Class of 2019 - JJ Levandowski (MA / IMG) Mid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JJ Levandowski (MA / IMG) Mid

Barring a graduate transfer attackmen or one of the frosh really exploding next fall (or one of the returners like Berkman) I think one of Curry, Dordevic or Lewandowski will be moved to attack. There just isn't enough PT to go around at the midfield with Trimbo, Lipka Dordevic Curry Buttermore Magnan Quinn Fiorini the Kim Twins, Lewandowski etc. Cook will certainly be moved back where he belongs to attack as well.

Absolutely. It is both a great thing and a problem that we have all of this legitimate talent. I worry about guys like the kim twins and fiorini feel like the writing is on the wall for their next year already, despite their clear potential. I have made some anti-curry attack comments in the past but in the end his speed dodge is effective no matter where he is on the field and if he puts a focused effort on his finesse around the cage then he may be the answer. But then how does that make Berkman and Seebold feel? Overall this is a good problem to have but a problem none the less.

Absolutely. It is both a great thing and a problem that we have all of this legitimate talent. I worry about guys like the kim twins and fiorini feel like the writing is on the wall for their next year already, despite their clear potential. I have made some anti-curry attack comments in the past but in the end his speed dodge is effective no matter where he is on the field and if he puts a focused effort on his finesse around the cage then he may be the answer. But then how does that make Berkman and Seebold feel? Overall this is a good problem to have but a problem none the less.
Also curious how the Nelson kid fits in? Didn't he transfer from Mercer? I thought remembered reading a few good notes on him in this blog earlier in the year.

Also curious how the Nelson kid fits in? Didn't he transfer from Mercer? I thought remembered reading a few good notes on him in this blog earlier in the year.
He is behind Cook and Seebold it seems.

Syracuse used to have a surplus of attackmen and play them as midfielders their first couple years. Guys like Matt Cutia, Ryan Powell, Josh Coffman started out as midfielders and moved to attack as either sophomores or Juniors. They were natural attackmen. Levandowski has never really struck me as a natural attackman, but I really haven't seen much of him.

It certainly isn't optimal and its usually easier to do the reverse as you noted but at this point I don't think we really have a choice. Attack despite Voigt and Solomon's very productive years is still to me the clearest weak point on the team. Team doesn't have an elite dodger or attackmen in general right now and I am not sure there is one on the roster. Curry and Dordevic have both played attack previously and to me it makes more sense to move one of them then Levandowski but perhaps his skill set will translate more. Its a tough call but one that I think will likely have to be made unless one of the incoming guys comes in on fire from the word go or we get a huge transfer.

Almost forgot about him! He is another player with legit potential fighting for minutes.

He is behind Cook and Seebold it seems.

It seems he's pretty far down the pecking order at this point. Maybe he can push for sometime next year but it seems unlikely.

I had high hopes for Berkman but it appears SU blew his RS late in the year in garbage time which is a bit concerning as most thought he was RS. Doesn't mean he can't or won't make a huge impact next year as the same thing happened with Buttermore but I thought he was RS to get used to the speed and physicality of D1 coming in from FL. He is certainly one to keep an eye on for next year as his states in HS were ridiculous. The other problem is that he is more of a QB type attackmen I believe which SU already has in Rehfuss and I believe Wood is a similar player, SU desperately needs a scoring attackmen.

As for Seedbold, I just haven't seen anything in his limited PT that screams big role next year. He did have a nice goal against Navy in garbage time but beyond that he's struggled to make any sort of impact in what I admit is limited PT at least in the regular season. He's going to be a Jr next year, I would think there is a better chance of him transferring then seeing major minutes next year especially when Rehfuss and Cook look locked in for the first two starting spots.

Curry's a very unique player, he's had games of brilliance and then stretches where he is pretty much MIA which is what we have had form him the last month or so of this season. His shot accuracy appears to have abandoned him a bit and he is often to unselfish. I wonder if putting him in an attack position with him being closer to the cage and getting more touches might help.

Two years ago I thought this kid could be the best recruit we have seen in some time. When he transferred to IMG the level of play initially seemed to challenge him last year. I think the best thing for him was this move so he’s already facing top level talent before he gets to Cuse. Someone said he plays like Curry that’s exactly what I saw on tape when he was the #2 ranked sophomore. He has blazing speed and a good shot. I think he won’t see much of the field his first year due to the depth but he’s one to watch for like a Salcido type junior, senior year.

Two years ago I thought this kid could be the best recruit we have seen in some time. When he transferred to IMG the level of play initially seemed to challenge him last year. I think the best thing for him was this move so he’s already facing top level talent before he gets to Cuse. Someone said he plays like Curry that’s exactly what I saw on tape when he was the #2 ranked sophomore. He has blazing speed and a good shot. I think he won’t see much of the field his first year due to the depth but he’s one to watch for like a Salcido type junior, senior year.

I tend to disagree with the notion that he was challenged initially at IMG, from what I’ve seen is that he was their number 2 mid last year behind Chase Scalan and looks to be their best player this year. I think the main reason for his drop in rankings is because of Ty Xanders' move to IL and the fact that he stopped playing in club tournaments over the summer with his club team where the Ty Xander’s of the world make their evaluations.

I do think he may struggle to see the field in his first year with so much depth at the midfield. I know this is said every year, but having two solid lines of mids looks very possible and is very good to have. This will definitely be the case if Curry, Trimboli, Dornavek, and Buttermore all stick to midfield next year.

I could easily see him making a transition to attack.
I think his body type is good for attack. Kind of a mix between Rob Pannell and older Kevin Rice. His game, on the other hand, doesn't look like an attackman at all to me.

I think his body type is good for attack. Kind of a mix between Rob Pannell and older Kevin Rice. His game, on the other hand, doesn't look like an attackman at all to me.

He's definitely going to need a year to adjust whether its middie or attack. I have heard about some concerns with his attitude but that was pre IMG so I am hopeful that has worked itself out. I fully expect Dordevic to be moved to attack this fall.

Have to agree with you based on the highlights, although it's unfortunate given our current situation. He is clearly an athlete with some serious strength for his size. His shots are really moving in this video and he has a good split dodge and shot on the run. There could be another side to his game that it doesn't show and he has to be thinking "I have to show them I can play attack if I want some serious playing time this year." In fact everyone from Lucas Quinn to the Kim twins has to be thinking that.

Have to agree with you based on the highlights, although it's unfortunate given our current situation. He is clearly an athlete with some serious strength for his size. His shots are really moving in this video and he has a good split dodge and shot on the run. There could be another side to his game that it doesn't show and he has to be thinking "I have to show them I can play attack if I want some serious playing time this year." In fact everyone from Lucas Quinn to the Kim twins has to be thinking that.

Shot mostly right handed but on one of his goals did rip it lefty so he can shoot with both hands which would be a plus. Reminded me a little bit of Salcido with the start and stop and change of direction moves he likes. Not much in the way of inverting but he clearly wasn't afraid to dodge. Ripped a few from distance which was nice to see as well. As Ohmi noted his game doesn't scream attack but I think he's probably our best bet if were going to move one of the frosh. Rosa and Papa are in no way candidates to be moved to attack and outside of Dordevic I am not sure any current middie on the roster screams attackmen either. Getting Cook back at attack where he belongs will help a lot. The brown flip will be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Doesn't look like he's the same sort of passer, but I was thinking of Salcido when watching the video as well. Maybe it's mostly the size? Not a good enough prognosticator of future talent but curious why people say he couldn't step in right away? Mostly due to the log jam?

Curious to see which of the IMG guys makes the biggest impact. Lewandowski and Donnely are certainly leading the clubhouse. Does anyone know where to find stats for IMG players?

I had high hopes for Berkman but it appears SU blew his RS late in the year in garbage time which is a bit concerning as most thought he was RS. Doesn't mean he can't or won't make a huge impact next year as the same thing happened with Buttermore but I thought he was RS to get used to the speed and physicality of D1 coming in from FL. He is certainly one to keep an eye on for next year as his states in HS were ridiculous. The other problem is that he is more of a QB type attackmen I believe which SU already has in Rehfuss and I believe Wood is a similar player, SU desperately needs a scoring attackmen.

As for Seedbold, I just haven't seen anything in his limited PT that screams big role next year. He did have a nice goal against Navy in garbage time but beyond that he's struggled to make any sort of impact in what I admit is limited PT at least in the regular season. He's going to be a Jr next year, I would think there is a better chance of him transferring then seeing major minutes next year especially when Rehfuss and Cook look locked in for the first two starting spots.
JC, think Berkma

JC, Believe game listing was incorrect and Berkamn did r/s, he's aggressive,. Seebold pressed but package there, gets long look in fall. Aburn good complementary player , Hill slight like Nelson but sick hands. Plenty of attack candidates but Dordevic ability to break down may be used there. UVA did it with Moore and they didn't have the depth of mids that Cuse has.

JJ’s current game doesn’t translate to attack. He’s still a head down dodger. I still think one of the current first line middies has to move down. Curry makes the most sense as he has the best vision (14 assists to lead the middies ) the wild card for me is Lipka I think he could be an inside finisher. Dordevic and Trimbo make zero sense IMO. Whoever the staff believes can make the transition needs to know now so they can prep for it. Not day one of the fall.

Shame. Told he was the most impressive frosh. Smaller but extremely quick. Be 3rd out in 19 class

Hmmm less then optimal. Interesting though that a guy I know whose very clued into the HS lacrosse scene told me over a year ago that a person he spoke with about JJ told him he would never play at SU. Said he had a style and additude that simply wouldn't work at SU.

Shame. Told he was the most impressive frosh. Smaller but extremely quick. Be 3rd out in 19 class

Agreed, disappointing to say the least. Any word or thoughts on the reasons for transferring?

Disappointing for sure. Don’t think he would have seen much, if any time this year and next year would have been difficult for him as well. That’s a long time to wait for an opportunity. Still don’t like the fact that three guys have left after fall ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jungleman46

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom