ND fans can go POUND SALT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND fans can go POUND SALT

When the Dome was pretty much empty, and we were finally about ready to leave our seats, two ND fans crossed right in front of us. There was no one else within 20 yards. As they walked in front my wife and I, the one says, “Go Irish!”

Worst fans in CFB.

When the Dome was pretty much empty, and we were finally about ready to leave our seats, two ND fans crossed right in front of us. There was no one else within 20 yards. As they walked in front my wife and I, the one says, “Go Irish!”

Worst fans in CFB.
I really hope you replied, "Oh, f##k off."

There were a lot more ND fans there than some think. No it wasn’t 40% but many of them, at least what I saw from people screaming for them, were ND fans that didn’t have ND gear on and just nondescript stuff. I’d say they had about 15% and they were loud as hell. Screw the SU fans in the lower level that sold their tickets to ND fans. Screw the 3 season ticket holders to my right why gave or sold their seats to ND fans. Screw the SU fans that walked in with friends or family in ND gear. Our crowd was loud but SU fans (those not there) need to WANT to be there.

There were a lot more ND fans there than some think. No it wasn’t 40% but many of them, at least what I saw from people screaming for them, were ND fans that didn’t have ND gear on and just nondescript stuff. I’d say they had about 15% and they were loud as hell. Screw the SU fans in the lower level that sold their tickets to ND fans. Screw the 3 season ticket holders to my right why gave or sold their seats to ND fans. Screw the SU fans that walked in with friends or family in ND gear. Our crowd was loud but SU fans (those not there) need to WANT to be there.
I was in the lower level today, when im
normally in 319 or 320.

You’re 10000% right. Screw the people who bought season tickets, or have been holders, and took their gold domed profits. God sometimes I just dont get people.

I don't understand the appeal of Notre Dame in the modern day.
20 years of bad football out of NY will make people look at ND, Miami and Penn State

I thought I'd heard that Notre Dame returned some unsold tickets.

Notre Dame faced a lot of anti-Catholic bigotry in the earlier days of college football. I suspect some of the over the top hatred of Notre Dame is cultural residual of that era. Some of the reason they still have a large fan base nationally is due to the tribalization sparked by that period. I kinda get why Notre Dame draws such strong reaction; they are a window into an America we don’t want to see, and would prefer to pretend never existed.

Notre Dame faced a lot of anti-Catholic bigotry in the earlier days of college football. I suspect some of the over the top hatred of Notre Dame is cultural residual of that era. Some of the reason they still have a large fan base nationally is due to the tribalization sparked by that period. I kinda get why Notre Dame draws such strong reaction; they are a window into an America we don’t want to see, and would prefer to pretend never existed.
Or it could be jealousy because their good in everything and have an entitled, holier than thou way that permeates the school and their fan base.

Meh. My hatred of Notre Dame has nothing to do with Catholicism or national heritage, and everything to do with the fact that they will finish this season 7-5 but be ranked #9 in next year's preseason poll.

Douchey fan base was my general experience as well. It sucks having to listen to them and I was sitting there just wishing we got them earlier in the year before we had so MANY injuries/banged up etc.

Regardless on the way out saw the most arrogant pompous entitled younger fan walking by me in the back aisle repeatedly running his hand across his throat in a slitting his throat gestures. Immediately got up in his face getting closer to blows than I have in 20 years saying congrats for the win but you don’t have to be a classless dbag and win with class, win with class you fing dbag.

It was quite ugly, went on for a while and scared some people around us but don’t care how old I am, was more a sociological statement than a sports thing. This is the average ND fan in my experience. Worst fan base I’ve ever come across and indicative of too many ND fans I’ve come across in my time.

So much historical hype over the years has created this bs myth. They have the ugliest campus what looks like commuter campus I’ve EVER personally seen in this country, their stadium is meh, and they’ve stole two heismans from syracuse, fluck them, their university, their entitled fans.

Last edited:
I grew up an Irish Catholic who watched Notre Dame games every weekend when I was a little boy with my Irish Catholic grandfather. It was usually the only game on TV. It was my grandfather's dream to see ND play live but I never got the chance to get him to a game. He was too sick in 2003 to go to the Walter Reyes game. Probably better for him that he wasn't at that game. I am an SU alum and season ticket holder. I rooted for SU yesterday but I will root for ND and SU every other week of the season. I get that some ND fans can be pompous douchebags much like Duke basketball fans. But my 16 year old daughter was sworn at, flipped off and was generally scared by several SU fans at the OCC women's game yesterday when she mistakenly wore an ND sweater to the game. My daughter doesn't even like football. I and many other SU fans were pretty pompous at the UConn football game in September and we can be very pompous when we fill opposing basketball arenas and we are winning.