New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed] | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed]

Yup, I actually think that’s very possible.

I legitimately think we can have a starting line up of:

Pg-Mintz
SG-Starling
SF/3rd guard-Moore
PF-Benny
C-Edwards

From what I have been hearing this is definitely not impossible…that might be one of the most talented starting line ups we’ve had 1 through 5 since maybe 2011/2012??? If Red can coach a lick that’s a title contender starting line up.
Small. Not sure about rebounding or interior D. Have not seen Moore or Starling play, so might not be an issue.

If Justin Moore goes into the portal and picks Cuse when UNC fans seem to think he's going there...it would be oh so delicious.
I don’t get UNC. They have a gajillion guards and wings, including highly rated freshmen that will be coming in and expecting to start or get significant playing time.

Yup, I actually think that’s very possible.

I legitimately think we can have a starting line up of:

Pg-Mintz
SG-Starling
SF/3rd guard-Moore
PF-Benny
C-Edwards

From what I have been hearing this is definitely not impossible…that might be one of the most talented starting line ups we’ve had 1 through 5 since maybe 2011/2012??? If Red can coach a lick that’s a title contender starting line up.
A critical piece of this possible '5' is how much it allows Benny to maximize his potential by surrounding him with as much talent as possible.

Benny can continue rediscover his game as he did at the end of the season and play into his strengths, instead of forcing himself to try and be a "guy" right away. Here, you've got a starting 5 with a very, very high ceiling.

Time to let the pieces fall as they may!

The idea that a Justin Moore commit factored into this at all is absurd. Have to believe that was not a consideration in the decision whatsoever.

The idea that a Justin Moore commit factored into this at all is absurd. Have to believe that was not a consideration in the decision whatsoever.

Not saying it will or will not happen with Moore but why is it absurd? Asst coaches get hired all the time because of the people they can bring in? Just because it never happened here before doesn't mean it isn't common practice.

The Straughn leak + Moore hint at the same time is not by chance. Timing on these things is rarely coincidental.
What I'm saying is that I hope a chance to secure Moore did not influence this hire at all. That would be very silly. He's a good player, not LeBron James

C'mon. This guy has a lot more ties than mooore.
I'm not saying he doesn't. I'm not saying he's a bad hire. I'm saying that the Moore connection seems to be overstressed as a component of the hire. At least I hope.

What I'm saying is that I hope a chance to secure Moore did not influence this hire at all. That would be very silly. He's a good player, not LeBron James
I dont think anyone here believes that's the reason for this hire. If he brings Moore that's just icing on the cake. He checks all the boxes without bringing Moore and no one knows if that's even going to happen.

I'm not saying he doesn't. I'm not saying he's a bad hire. I'm saying that the Moore connection seems to be overstressed as a component of the hire. At least I hope.
I don't know who is overstressing it? I think it's just an exciting possibility. And an immediate one that could turn our roster from a promising one to a "win now" one.

You are mixing up a symptom for a disease.

Straughn wasn't hired because he has a connect to Moore.

He was hired because his abilities and relationships create a good recruiter, including having a relationship with Moore.

I just bought a 247 membership so I can watch other fanbases cry
Cartman.gif

So don't want to derail but Cole Swider... is always the first to comment and celebrate any Cuse news. Dude is 90 pct orange these days. I hope when is pro career his over he is on the cuse bench coaching someday.
Cole has been one of my favorite guys on but more importantly off the court we've had, so glad to see his success in the pros. Hopefully he gets a little more run with the Lakers as the season winds down.

You are mixing up a symptom for a disease.

Straughn wasn't hired because he has a connect to Moore.

He was hired because his abilities and relationships create a good recruiter, including having a relationship with Moore.
I'm not mixing up anything. There was some discussion that UNC fans said we hired him just for Moore. My first post indicated I trusted this WAS NOT the case, and didn't factor into the decision at all, because that would be ridiculous. Now everyone please stop @ing me, Jesus Christ this board is the worst sometimes

I'm not mixing up anything. There was some discussion that UNC fans said we hired him just for Moore. My first post indicated I trusted this WAS NOT the case, and didn't factor into the decision at all, because that would be ridiculous. Now everyone please stop @ing me, Jesus Christ this board is the worst sometimes
You listen to UNC fans?

saul goodman GIF

Such positive news for Red in his first month. I don't know who will choose to play for Autry, but feel our recruiting has improved significantly in a short period of time. The coaches are active with a lot of energy. This targeted hire surely looks good, geographically and personally. Coach Autry needed a good start and got it. Kudos...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom