New song to enter the dome to... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

I started this thread nearly two years ago and please admins, for all that's good and holy put an end to it.
Jim Halpert Reaction GIF

I started this thread nearly two years ago and please admins, for all that's good and holy put an end to it.
Jim Halpert Reaction GIF
Interesting that the 5 members who agree with you in putting an end to it still took the time to read the thread.

Interesting that the 5 members who agree with you in putting an end to it still took the time to read the thread.
Wreck on the side of the road. You just have to look.

Same band, very different songs.

Ok if not that, what about

Might give the blue hairs a coronary

I've always thought this one.

Players hyped? Check
100k Texans singing a Kanye song? Check

Need to just find something that works and stick with it. A&M started using Kanye when Manziel was there and it's still there with Jimbo because it works. Once it kicks in the old ass hillbillies and students are all going nuts together.

Adding a couple of elements and an event, this might work (everyone’s idea of hype is different. My goal would be audience participation to the max, with an up beat song)
1. This is auditioned at the un-retirement of 44.
2. A montage video of great runs by #44’s up on the video board
3. The Boss belts out Born to Run
4. Tucker comes out of the tunnel last, wearing #44.
5. Tradition born, and reborn
6. Every game great runs by SU players, #44 or not, are now in the video, with Born to Run playing and the crowd singing.
7. It could even get played on long runs or running TDS.
8. It could also translate to hype videos with SU bball and lacrosse with fast breaks on video.

Last edited:
Adding a couple of elements and an event, this might work (everyone’s idea of hype is different. My goal would be audience participation to the make, with an up beat song)
1. This is auditioned at the un-retirement of 44.
2. A montage video of great runs by #44’s up on the video board
3. The Boss belts out Born to Run
4. Tucker comes out of the tunnel last, wearing #44.
5. Tradition born, and reborn
6. Every game great runs by SU players, #44 or not, are now in the video, with Born to Run playing and the crowd singing.
7. It could even get played on long runs or running TDS.
8. It could also translate to hype videos with SU bball and lacrosse with fast breaks on video.

Bruce will kill it (not let it happen).

Guys of a certain age shouldn't be in this marketplace (that includes all my dated ideas that I've kept to myself).

Last edited:
The orange strobe was impressive but they need it a bit darker, I know its a safety issue but NBA and NHL arenas go dark for starting lineups. Its 2 minutes, ushers could hold people at the tunnel like they do for the National Anthem, cmon guys work with me. I d go with Baba Orielly with the Orange strobe even though I love Bruce.

Some of you need to go to a college party or bar to see what fires up the young people. There are too many proposals on here for songs from our younger days. Bruce doesn't fire up 18-25 year olds. Actually, Bruce doesn't really have "fire you up" music unless you're thinking about how you felt when Sally-Jane Rottencrotch let you get to 3rd base in the BOCES parking lot and Thunder Road was on the radio.
It's time for SUAD to put together a team from VPA and Newhouse to come up with a team entrance. It doesn't have to be a song everyone knows. Let's get creative. It can be as simple as a sample mix or as complex as the Vegas Knights intro. But let's come up with something that isn't being used in 2,000 high schools across America on Friday night.
What are the common factors of team intros that get a crowd fired up (lights, sounds, pounding bass, videos etc)?

Some of you need to go to a college party or bar to see what fires up the young people. There are too many proposals on here for songs from our younger days. Bruce doesn't fire up 18-25 year olds. Actually, Bruce doesn't really have "fire you up" music unless you're thinking about how you felt when Sally-Jane Rottencrotch let you get to 3rd base in the BOCES parking lot and Thunder Road was on the radio.
It's time for SUAD to put together a team from VPA and Newhouse to come up with a team entrance. It doesn't have to be a song everyone knows. Let's get creative. It can be as simple as a sample mix or as complex as the Vegas Knights intro. But let's come up with something that isn't being used in 2,000 high schools across America on Friday night.
What are the common factors of team intros that get a crowd fired up (lights, sounds, pounding bass, videos etc)?
We have had this debate before. Do the Va Tech players have Metallica on their personal devices, probably not one, it gets the crowd fired up which in turn gets the players. The players certainly are listening to their own stuff in the locker room.

Last edited:
No matter what could be dreamed up on here for an entry song, would be loved by some, hated by many.

Imagine this. The one song that would be hard to argue considering the setting.
I know this would be hard to imagine...

"Down The Field" - Syracuse University Marching Band
#LETTHEBANDPLAY

There's so many people great songs they could use that no one has done. I think some Godsmack songs or Metallica's (I Disappear) could work as great intro's.

You could loop the beginning as long as you need. Dimmed lights

I always thought they should use Eminem's Lose Yourself for the 4th Quarter pump up song. "if you had one shot or one opportunity sieze everything you ever wanted one moment would you capture it or just let it slip"

I'd like us to play Soul Kitchen to start the fourth quarter and turn the lights down. That would get the chill rolling in my veins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom