Class of 2022 - New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack

Joey replied to Casey with orange emoji's. Guess that shut's down that s#*% stirrer on FL saying he "heard" Spallina was already talking to Maryland for the #1 jersey haha.

Joey replied to Casey with orange emoji's. Guess that shut's down that s#*% stirrer on FL saying he "heard" Spallina was already talking to Maryland for the #1 jersey haha.

That guy was messing around, Spallina already signed his LOi

92E1FB74-3DB7-44E0-BAC3-19B1E0CE28CB.jpeg

In the end my main reason for faith that he lives up to the hype (at least most of it) is his feeding ability. It's funny that Brennan ONeill seems like the most humble soft spoken nice person in the handful of times I have heard him speak, but he does not seem like a natural feeder and often comes off as selfish in his choices on the field.

Meanwhile Spallina is about as loud proud and in your face with his attitude as anyone, but when you see his game footage he is always an extremely unselfish feeder/qb attack. Granted something quite flashy might happen when he does decide to go to the goal, but feeding is a massive part of his game. I'm hoping he comes right in and it feels like Rehfuss has returned.

In the end my main reason for faith that he lives up to the hype (at least most of it) is his feeding ability. It's funny that Brennan ONeill seems like the most humble soft spoken nice person in the handful of times I have heard him speak, but he does not seem like a natural feeder and often comes off as selfish in his choices on the field.

Meanwhile Spallina is about as loud proud and in your face with his attitude as anyone, but when you see his game footage he is always an extremely unselfish feeder/qb attack. Granted something quite flashy might happen when he does decide to go to the goal, but feeding is a massive part of his game. I'm hoping he comes right in and it feels like Rehfuss has returned.
Kevin Rice is what we need.

13 assists in one game is no joke. Obviously O'Neil has the advantage over Joey when it comes to physical traits, but Spallina might be more well rounded in terms of overall skill. O'Neil right now reminds me a bit of Tehoka in his sophomore season when he got so much attention of the defense and wasn't able to find open teammates. Sometimes being so dominate physically can be a hindrance to the rest of your game.

It sounds like Spallina is a tireless worker who really studies the game, and obviously benefits from being a coaches son. I don't think he'll be able to get away with some of the stuff he does in high school (mostly when he backdowns an opponent), but I don't think his game relies on any one thing. I found it really interesting that when he was a ninth grader on Team 91 he was an offball finisher since the team already had McAdory and O'Neil and a bunch of other blue chip recruits.

It's obviously very early in the season and the competition hasn't been the stiffest, but it seems like the team is running a motion based offense with lots of passing and lots of moving. They scored 28 goals last week and no one had more than 8 shots. Mitch Bartolo from Rutgers had 18(!) in one game recently. I don't get the sense that they will be relying on one player to "run" the offense. Other posters pointed this out but the offense really did look perfect for Owen Hiltz. I'm curious to see how Spallina integrates into the flow of things. Like Dochtah pointed out, his passing should make him a huge asset and I think his passing and shooting will really benefit Hiltz. We shall see.

Joey Spallina, Mount Sinai (N.Y.), A, Sr.

His legend only grew greater when he scored the winning goal — his sixth of the game — in the waning seconds to lead Mount Sinai to an epic Long Island championship win over Manhasset. The Syracuse signee led Long Island with 122 points.

7-1 Sinai at half. Sageder has amazing handle and awareness. Jake Spallina is struggling at X but he's a junk yard dog and sticks with the play without drawing a penalty consitently. And Joey well... He's just a college player in a HS jersey lol.

5 goals for Spallina, just dusted his defender
Is their brother playing D this game or is he injured, how’s Sageder looking, Ik it’s mentioned up too but wondering…0