New OC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New OC?

It's curious timing to me. Usually the OC is hired and then helps with the selection of other offensive coaches.

If Lester is being hired as the QB coach, I wouldn't be surprised if the OC is already in the fold but we have to wait for the announcement. What possible candidates are still playing?

I thought the same OC has to be hired already.

QB coach under Cubit, and ran Cubit's offense at Elmhurst. There is a connection here.

please be qb coach only.

please be qb coach only.
Either way, he has light years more experience than Hack had when he was given the reins. Difference is, Hack had Marrone to game plan and help with play calling.

Wonder if either George Godsey, TE, NE or Karl Dorrell, QB, Houston are in play.

OC must be on the clock if Lester's named QB coach. I'd think OC is NFL, then.

OC must be on the clock if Lester's named QB coach. I'd think OC is NFL, then.

Which tells me if this guy is the QB coach, the OC will be an OL/OC type.

OT:
Buffalo Bills: Sources tell me Towson University defensive backs / special teams coordinator Brian Fleury has accepted the defensive assistant position with the Buffalo Bills.

Other OT: they also indicate that Jags is the new OC at GA State as they head to the SunBelt Conference.

I see that IL now lists Cubit as OC on their website.

as it's becoming apparent that the new OC will likely be an NFL guy, is anyone else concerned about the lack of current east coast recruiting ties? usually there are far more college guys with connections to the region on the staff. has it been confirmed that Anselmo is returning for another year, and hopefully Adkins? Other then that who do we have that has been in the NE/E recruiting recently? I personally wanted McDonald, as he is sign as a lights out recruiter. he's even an ex WMU guy

Nothing against Shafer. I like the hire. But when you sign up a guy with Midwest connections, you're going to get assistants with Midwest connections.

Marrone brought NFL/Northeast/Syracuse connections.

P brought Northeast/Connecticut connections.

I won't discuss the other guy.

Shafe better hold onto Anselmo. We're a little thin in the Northeast area now.

as it's becoming apparent that the new OC will likely be an NFL guy, is anyone else concerned about the lack of current east coast recruiting ties? usually there are far more college guys with connections to the region on the staff. has it been confirmed that Anselmo is returning for another year, and hopefully Adkins? Other then that who do we have that has been in the NE/E recruiting recently? I personally wanted McDonald, as he is sign as a lights out recruiter. he's even an ex WMU guy
I am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom