Class of 2023 - New Commit: Trey Deere (PQ / CT: Salisbury) Attack | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New Commit: Trey Deere (PQ / CT: Salisbury) Attack

I am not a lacrosse guy like some of you, but I hear the discussion about Deere lacking "elite footspeed". That may be true, but he has elite stick work, right? I can't wait to see these guys all on the field together next year.

There are almost no "elite" burners any more. The top dodgers are a mix of elite balance, eyes, and hands (Lyle, Gray, Nichtern, Rambo all have elite mental toughness too). Deere has that. (So does Spallina and Hiltz - hopefully Thomson does as well). These guys will eventually be a massive upgrade over what we've recently had (except Rehfuss, who Gait really likes). I wouldnt look down my nose at an ankle breaker, but I don't think the offense will bog down without one.

There are almost no "elite" burners any more. The top dodgers are a mix of elite balance, eyes, and hands (Lyle, Gray, Nichtern, Rambo all have elite mental toughness too). Deere has that. (So does Spallina and Hiltz - hopefully Thomson does as well). These guys will eventually be a massive upgrade over what we've recently had (except Rehfuss, who Gait really likes). I wouldnt look down my nose at an ankle breaker, but I don't think the offense will bog down without one.
Agree on a lot of this. Especially the balance part. It’s an overlooked part of elite athleticism. Lionel Messi has great balance.

Let’s also remember that Deere played ssdm for the Iroquois u-21 this summer and did very well. He plays with an edge too.

Hopefully, he doesn't miss too many games due to fighting.

Hopefully, he doesn't miss too many games due to fighting.
The Canadian Box game is just different. Glove dropping fights are pretty common. Most of the time, the 2 players agree to square up just to pump up their teams & the crowd. The majority of fights end with them shaking hands. I’ve never been a fan of it & think it should be banned in all levels, youth to pros, in both Lax & hockey. Neither Deere nor the other player were thrown out of the game for this, let alone served suspensions. It’s a 5 minute penalty.

Box players know this isn’t condoned in the field game. You should recall when former Terp Kevin Cooper got suspended for this back in 2011.

Last edited:
The Canadian Box game is just different. Glove dropping fights are pretty common. Most of the time, the 2 players agree to square up just to pump up their teams & the crowd. The majority of fights end with them shaking hands. I’ve never been a fan of it & think it should be banned in all levels, youth to pros, in both Lax & hockey. Neither Deere nor the other player were thrown out of the game for this, let alone served suspensions. It’s a 5 minute penalty.

Box players know this isn’t condoned in the field game, as you should recall when former Terp Kevin Cooper got suspended for this back in 2011.

But it did seem sort of peculiar that they added a fight scene at the end of a highlight video.

I believe Cooper did get suspended for a game, even though he was just hitting a Tar Heel.

Said before and I’ll say it again.. These box players are crazy.. lmao
Love it. Seriously. Gait is building a team with more moxie and swagger. You need fighters.

Although, I wish my kid didn’t have to face him this coming season…

Love it. Seriously. Gait is building a team with more moxie and swagger. You need fighters.

Although, I wish my kid didn’t have to face him this coming season…
Been there, Dude. Been there!

378E4D6C-38C0-4D64-9B9A-C7FEEAC9A2B9.jpeg

Does Deere take Alex Simmons spot?

Deere is strictly an attackmen, unlikely he would take his spot. If he were to start as a frosh he would take Kirst spot. Lot's of potential lineups for next years attack unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom