NCAA Sweet Sixteen Games for Fri March 24 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Sweet Sixteen Games for Fri March 24

I may be mistaken, but I think Oats pulled a real rock at the end of the game. His team pulled to within 2 points with about 45 seconds to go. And then he had them foul. Playing straight up, getting a stop, and then having a final possession to tie or win the game made more sense.
The announcer said he tried to play the possession game by fouling, but I agree with you. He was hedging they'd might miss FTs or they might get more possessions, but it backfired. Turned out to be the wrong decision.

The announcer said he tried to play the possession game by fouling, but I agree with you. He was hedging they'd might miss FTs or they might get more possessions, but it backfired. Turned out to be the wrong decision.
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but didn't he only start doing that after San Diego State's stud that was scoreless most of the night broke through their trap on the inbound and then went to the foul line to put them up 4?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but didn't he only start doing that after San Diego State's stud that was scoreless most of the night broke through their trap on the inbound and then went to the foul line to put them up 4?
I thought it was 2 like longtimefan said but I could be wrong

SDSU just over powered them. We need a new strength plan.

More than that- they have experienced athleticism too. Mensah is 2x the defensive presence he was vs when we beat them. Bama shows it's youth in taking contested jumpers and not being able to get defenders to bite on weak ball fakes.

I'm also wondering about Nowell's ankle that he hobbled around on for a while. Sometimes players can play on adrenalin and it's worse later. And how many games like that is he going to have anyway?

I'm also wondering about Nowell's ankle that he hobbled around on for a while. Sometimes players can play on adrenalin and it's worse later. And how many games like that is he going to have anyway?
Did you see him a week ago vs. Kentucky? 27 points, 9 assists. Not bad.

Yeah that was a weird flex. Miami is playing great now but the league was horrible this year.
Exactly, we can't just forget about 14 teams to tell the story we want to. That gets on my nerves.

All 4 #1 seds about to be out, before the elite 8.

March Madness is incredible.
A blue blood, a March choker, a non P5, and a football school

My friend calls super talented players who drift into the background and go 3-17 while doing nothing to impact the game in big losses…”NyQuil”.

Even a great player can be a “NyQuil”. He calls Paul George a “NyQuil” while acknowledging that he’s a future hall of famer.

Brandon Miller has “NyQuil” written all over him.
James Harden in the 2009 second rd loss to Syracuse

A buddy of mine, who is a 1991 graduate of SU is the UConn sports chaplain. He just posted that the door has opened for the UConn men to win it all. I used your "portal to hell" analogy on him. Thanks for the idea.

It’s funny looking back at old threads, but Cusesky8214 did yeoman’s work a couple years ago in getting info & making recommendations on FAU’s Vladislav Goldin.
Well done, sir!
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom