new practice facility | Syracusefan.com

new practice facility

kcsu

Living Legend
I spoke to my Dad and he says they may move forward sooner than later now that the ACC deal is done. I certainly hope that is the case as it would be nice to have it in place prior to entering the ACC or at a minimum the first year in. Has anyone else heard anything on this?

no i think that the university may finance a major portion and pay back using ACC funds and future donations

no i think that the university may finance a major portion and pay back using ACC funds and future donations
Amen, get 'r done.

now that the conference situation is settled long term - it's time to invest ahead of earnings and get this thing going - the $4M of renovations to the football offices/locker rooms/training facilities should begin the day after the team leaves for their bowl game this year

I'd previously posted on TSS back in May/June that we were 12-18 months away from breaking ground. I was also told that we were going to mimic the Jets practice facility WITHOUT the weightroom.

I wonder how our enterance into the ACC changes the design? Do they include a breakroom / players lounge? Do they include an updated weightroom? Stripper poles? (just kidding)

I think they really need something like a lounge. Model it after the lounge in the new Cowboys stadium, and if they're doing some sort of locker room -- Make it like Minnesota's new digs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpo4kOUqaqg

Get it done. Raise the bar over Michigan's

indoorfacility2_sm.jpg

I'd previously posted on TSS back in May/June that we were 12-18 months away from breaking ground. I was also told that we were going to mimic the Jets practice facility WITHOUT the weightroom.

Take this with as many grains of salt as you please, but a little bird told me that they're planning a football practice facility at Skytop, with weight room and coaches' offices to follow. Non-revenue sports and lacrosse will get Manley and the current football weight room as a hand-me-down.

That Michigan set up is off the charts. I love the cat walk around the whole one side and endzone for camera men and some coaches I suppose. Is it high enough for punts? They can't stick a shovel in the ground fast enough right now,lol! I agree, let's invest ahead of earnings. Start moving things for the better of the program and school now.

The Jets practice facility isn't exactly a blow up "golfer's dome" ya know...

Ive been to the Jets site. Very very awesome indeed. I could care less which one they want to model off of, they are similar(and guessing very expensive) and are just superb to look at. Im sure the players and recruits would fall in love with it. Isn't UConns similar to those?

NASA, do you know what the Michigan building cost?

Just awesome. A recruit couldn't walk in there and not have an ear-to-ear grin. It's like how Stevie Thompson et al. felt when they first saw the Dome.

That is an incredible design. Great example of how to do it right.

It becomes a little less impressive when you see it side by side the dilapidated houses on the other side of the street.

They've obviously spent a lot of money on this building but it's hard to get value for money when you're decorating what is essentially an airplane hangar. Forget about the outside facade. Not worth it in my mind.

it's hard to get value for money when you're decorating what is essentially an airplane hangar. Forget about the outside facade. Not worth it in my mind.

I'm sure the powers-that-be will agree with that. Difficult to justify spending an extra $10 or $15 million on detailed brickwork and other aesthetic touches when there are so many other capital needs elsewhere - especially if the building is located in the middle of a vacant lot at Skytop.

Still, I hope it's not too utilitarian.

Michigan's facility is nice.
At some point they start looking a lot alike.

This is Alabama's... opened in '86 and upgraded & expanded to 100 yards in 2009.
I see there's a camera location behind the endzone.

large_Indoor%20facility%20ALcom.jpg

NASA, do you know what the Michigan building cost?

Just awesome. A recruit couldn't walk in there and not have an ear-to-ear grin. It's like how Stevie Thompson et al. felt when they first saw the Dome.

Here's a bunch of info and pics I found of the Michigan facility : http://athleticbusiness.com/galleries/project.aspx?id=395

We're obviously not going to build something bricked like that, but there's no reason we can't build something that's unique and open. The windows really add a lot. We don't need to spend $26M to have one of the finest facilities in the ACC.

When I was looking for the answer, I came across this pic of the locker rooms.

113_975_2010.jpg

The Jets indoor training facility cost $75 million. 120,000 square feet for the training center itself. The team practiced there in preparation for the Pinstripe Bowl. It is unbelievable.

jets_training_facility.jpg

080O-609-AB.jpg

Info

Get this done so the recruiting dividends can be paid ASAP