New OC? | Syracusefan.com

New OC?

anomander

Living Legend
At this point how is it beneficial in taking your time to make an OC hire? We already lost out on arguably our most critical recruit, and now have several other offensive recruits on the fence. You have to assume all the candidates are on the table, and have been for over a week now. Wasn't it 5 or 6 days ago that Shafer was down to 2 candidates? I am at a loss for what the possible hold up is. And the latest OrangeFizz article with quotes from the offensive recruits doesn't make me feel any better. Any idea what the benefit of holding off on making a decision is?

It's possible the choice for OC is still involved in the NFL playoffs.

Relax it takes time to interview and then to negotiate.

Obviously, we want the best available candidate. I'd bet they get it done this week.

At this point how is it beneficial in taking your time to make an OC hire? We already lost out on arguably our most critical recruit, and now have several other offensive recruits on the fence. You have to assume all the candidates are on the table, and have been for over a week now. Wasn't it 5 or 6 days ago that Shafer was down to 2 candidates? I am at a loss for what the possible hold up is. And the latest OrangeFizz article with quotes from the offensive recruits doesn't make me feel any better. Any idea what the benefit of holding off on making a decision is?

who said he was down to 2?

i don't know i am probably wrong. read so much stuff at so many different places i forgot which ones have some fact, and which are rumors. had that one chalked up on the fact side.

and as far as taking time, marrone was doing 2 interviews a day. coaches are on your schedule, you tell them when they interview, not when they are available. it's not like this has been the smoothest coaching transition in history

who said he was down to 2?

actually it was john garcia jr said that it was Allen's understanding that SU was down to 2 OC choices, but couldn't wait once a decision wasn't made a few days later. who knows where Allen came up with that, but i'm guessing he didn't make it up.

actually it was john garcia jr said that it was Allen's understanding that SU was down to 2 OC choices, but couldn't wait once a decision wasn't made a few days later. who knows where Allen came up with that, but i'm guessing he didn't make it up.

He stated in an interview that Shafer was down to 2 OC candidates. The information came from Hackett and that he endorsed both possible candidates.

Past experience has told me that the name of the oc has probably not even been mentioned on this site, always seems like we are always surprised and people will most likely not like the candidate much like when marrone hired shafer and Hackett...

I can see the meltdown already...

he made it sound in the PC that there were lots of choices being vetted.

he made it sound in the PC that there were lots of choices being vetted.
Exactly they told Allen they were down to 2 choices. Those guys either passed or they lied again now they're back to square one.

Well the Seahawks just lost and they had an exciting offense plus we have a qb named Wilson coming so according to my Mannix skills at PI, the man we are looking for is currently on the Seattle staff.

it could have also been a simple statement like " we have a couple people we really like" doesn't mean only two are in the equation.

Exactly they told Allen they were down to 2 choices. Those guys either passed or they lied again now they're back to square one.

Looks like somebody needs a break... Geeze

Well it cant be both ways. You can't be down to 2 and be vetting alot of choices.

The down to 2 thing is literally third hand information.

Clearly has to be an NFL guy. Probably not an OC in the NFL but more of a position coach in the NFL. If it was an available college person they would already be hired.

I am just afraid it will be an NFL guy with no recruiting experience and we will have no experienced recruiters on the offensive side of the ball.

I lost track are we off the whole Hackett or Shafer coached with them before thing?

Just thinking outside the box in regards to current NFL coaches that may fit Shafer's offensive vision.

Just thinking outside the box in regards to current NFL coaches that may fit Shafer's offensive vision.
No, it's interesting. Honestly can't remember if the former co worker thing is still in play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom