New seat review thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New seat review thread

Get ready to repeat this roughly 14,000 times over the next 10 years. ;)

lol trust me, I’m sure Syracuse is thinking the same thing.

They didn't want to be saying it for the next 10 years either!!

We have 4 seats in 320 row R. Nice view around 30 ish yd line. We were there very early and when the stadium was nearly empty it seems quite steep, like don't look down kind of steep. Once the dome filled up it was better. Overall I was impressed with the facelift the venue received.

The next big business will be portable cup holders customized to fit Dome seats.

Wait, forget I said that, I need to get a patent first.
That’s funny. We were talking about the same thing. Clip it to the seat in front. Would work as long as it wasn’t a woman with long hair.

New rule: No long hair in the Dome!

Last edited:
At least in 200s rowA if you bounce up and down even a little you can make at least half the row bounce.
The kid sitting behind me to my left was kicking the empty seat next to me and I could feel it reverberating through my own seat each kick.

lol trust me, I’m sure Syracuse is thinking the same thing.

They didn't want to be saying it for the next 10 years either!!

It probably tracks with the lack of fountain drinks and draft beers. The spills spread much quicker.

Not that I would know anything about that.

With no cup holders and nothing but cans and bottles, these may be the new hot gift item for SU fans.
IMG_3241.jpeg

It probably tracks with the lack of fountain drinks and draft beers. The spills spread much quicker.

Not that I would know anything about that.

Buy stuff in bottles and stick them in your open clear bag below your seat.

I would not worry about that issue. As a matter of fact I would not even call that an issue. Maintenance will take care of that stuff.

In mid-game?

If they had installed cup holders it would have cost 4k more seats.

I know that sounds crazy, but it’s the reality of the situation.

They wanted to put cup holders in but it was just too many lost seats
Yeah I realize this must have been the logic behind this decision but couldn’t they shorten arm rests to include cup holders? Idk just seems like some smart person should be able to design a solution.

Yeah I realize this must have been the logic behind this decision but couldn’t they shorten arm rests to include cup holders? Idk just seems like some smart person should be able to design a solution.

Are there smart people at SU?

If you look down at the handicap seats, which now encircle most of the Dome, they put a cup holder in front of the seats attaching it to the railing in front of them. Might be able to do that for the Row A seats in the second and third levels.

It's a bit of a tight fit in 311. If someone is leaving the row you have to stand up. Your knees are right up to the chairback in front of you. It definitely feels steeper as well, which, whatever I guess.

Comfort wise they beat the benches, but i'll be curious for a bigger crowd or even a basketball game.

This of course was 1 game in 1 seat in 1 area. I am sure we'll move around throughout the year(s) but it absolutely looks better than the seas of silver

I did look at my front row seat and think hmm. cup holder would work here.

It's a bit of a tight fit in 311. If someone is leaving the row you have to stand up. Your knees are right up to the chairback in front of you. It definitely feels steeper as well, which, whatever I guess.

Comfort wise they beat the benches, but i'll be curious for a bigger crowd or even a basketball game.

This of course was 1 game in 1 seat in 1 area. I am sure we'll move around throughout the year(s) but it absolutely looks better than the seas of silver
Wish I had counted how many times we had to stand up to let people pass. We're 2 seats off the aisle and I'm guessing 20 for the over/under but smart money for sure is on the over. My back tightened up in q3, not sure if it was due to up/downs or new seat back angle. In general the seats seemed a bit cramped as others have noted, but comfortable enough in terms of where the rubber meets the road.

Sec 331 is right next to the student section, it's a lot like sitting next to a bee hive as the kids are buzzing up and down the stairs at hyper speed compared to the slow-mo shuffle of the townies.

I always do my best to look straight ahead at the wall, but whenever I hear/feel a rocket stream I feel compelled to take a quick glance. This happened Saturday and I couldn’t believe my eyes!! Dude had to be 70 years old.
so you took a peak and then guessed his age based on what you saw down there?

We have 4 seats in 320 row R. Nice view around 30 ish yd line. We were there very early and when the stadium was nearly empty it seems quite steep, like don't look down kind of steep. Once the dome filled up it was better. Overall I was impressed with the facelift the venue received.
320 is the place to be these days apparently

I kept giving the side look which would work for only a few minutes. Hoping they're not STH.
I’m too old to do side looks anymore. I just say stuff.

Last week I chastised a bunch of seniors who were loudly talking at a movie Q&A I was at. I don’t care anymore, people who exhibit such rude behavior in public deserve to be scolded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom