NCAA Elite Eight Games for March 27 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for March 27

Time to allow 6 fouls per player. Sick of seeing key players on the bench.
The reason its 5 fouls in college vs. 6 in pro.

NBA 48 minutes/ 6 fouls = 1 foul every 8 minutes before DQ.

College 40 minutes/5 fouls= 1 foul every 8 minutes before DQ.

It’s the same ratio. I don’t think college needs 6 fouls if its only 40 minutes.

The reason its 5 fouls in college vs. 6 in pro.

NBA 48 minutes/ 6 fouls = 1 foul every 8 minutes before DQ.

College 40 minutes/5 fouls= 1 foul every 8 minutes before DQ.

It’s the same ratio. I don’t think college needs 6 fouls if its only 40 minutes.
But it's the inconsistency of the college refs that makes five fouls difficult. Some guys call ticky tack fouls while others let everything go. You never know from night to night. Holmgren the other night a perfect example. Two BS foul calls and he's out of the game. What other sport has that feature? Certainly not football or baseball. Also too much leeway for home cooking to screw the visitor.

Last edited:
But the inconsistency of the college refs makes five fouls difficult. Some guys call ticky tack fouls while others let everything go. You never know from night to night. Holmgren the other night perfect example. Two BS foul calls and he's out of the game. What other sport has that feature? Certainly not football or baseball. Also too much leeway for home cooking to screw the visitor.
I agree, some college refs are so bad they determine the outcome of the game by calling two quick nickel dimers.

CBS put up a graphic showing the 5 winningest programs ever and it showed Temple as 5th overall which is not correct. It is Syracuse with 2057. It’s one of the things about the last round of sanctions that drives me nuts.

Is 15 for a half a tournament record? Seems as though it should be. Just dreadful!
Back before the shot clock there were some really low scores but since then I would think it’s close.

They should have gotten a death sentence. Instead they are headed to the FF. Yay NCAA!
Throw in Duke and UNC and it’s a celebration of looking the other way.

Are there any men who invest in QQQ? It seems like it’s all women.

All the talking geniuses on the UNC/SPU pre-game show wanted to pick St Peters, but they all picked UNC. Anyone here have the guts to pick St Peters?

That game was eerily similar to our loss to Sparty in 2000.

Yes. In the 2000 game we had a 40-26 lead. They tied it at 58 and got the last 17 points, an 18-49 run from our high point.

I had to turn this one off. Miami went to all three way too early and that's not their strength. Like the announcer said, they were tryign to make 19 point shots, (the difference at that juncture).

I just looked at the play-by-play. it was 40-40 at 15:45. To that point, Miami had attempted 36 shots and 9 of them were threes, (25%). After that they attempted 19 shots and 12 of them were threes (63%). They went 0 for 12.

If Moore can’t play, Nova is done no matter who they play. You better get back when you play Kansas because they are the fastest team in the tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom