New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed] | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed]

Seems to be a very good hire, which is the most important thing; but if everything else was equal, I'd have preferred a 6'8" guy. Hopefully, our smurfs can recruit some quality bigs now that we are a MTM team.

Young 6-8 hoopers his age are mostly still playing pro ball somewhere. Being taller doesn't make someone a good position coach.

Brenden Straughn joined the GW men's basketball staff in Apr

Brenden Straughn

Straughn, a native of New Carrollton, Md., spent the last three seasons as an assistant for Billy Lange at Saint Joseph's. He was primarily responsible for the team's offensive philosophy, profile and concepts, as well as serving as the Hawks' Recruiting Coordinator. In that role, he was tasked with roster structuring and recruiting oversight.

Straughn also was engaged in on-court player development, opponent scouting and the creation of resources for the program's education on mental health and wellness.

Prior to St. Joe's, Straughn spent 2018-19 as an assistant at Loyola Maryland after a decorated career in the DMV's AAU and high school circles. Most notably, Straughn was an assistant coach for Team Takeover from 2013-18, including three years as associate head coach. In 2017, he guided Team Takeover to the Jordan Brand 8 Invitational title and the Peach Jam title in 2018. Straughn coached over 70 future Division I players for Team Takeover, including five McDonald's All Americans. He was responsible for the on-court coaching and player development efforts for the program while assisting with recruiting and player evaluation.

Straughn was also an assistant at his alma mater, Eleanor Roosevelt High School, from 2013-16, accumulating a 123-25 record with two Maryland 4A State Championships and three Prince George's County titles.

Straughn graduated from Hood College in 2012, where he was a four-year starter and three-time team captain for the Blazers. At the time of his graduation, he ranked among the program's all-time top 10 in scoring and was second in assists and steals.

Welcome to your new Orange family. Don't take anything said here personally every board member here is a little crazy. It has to do with 6 month long Winters.

While we wait to hear if an oft-mentioned transfer will be coming too, is there another Guard option out there? Xavier Johnson, former Pitt guard and recent Indiana PG provided 5(!) fireflames emojis on the Straughn hire instagram post. He played for Coach Straughn with TTO and could potentially have a 6th year - he is applying for the 6th year waiver due to his injury in December.

While we wait to hear if an oft-mentioned transfer will be coming too, is there another Guard option out there? Xavier Johnson, former Pitt guard and recent Indiana PG provided 5(!) fireflames emojis on the Straughn hire instagram post. He played for Coach Straughn with TTO and could potentially have a 6th year - he is applying for the 6th year waiver due to his injury in December.

Who had Joe Girard to Pitt and Xavier Johnson to Cuse by 2023 on their predictions?!

Meh. I've never been very impressed with him. I think he stays at Indiana anyway.

Comical reading the comments. About 5-6 schools that are adamant the rumors about them.
Yea...honestly wouldn't suprise me one bit if both guys stay put and it's all been a crock of chit! Been a decent amount of chatter about moore but it's really only been coming from one twitter account that I've seen. (Dojo was spot on with the straughn hire though so who knows?)

Wait until our new coach walks out for the first time in the dome to 34k fans. He will be like "I am going to lock down so many recruits with this place rockin...my lord!"
I am as excited as the next guy, but as a long-time season ticket holder, I can tell that is not going to happen.

I am as excited as the next guy, but as a long-time season ticket holder, I can tell that is not going to happen.
9DA92801-50C2-4370-8835-0751E53B3F3A.gif

Anyone else want a different coach other than Red right now? Guy is knocking it all out of the park… I want everyone who doubted this to now just support. Lotta doubters early on… let’s rally together and support.. This is the most exciting flip of the page possible

Anyone else want a different coach other than Red right now? Guy is knocking it all out of the park… I want everyone who doubted this to now just support. Lotta doubters early on… let’s rally together and support.. This is the most exciting flip of the page possible

I have a feeling by mid season there will be a whole Lotta walls needing replacing in all of our homes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom