NCAA National Championship: April 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: April 4

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FPdL12DWUA4hSo7

do we have any data yet on the massive difference in the number of viewers watching the mens games as opposed to the women's tournament. big push this year to give equal coverage.

do we have any data yet on the massive difference in the number of viewers watching the mens games as opposed to the women's tournament. big push this year to give equal coverage.
I have noticed that. I doubt it moved the needle at all, to be honest.

I have nothing against the woman's game. Good for them. but the ratings tell the story on how much coverage something should get. It's market driven. If the market wants something on tv, it gets on tv. Things can't be force fed. You can put anything you want on tv on thursday night. Whether people will tune in is a different story.

UNC is going to need Bacot to be at least 80% if they want a chance. I'm sure he has been getting treatment 24/7 since Saturday and will likely get a shot before game time.

This article predicts the women's final will be about 1/4 the ratings of the men's final.

If it happens, it is probably the highest ratings ever for the women's game.

Note that they refer to the ratings of the 2015 national semis, when Kentucky and Wisconsin had the highest ratings for a national semi since 1996. That year featured Syracuse in the Final Four of course.

I wonder if that is the all time best ratings for a national semi?

That data is not as important anymore, what with social media. Top women players have more followers, and that is a pretty big deal.

Many college coaches refer to the Kansas coach as “Dollar” Bill Self.

I’m sure the NCAA isn’t looking forward to handing the trophy tonight to a coach & school under investigation of five level 1 violations. Will the calls favor NC tonight??

That was the best rendition of the Star Spangled Banner ever. New Orleans' Preservation Hall Jazz Band with a great upbeat jazz singer. Would love to see/hear it again. It was happy, joyful and upbeat ... not a dirge.
Here you go.

This game is starting out exactly the same way as the KS-Nova game on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom