New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed] | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed]

I was told a name that hasn't been mentioned on here and is a little surprising. Not a forward or a big. Hope judah and Q stay.
So a PG or CG. Wouldn’t be all that surprising. If it’s a TTO kid, there’s still more that haven’t been mentioned. Perhaps Dug McDaniel at Michigan or Jahmir Young once UMD loses Saturday.

A guard would kill my vibe today. We need Judah and Q.
Hes good and from a great basketball school but idk if I can see it happening. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I think we need to make the hiring of straughn official before we all get too excited.

So a PG or CG. Wouldn’t be all that surprising. If it’s a TTO kid, there’s still more that haven’t been mentioned. Perhaps Dug McDaniel at Michigan or Jahmir Young once UMD loses Saturday.
None of those names. I'd be shocked honestly if it's legit but who knows. All speculation at this point and we haven't even officially hired Straughn but still exciting. I would think this kid would go pro but I guess we'll see. Could be total bs...but at least it's exciting around here again!

None of those names. I'd be shocked honestly if it's legit but who knows. All speculation at this point and we haven't even officially hired Straughn but still exciting. I would think this kid would go pro but I guess we'll see. Could be total bs...but at least it's exciting around here again!
Hmmm is it a Team Takeover kid?

Justin Moore from Nova? I think he was a TTO kid and Kyle Neptune isn’t a good coach lol.

Justin Moore from Nova? I think he was a TTO kid and Kyle Neptune isn’t a good coach lol.
What makes Neptune not a good coach?

Went 16-16 at Fordham, inherited a loaded Nova team that extremely underperformed, 0 recruits for 2023, etc.
I don’t care about the Fordham part but Nova was fighting injuries all year. Moore and Whitmore missed a bunch of games. They looked pretty good the past month.

If we suck again next year and miss the tourney, is AA a bad coach?

He’s not going to be Jay Wright but I bet they are pretty good going forward.

I don’t care about the Fordham part but Nova was fighting injuries all year. Moore and Whitmore missed a bunch of games. They looked pretty good the past month.

If we suck again next year and miss the tourney, is AA a bad coach?

He’s not going to be Jay Wright but I bet they are pretty good going forward.
He went mediocre with Jay Wright's players (with losses to Temple and Portland) and had prior head coaching experience. They currently have 0 recruiting buzz and just wait until all of Jay Wright's players leave...

AA has never been a head coach before but at least there's recruiting buzz this early on.

So am I reading this is a two horse race here for the final coach or is Straughn the guy?
Wonder if we’ll hire 2 additional coaches, now that we can. An old dude that doesn’t want to recruit would be ideal, alongside someone young looking to move up (Devo type).

I would argue it’s a little bit different. Only because they are already in the college ranks and getting mentored. You get that college experience. At the end of the day I just want to get better players. He helps us do that I have no issues.
I agree it’s a bit different, just not sure that it is a necessary step.

Wonder if we’ll hire 2 additional coaches, now that we can. An old dude that doesn’t want to recruit would be ideal, alongside someone young looking to move up (Devo type).

The Office Smile GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom