New DC: Rocky Long (now official) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Rocky Long (now official)

Well, the HC at New Mexico is Danny Gonzales. Danny is a former DC at SDSU, and Rocky is his mentor.

His record at NM is 2-5, then 3-9 and then 2-10. He is not expected to be the NM HC much longer. It is not a really stable place to be working right now.
Any chance that Rocky was consulted about Gonzales and we're expecting/waiting for the hammer to fall at NM?

Any chance that Rocky was consulted about Gonzales and we're expecting/waiting for the hammer to fall at NM?
I doubt it. Any school who was thinking of firing their HC and has not done it yet is not very smart.

The best candidates go quickly.

When you wait weeks or months after the regular season ends, you end up like Syracuse in January of 2005, and hire someone not qualified or appropriate for the position.

images

I doubt it. Any school who was thinking of firing their HC and has not done it yet is not very smart.

The best candidates go quickly.

When you wait weeks or months after the regular season ends, you end up like Syracuse in January of 2005, and hire someone not qualified or appropriate for the position.

images
I'm confused; did GRob have a pet beaver?

Another great offseason (at least started) like we had last year.

Great portal gets. Great holds (we were always going to lose some guys). We'll land a few more key guys.

Beck and Rocky as new OC and DC.

Great job by the program, inclusive of JW and Dino.

Very happy with the quick (and proper) responses to the departure of our OC and DC. Coach Babers and SUAD John Wildhack did a great job responding to this.

Nice to see us acting like a P5 school that really wants to win!

Very happy with the quick (and proper) responses to the departure of our OC and DC. Coach Babers and SUAD John Wildhack did a great job responding to this.

Nice to see us acting like a P5 school that really wants to win!

Maybe you could give a better POV than I could, assuming we keep progressing this off season, when was the last time we were looking at back to back successful offseasons for football like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom