New song to enter the dome to... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

Was it nelly that had “heart of a champion”. I kinda liked that song when we used to play it in dome

Just put on Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill.

every hs, college and 20 something year old knows the lyrics and plenty of older people would find it fine too.

Plus, lockdown Philly

Poll the players at the start of the season. Ask them what song they want to come out to. Simple.

I assumed we had someone in charge of this in the Athletic Department (among other duties), and that person would probably want player input. Given the new options with lighting, etc., assume we have something different planned.

Poll the players at the start of the season. Ask them what song they want to come out to. Simple.
I get that, but are we really asking 18-21 year olds to pick music that will get the 50 year olds in the stadium excited? I think that is what is being overlooked here. Who is the intro supposed to excite? In my opinion, it is the fans, not the players. I think if the fans are going nuts, the players will be excited.

I get that, but are we really asking 18-21 year olds to pick music that will get the 50 year olds in the stadium excited? I think that is what is being overlooked here. Who is the intro supposed to excite? In my opinion, it is the fans, not the players. I think if the fans are going nuts, the players will be excited.
Seriously. The Pats come out to an O Fortuna/Crazy Train mash up. I doubt there is one player on the team who loves either song, but the stadium is rocking when they come out of the tunnel and that’s all that matters.

Is there something we can shake our keys to? Jingle Bells, maybe.

True, you're right, why would we want our players hyped for the game? More important that Bob from Solvay can feel nostalgia to when he was 18 to get fired up to drink 8 beers and boo the ref and cuss out Dino all game.

True, you're right, why would we want our players hyped for the game? More important that Bob from Solvay can feel nostalgia to when he was 18 to get fired up to drink 8 beers and boo the ref and cuss out Dino all game.
This is not a good take. if you look at the VT entrance which almost everyone likes, it’s to a song that most of those kids might not have heard before. They seemed to get amped because the crowd. We just went through COVID with no fans. Every sports player that was interviewed was happy to have the fans back. Players play off the energy of the crowd. The kids can pick warm up songs but the entrance song is more to get fans and energy going for the players. Nothing to do with shot gunning beers

This is not a good take. if you look at the VT entrance which almost everyone likes, it’s to a song that most of those kids might not have heard before. They seemed to get amped because the crowd. We just went through COVID with no fans. Every sports player that was interviewed was happy to have the fans back. Players play off the energy of the crowd. The kids can pick warm up songs but the entrance song is more to get fans and energy going for the players. Nothing to do with shot gunning beers
Doesn't matter what the song is, the fans should be fired up for a big game. Virginia Tech could be playing anything and I'm sure it would be just as raucous for a huge primetime game. So let the players get hyped up to what THEY want to listen to.

Doesn't matter what the song is, the fans should be fired up for a big game. Virginia Tech could be playing anything and I'm sure it would be just as raucous for a huge primetime game. So let the players get hyped up to what THEY want to listen to.
Fans should be automatically hyped, but the players need their special song to be excited to play?

Surely you see the hypocrisy of this statement.
I have no problem with the players choosing music, but then there is no shot at a tradition. Players get hyped by the fans. The fans get hyped by the tradition. Players feed off that.

If the players ran that, Enter Sandman would have stopped in 2000. 3rd quarter Jump Around (another 30 year old song) would not be a thing in Wisconsin. Fight songs would change every year. Red Sox fans wouldn’t sing Sweet Caroline (50 years?)

It’s the fans the players react to. How many recruits would agree to come to SU if there were no fans, no energy, but they got to pick the song they exit the tunnel to?

I have no problem with the players choosing music, but then there is no shot at a tradition. Players get hyped by the fans. The fans get hyped by the tradition. Players feed off that.

If the players ran that, Enter Sandman would have stopped in 2000. 3rd quarter Jump Around (another 30 year old song) would not be a thing in Wisconsin. Fight songs would change every year. Red Sox fans wouldn’t sing Sweet Caroline (50 years?)

It’s the fans the players react to. How many recruits would agree to come to SU if there were no fans, no energy, but they got to pick the song they exit the tunnel to?

Exactly how I see it. Love bnoro and agree with most of his opinions but think he's way off base here.

We see it differently and that’s fine. Fans and players aren’t going to be as hyped to play liberty as they would Clemson. Players feed off the fans. If you want to set the tone you have to get the fans in the mind set every game. Some games won’t need to get fans pumped.

I do think having kids that play for team should be able to have their songs but that’s for warm ups in my opinion. Plus not all those kids like the same stuff. I assume they may use ear buds and iPhones to listen to what they want.

The thing with Va Tech is that they've been coming out to Enter Sandman for years. Yeah, it started somewhere but who knows how they picked that song.

Let the players decide and fans should be rowdy and fired up regardless of song choice.

If there were no players, what would fans be doing? You put this false sense on the importance of doing things "for the fans"

Sweet Caroline is a horrible tradition and never have I ever seen the Red Sox get "fired up" because of it. If they stopped doing it tomorrow, not a single person would complain.

Jump Around works because Wisconsin is usually up big or in a close game at Camp Randall when it plays. If Wisconsin played a Travis Scott song in the 3rd quarter I'm sure it would have the same effect.

People are too afraid to break traditions because they don't realize their traditions suck.

If there were no players, what would fans be doing? You put this false sense on the importance of doing things "for the fans"

Sweet Caroline is a horrible tradition and never have I ever seen the Red Sox get "fired up" because of it. If they stopped doing it tomorrow, not a single person would complain.

Jump Around works because Wisconsin is usually up big or in a close game at Camp Randall when it plays. If Wisconsin played a Travis Scott song in the 3rd quarter I'm sure it would have the same effect.

People are too afraid to break traditions because they don't realize their traditions suck.
Traditions suck,…..hmmm interesting

Cmon feel the noise! Girls grab the boys! We get wild, wild, wild!!!

Hey Jimmy, remember drinking beer balls to this!?? I’m pumped now, let’s go Orange!

Traditions suck,…..hmmm interesting
Some traditions are good traditions. Fight songs are good, they have lyrics pertaining to our program.

What does House of Pain have to do with Wisconsin besides playing the song? What does Metallica have to do with Va Tech? Neil Diamond with the Red Sox? It's literally like picking the music to play on your myspace page to show off your personality because you have no defining characteristics yourself.

Some traditions are good traditions. Fight songs are good, they have lyrics pertaining to our program.

What does House of Pain have to do with Wisconsin besides playing the song? What does Metallica have to do with Va Tech? Neil Diamond with the Red Sox? It's literally like picking the music to play on your myspace page to show off your personality because you have no defining characteristics yourself.
As MS said, I agree with most of your posts, just agree to disagree on this one..

Taj, if they play some old song instead of that new, groundbreaking Migos then I just won’t be able to play hard today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom