New DC: Rocky Long (now official) | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Rocky Long (now official)

I worked at Rusty Staub’s restaurant on 5th Ave in the 90’s. He was a big dude
He separated his shoulder on the second catch banging into the wall and played in the WS with a hurt shoulder. When the CF was close enough, he would toss the ball to the CF to throw to the infield. A couple of times he would just whip it into the infield underhanded like a softball pitch. A gamer and clutch RBI man for every team he played, Colt 45s, Expos, Mets, Rangers, Tigers.

Come to think of it, doesn't Rocky Long deserve an introductory press conference? Did I miss it?

Has his hire not been finalized?

Come to think of it, doesn't Rocky Long deserve an introductory press conference? Did I miss it?

Has his hire not been finalized?
I may be wrong, but I don’t remember any coordinators having an introductory press conference, setup by the University, ever. Head Coaches sure, but not coordinators.

What's the love affair with Monroe being a DCoordinator here ?
Babers worked with Monroe for 9 years. When push comes to shove and his contract year is on the line, he chooses Rocky Long.

I'm pretty excited about Ricky Long on this staff. He's been the type of coach needed to win at Syracuse: is a tactician of the game, develops lower recruits, wins the games he's supposed to win and has upset teams they're supposed to lose to. Also develops coaches.

I wonder what would have happened if Rocky Long was hired as Syracuse HC in 2005 instead of Greg Robinson.

I also have to believe it was Long's 425 defense vs Minn. based on how the second half of the season went.

As for any assistant hiring on defense, if Dino is smart, he'll let Long do the hire.

I'm pretty excited about Ricky Long on this staff. He's been the type of coach needed to win at Syracuse: is a tactician of the game, develops lower recruits, wins the games he's supposed to win and has upset teams they're supposed to lose to. Also develops coaches.

I wonder what would have happened if Rocky Long was hired as Syracuse HC in 2005 instead of Greg Robinson.

I also have to believe it was Long's 425 defense vs Minn. based on how the second half of the season went.

As for any assistant hiring on defense, if Dino is smart, he'll let Long do the hire.

Does anyone really know who's adjustment that was, Rocky's or Nicks?

I did not realize that Rocky Long is known as a wizard defending the option. Guys on the Cover 3 podcast we’re just saying they need to set a reminder to get Cuse against Army this season.

Nice timing with them being on our schedule for as long as he’s here.

I did not realize that Rocky Long is known as a wizard defending the option. Guys on the Cover 3 podcast we’re just saying they need to set a reminder to get Cuse against Army this season.

Against Army you play assignment defense...works it killed the wishbone by forcing more passing. Got to stop the dive.

Against Army you play assignment defense...works it killed the wishbone by forcing more passing. Got to stop the dive.
That’s the truth. U keep dive under 2 yds carry and ur onto something. Just hate the way they cut people but that’s football.

There's a lot of indications that Army is going to throw more out of the triple options this season. Glad we don't have them first game.

Any improvement over 2013 vs the option has to be a positive

That 56-0 game vs GaTech was hideous

Lost Jones Duce and GW but I have a feeling the defense is gonna be better. Just my thoughts as I watch Rocky Long’s presentation at the Turning-stone clinic. He is using clips of Cuse games. Indirectly pointing out things that need to be cleaned up. I got the feeling he thought White left some meat on the bone. His knowledge and confidence with the scheme is apparent. Looking forward to seeing how this unit performs under him.

Lost Jones Duce and GW but I have a feeling the defense is gonna be better. Just my thoughts as I watch Rocky Long’s presentation at the Turning-stone clinic. He is using clips of Cuse games. Indirectly pointing out things that need to be cleaned up. I got the feeling he thought White left some meat on the bone. His knowledge and confidence with the scheme is apparent. Looking forward to seeing how this unit performs under him.

This is why I'm excited for next year. We have the grand master on D. He's not just some guy that's been in the game for a long time so people hire him, even though he doesn't actually have a ton of success. Rocky has been nothing but successful overall. Is White a loss, sure, but we replaced him with the best possible coach available given our scheme and current personal. And it might just be a serious upgrade.

This is why I'm excited for next year. We have the grand master on D. He's not just some guy that's been in the game for a long time so people hire him, even though he doesn't actually have a ton of success. Rocky has been nothing but successful overall. Is White a loss, sure, but we replaced him with the best possible coach available given our scheme and current personal. And it might just be a serious upgrade.
Yessir

Hell yeahs

The dude is a brilliant defensive mind. I think the D will be better as well and I think him being a former head coach(a damn good one) can only help Dino with his in game weaknesses

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom