Class of 2022 - New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack

There were some questions a few weeks back about Spallina’s knee, but looks like he was back in action for for the Mt Sinai football team tonight.

This one was long over due. How dare he do McCabe before Joey? Anyway, can’t wait for tomorrow :)

I don’t love the look of that knee brace, but I think I’ve seen some footage of him without it. Hope he doesn’t need it by lacrosse season.

Brett’s on board

Attachments

• 80749D8E-6C98-477C-BA15-2BB117EDF034.jpeg
    80749D8E-6C98-477C-BA15-2BB117EDF034.jpeg
    829.5 KB · Views: 92
Well that is certainly an interesting development! A very unique opportunity. I don't know who runs Gait Lacrosse, but obviously Gary is very much involved, have to imagine he was behind this. Curious if SU moves to Gait lacrosse and away from STX in the future. Great for Spallina, I wonder if other recruits will be asking for the same thing?

Thorough College Crosse investigation incoming! But in all seriousness it does raise some eyebrows. How does STX feel about this? It doesn’t matter that Gary is involved with the company? Feels like we are flirting with some kind of line but I’m sure all involved know what they’re doing.

Well that is certainly an interesting development! A very unique opportunity. I don't know who runs Gait Lacrosse, but obviously Gary is very much involved, have to imagine he was behind this. Curious if SU moves to Gait lacrosse and away from STX in the future. Great for Spallina, I wonder if other recruits will be asking for the same thing?

Paul. My understanding is he just built a new showroom outside of Albany where he lives. I think the company's bread and butter remains Box and the women's game.

I'm assuming Gary Gait has to be fully divested from the brand otherwise they wouldn't have allowed this. Otherwise that'd basically be like a coach paying his player. I'm 100% supportive of NIL but a kid should not be paid by a company that his coach has a financial interest in.

this stinks. Unwise for both coach and player. As Sotomayor so succinctly put it, can SU survive the stench? Can Gait? the kid can make as much money as he pleases. Very poor judgement on the part of SU, Gait, and where's the kid's father in all this. Maybe it's within the rules. So what! Not a good way to begin Spallina's career. Where are the adults?

I'm assuming Gary Gait has to be fully divested from the brand otherwise they wouldn't have allowed this. Otherwise that'd basically be like a coach paying his player. I'm 100% supportive of NIL but a kid should not be paid by a company that his coach has a financial interest in.
he had partnered with paul & co. in 2019. you'd have to think they've severed that, but maybe more will come out on it.