820.jpeg

they are allowed to do that. You don’t need a mask outside if your at least 6 feet apart from others. Do you have a tape measure?

People get sick. Take time off, get better and get back at it. Other people pick up the slack in business for periods of time.

Well, this ain’t the flu. Nearly 100k dead. It’s pretty contagious and deadly, you know? Especially for barbers in their 70‘s.

You shouldn’t be concerned about your health? How are you going to provide for anyone if you’re sick?

Btw dis anybody think bout this. If you are wearing a mask you are protected. So if somebody wants to go out and get a hot dog and icecream with their family or go for a walk in the park etc and they dont wanna wear a mask they shouldn't have to and be shamed for it. This narrative wearing a mask mask shows I respect your health is nonsense you are already protected if u wear a mask. Everybody is in charge of their own health.

Btw dis anybody think bout this. If you are wearing a mask you are protected. So if somebody wants to go out and get a hot dog and icecream with their family or go for a walk in the park etc and they dont wanna wear a mask they shouldn't have to and be shamed for it. This narrative wearing a mask mask shows I respect your health is nonsense you are already protected if u wear a mask. Everybody is in charge of their own health.

No, if you are wearing a mask, you are not spreading it (In theory).

they are allowed to do that. You don’t need a mask outside if your at least 6 feet apart from others. Do you have a tape measure?

We saw multiple sets of people sitting on top of their cars together and standing in line in bunches people of all ages walking biking the parkway together no masks. U said McMahon and company were gonna be breaking it up ? Like I said mcmahon is gonna trust people to be in charge of their own lives at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.