New OC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New OC?

Or how about John Morton. Played at Western Michigan (early 90's) and was a Saints offensive assistant in 2006.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Morton_(American_football)

Even better. They probably know each other, and he's under Jim at SF.

Now, I'm not sure you can wait until after the NFL playoffs and they look like they will be around for a few more weeks.

Can he be hired and still see SF through the SB?

Now, I'm not sure you can wait until after the NFL playoffs and they look like they will be around for a few more weeks.

Others have done both at the same time. I think Morton would be a slam dunk. Similar resume to Bullough. Even though they aren't East Coast guys, both have great backrounds and contacts.

That would be a really exciting hire

Past experience has told me that the name of the oc has probably not even been mentioned on this site, always seems like we are always surprised and people will most likely not like the candidate much like when marrone hired shafer and Hackett...

I can see the meltdown already...

I thought Pariani would be good

I thought White would be good

I thought Hackett would be crap

I hereby declare I will no longer try to pre-judge anyone. I obviously don't know anything about college football except where the tailgate is and what I'm cooking. Shafer and whomever he hires has my full support until such a time they prove they no longer deserve it.

Is this because random twitterites are tweeting him?

Drew Stahl @dstahl64
Syracuse is gettin a hell of a coach. Really wishing they weren't, but best of luck to Coach Lester #stillshocked\

Looks like he was with Shaf at western michigan as QB's coach...

Yep was just going to add this as well.

xsewkp3uy7vsejnr5q4h_normal.jpeg
Anthony Beltrano (@Beltrano22)
1/14/13, 4:26 PM
Crazy how the Bills hiring Syracuse's head coach effected Elmhurst Football. #BCM

HC DIII Elmhusrt College to OC @ Syracuse would be a nice jump for a young guy like Lester, to be sure..

...and I am with Pyle... I am not going to rain on anybody's parade as past coaching hires i thought good have totally sucked and others I thought bad have turned out to be gems...

HC DIII Elmhusrt College to OC @ Syracuse would be a nice jump for a young guy like Lester, to be sure..

...and I am with Pyle... I am not going to rain on anybody's parade as past coaching hires i thought good have totally sucked and others I thought bad have turned out to be gems...
I like it - several arena league seasons of playing experience. Talk about a guy who has run through walls.

And a XFL alum!

Some nice young guys who should add enthusiasm and be pumped for the opportunity.

Well, Lester would help in the "head coaching experience" department.

Lester is an interesting choice for QB coach. Can probably groom him for the next OC tenure.

Lester is an interesting choice for QB coach. Can probably groom him for the next OC tenure.

Mr. Subliminal Says: "Prepare yourself for his announcement as OC..."

It's curious timing to me. Usually the OC is hired and then helps with the selection of other offensive coaches.

If Lester is being hired as the QB coach, I wouldn't be surprised if the OC is already in the fold but we have to wait for the announcement. What possible candidates are still playing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom