NCAA tourney is slipping away | Syracusefan.com

NCAA tourney is slipping away

2-3zone

2nd String
SU will finish the preconference schedule at 9-4 with zero quality wins

It will take some huge upset wins in the ACC (@Duke, @North Carolina, Louisville, Virginia) to get this team into the NCAA Tourney

2-3zone said:
SU will finish the preconference schedule at 9-4 with zero quality wins It will take some huge upset wins in the ACC (@Duke, @North Carolina, Louisville, Virginia) to get this team into the NCAA Tourney

We let a very big fish get away today.

I'm infuriated.

It will take some huge upset wins in the ACC (@Duke, @North Carolina, Louisville, Virginia) to get this team into the NCAA Tourney
Another stellar, stellar thread on your part. You just continue to outdo yourself. Nice work.

And you also happen to be wrong.

They played the best they have all year and the tourney is slipping away? IF they can play like this they will get some signature wins. They need to finish these games but things are brighter than they've been since the season started.

Without a good ooc win we will need 11 acc wins and at least 2 in the tourney to dance. I just don't see it. We will struggle to get to .500 in conference play.

This win would have been huge.

Without a good ooc win we will need 11 acc wins and at least 2 in the tourney to dance. I just don't see it. We will struggle to get to .500 in conference play.

How 'bout 12 ACC wins?

Way to early to say this, we have a solid schedule in ACC play to get some good wins. If we don't win some of those games were screwed.

You're joking right? You can't see .500 in ACC?

Wake
BC (twice)
VT
GT
FSU
NC State
Pitt (twice)
Clemson

SU will be favored in all of these games. Miami is ranked but are you scared of them? UNC is very beatable. I think SU gets blown out by Duke twice and loses by 12 to UL but every other game they'll be favored or slight underdog to UVA and ND

Anyway, it seems like a lot of years Izzo and Mich. St lose a few of these ooc games, and they seem to get in.

All due respect, but I think you're wrong on a couple different levels. We shall see.

Jake said:
Without a good ooc win we will need 11 acc wins and at least 2 in the tourney to dance. I just don't see it. We will struggle to get to .500 in conference play. This win would have been huge.

OTOH we have no What losses yet as do so many of our peers. The most recent being Mich St losing to a team which had ONE prior win!!!!! It's obvious that parity between the big conferences and the mid majors no longer just happens in the tourney. And except for the final minute, when three players had fouled out, everyone but McCullough had a pretty decent game. Kaleb in particular did a fine job against a team known for its guard play. I no longer believe he will be a one and done but I'm encouraged by today's progress. Unless the refs continue to F us over or there is monumental regression we will do pretty well in league play.

when we are 16-4, you will be singing a different tune my friend.

By the end of the year this team will be better than last year's squad. The question is how many losses will this young squad take on its journey. If nothing else I am excited to watch and find out. I couldn't say that the last few years where watching paint dry was more fun than watching SU hoops.

The loss yesterday would be a big factor if we were in a position to secure a preferred path in the tourney (Pitt to Cleveland). That is what we are usually doing this time of year, so the loss seems more crushing than it is. Since the East goes through the Dome, its as good a year as any to be a bubble team.

Fumbled a signature win, but this season has always depended on young players, in new roles, getting better. Getting better, month to month.

Gbinije, Joseph, and Roberson showed progress -- against an undefeated, #7 team, on their court. Keep the faith.

Hopefully Iowa can make some noise in the Big10. I think LaTech will end up being a good win. But hardly anything to hang your hat on.

The ACC is weaker than people expected. I do think we can get to twelve wins in the ACC". I actually expect us to rip off 10 in a row now. People will be singing a lot different tune at 16-4 on January 24th.

Go look at some teams that have received invites recently, none are very impressive. If Syracuse gets 11 wins in the ACC they will be in. It might be a 10 seed but at least we're in.

For example, Tennessee last year finished the SEC 11-7 with no wins over ranked teams (I don't know about RPI). But, 11-7 in a crappy league? They were 9-4 OOC, although they did blowout Virginia which probably made the difference. Anyways, not overly impressive but they still get in.

NC State last year got in. 9-3 OOC with best win against Tennessee; 9-9 in ACC but they did beat us in the ACC tourney.

Unless Syracuse completely poops the bed in the ACC, we're getting in. I think we'll knock off one of UNC, Duke, UVA and UL, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom