New OL Coach: Steve Farmer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New OL Coach: Steve Farmer

It’s just easy coming to SU as a coach/coaches wife and being excited. Who the _____ gets excited being a Gopher, or being around Ped state apologists, or being called a Cornhusker.

Being ‘cuse and posting an orange is just so easy.

Waiting for Dino to pop up from the bunker... Holy cow. Imagine his plate right now. Looks like a ponderosa buffet dinner plate
10 pounds of Ramon

Thought Schmidt did a reasonably good job. Our run blocking improved a lot and we made some improvement in pass blocking . Still made way too many penalties, especially given that it was a veteran line.

But he was from the west coast and his network of contacts was worthless for us recruiting. Never a good fit from that perspective.

Farmer looks like his OLs were really good at pass blocking. Maybe not that good at run blocking. Probably a better fit for where we are headed. I think the teams he has coached have done a lot of run and shoot stuff like we do.

He has no connections to the east coast or Florida, our prime recruiting grounds, but he might help us recruit in Texas, Illinois and maybe Louisiana.

Surprised this happened so fast. It makes me think Syracuse might have asked Mike to leave and started the search process some time ago.
That was my impression - that Dino prompted the change

Why can’t we have mic’d up videos too?
Because the “secrets” might get out

We’re talking about a team that won’t print playbooks for fear of them being leaked.

10 pounds of Ramon
Obvious where you were going with this (Ramen) but when looked up origin of the name (Ramon) figured the misspelling was appropriate this time.

Ramon is the Spanish form of the ancient Germanic name Raginmund, anglicized as Raymond, which means “counsel, protection.” With this name, baby is sure to grow up wise and protective of their loved ones.

Protection is good for the OL.

We’re talking about a team that won’t print playbooks for fear of them being leaked.
It happend to wake!

Attachments

• FC49ABC3-A010-4322-9718-25487BD63D7F.jpeg
    FC49ABC3-A010-4322-9718-25487BD63D7F.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 37

Dino was fired once for this, so you really can’t blame him.

Really like this hire, it seems like a coach that will be great.
I think Schmidt did a nice job coaching up the line and getting them better from the trainwreck they were.
The penalties the kept committing over and over and over make this change make sense.

Clearly one of the most important assistant coach positions in the program.

Guy has been stationed in Tulsa OK, Lubbock TX, Logan UT, Charleston IL, and Monroe LA. All of which will make Syracuse NY in comparison feel like a garden of paradise, culture, and sophistication.

The penalties the kept committing over and over and over make this change make sense.
Are the penalties on Schmidt, or on the head coach? SU has been highly penalized on both sides of the ball for Dino's tenure, except for maybe 1 year. I seem to recall MacPherson cleaned up penalties when he first got here, and they never were a problem during his time.