New OL Coach: Steve Farmer | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New OL Coach: Steve Farmer

Are the penalties on Schmidt, or on the head coach? SU has been highly penalized on both sides of the ball for Dino's tenure, except for maybe 1 year. I seem to recall MacPherson cleaned up penalties when he first got here, and they never were a problem during his time.
I would bet his group is the most penalized by a long shot.
If you want to blame Dino you can but I would think the person that spends the most time with the group should be able to clean up those issues.
Maybe the penalties had nothing with him leaving, just a guess on my end why they might have parted ways.

Is it a prerequisite that OL coaches have to look like BBQ pit masters? Not that it's a bad thing.
They're all shaped like Weebles:
Weebles.jpg

Are the penalties on Schmidt, or on the head coach? SU has been highly penalized on both sides of the ball for Dino's tenure, except for maybe 1 year. I seem to recall MacPherson cleaned up penalties when he first got here, and they never were a problem during his time.
Lot of calls on the O-line, Schmidt has to take some responsibility.

Lot of calls on the O-line, Schmidt has to take some responsibility.
Yup, OL penalties, especially ones from lack of discipline, are on the players themselves and the position coach. If the situation does not resolve then it’s on the HC to make a change.

I will try and id them all.

Left to right…

More (looks like a coach), Ellis, Joe Cruz (looks 35), Petry, Ilaoa, Bleich, Bradford, honorary OL Garrett Shrader, Wes Hoeh, Enrique Cruz, Austin and Coach Farmer.

How did I do?

I will try and id them all.

Left to right…

More (looks like a coach), Ellis, Joe Cruz (looks 35), Petry, Ilaoa, Bleich, Bradford, honorary OL Garrett Shrader, Wes Hoeh, Enrique Cruz, Austin and Coach Farmer.

How did I do?
More is a big dude. Looking forward to seeing our new oline additions helping our offense take it up a notch.

Getting good vibes for More at RT. Looks like he could give Ellis some competition in the buffet line.
I mean looking at the guy do you slide him in next to Reed? The guy looks like he could move a guy 320 backwards pretty regularly.

I mean looking at the guy do you slide him in next to Reed? The guy looks like he could move a guy 320 backwards pretty regularly.
I hope that is even at option. If Reed didn't make it to campus by now, Ruh-Roh... Is this the curse of Tyrone Sampson?

I hope that is even at option. If Reed didn't make it to campus by now, Ruh-Roh... Is this the curse of Tyrone Sampson?
Reeds twitter says he is Cuse Center. I thought I saw something on our board saying he has traveled up here. Can't imagine why he wouldn't be out eating with the guys though. CL or other insiders any nuggets on this guys status?

Reeds twitter says he is Cuse Center. I thought I saw something on our board saying he has traveled up here. Can't imagine why he wouldn't be out eating with the guys though. CL or other insiders any nuggets on this guys status?
If the past means anything, it is likely a problem with his transcript.

Transferring from a JUCO to a school like Syracuse can be a challenge. If he is in Syracuse, I would think there is still a chance this can be resolved and he can matriculate and play this spring. Sure hope so.

If the past means anything, it is likely a problem with his transcript.

Transferring from a JUCO to a school like Syracuse can be a challenge. If he is in Syracuse, I would think there is still a chance this can be resolved and he can matriculate and play this spring. Sure hope so.
Gotcha, here's to hoping things get situated.