New song to enter the dome to... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

Taj, if they play some old song instead of that new, groundbreaking Migos then I just won’t be able to play hard today.
"If they play that new Migos over Welcome to the Jungle then I just won't be able to cheer hard today"

You guys make it so easy.

True, you're right, why would we want our players hyped for the game? More important that Bob from Solvay can feel nostalgia to when he was 18 to get fired up to drink 8 beers and boo the ref and cuss out Dino all game.
I'm normally on Team Bnoro, but not for this one.

Ultimately we're talking about the entertainment value of a sporting event. The team will be hyped up in the locker room, listening to their music, their coaches and each other. Once they hit the tunnel they are part of a made-for-fans production, and that means the music selection (among other things) is for the 50K in attendance.

As an aside, one of the great whiffs in the history of the SU athletic department was not capitalizing on the '96 hoops team adopting the Blahzay Blahzay song "Danger". IIRC, the group even offered to re-record the song using the "Cuse is in the house" lyrics instead of the "east is in the house" lyrics, but we declined. That song should have been pumped into every SU sporting event starting in the fall of 1996, and could have served as our de facto fight song for the past 25 years. It'd friggin' kill as a tunnel song, it's a banger. Such a waste, bothers me to this day.

Some traditions are good traditions. Fight songs are good, they have lyrics pertaining to our program.

What does House of Pain have to do with Wisconsin besides playing the song? What does Metallica have to do with Va Tech? Neil Diamond with the Red Sox? It's literally like picking the music to play on your myspace page to show off your personality because you have no defining characteristics yourself.
Why is anything anything? Why can’t we just be a collective of individuals and we will enjoy every song at once. Why don’t we let each player decide what uniform they want? We will pioneer the multi-form instead. Among other reasons, we all come together to rally around things we have in common. It’s the base of the word community. If there is nothing in common, there is no community. What will it mean to be a fan of Syracuse in the future if we can’t point to anything that we share? It’s how the 50 year old fan and the 20 year old student find a friendship. It is more important than ever in an increasing “free agent” world. DJ Marty Rounds wasn’t my cup of tea, but there’s an era of fans that have him in common. In my opinion he really disrupted the Sour Citrus energy, but the angst that existed between them made the experience better for us as fans. The players liked the energy it created in the fans. I know this first hand.
You are in the sports world. Without going into details, do the players pick the music your team is introduced to? Do they pick the beats the drum section in the stands play? The food at the concession? The images on the video board? It’s all for the engagement of the fans.

I'm normally on Team Bnoro, but not for this one.

Ultimately we're talking about the entertainment value of a sporting event. The team will be hyped up in the locker room, listening to their music, their coaches and each other. Once they hit the tunnel they are part of a made-for-fans production, and that means the music selection (among other things) is for the 50K in attendance.

As an aside, one of the great whiffs in the history of the SU athletic department was not capitalizing on the '96 hoops team adopting the Blahzay Blahzay song "Danger". IIRC, the group even offered to re-record the song using the "Cuse is in the house" lyrics instead of the "east is in the house" lyrics, but we declined. That song should have been pumped into every SU sporting event starting in the fall of 1996, and could have served as our de facto fight song for the past 25 years. It'd friggin' kill as a tunnel song, it's a banger. Such a waste, bothers me to this day.

They came to the hotel and met the team during that ‘96 run.

"If they play that new Migos over Welcome to the Jungle then I just won't be able to cheer hard today"

What are they replacing “You’ll Never Walk Alone” with next game? Who’s turn is it? I hear the GK nominated the new transfer from Serie A to pick.

Work with me here. I know it’s old, and white, but it’s has a huge chorus part (think the Dome crowd) , orchestra ( I’m pretty sure SU can cover that) and a great featured part, which could be song by various students, like they do with the anthem at basketball.
The version from Here Comes the Boom would be cool, but SU could rework it even more. With time, in a full dome with the crowd really into it, live small orchestra, I think it could be cool. (Almost gospel like)

Last edited:
For the record, I wish we could come up with something that involved the SUMB rather than a recording. It should be raucous like the battle of the bands in the south. I would have sworn up and down in the ‘90’s that an up tempo version of Rock and Roll Part 2 was our fight song

Along the lines of the O Fortuna crazy train mashup, cuse could do their own version using The ecstasy of Gold – Enio Morricone from the good the bad and the ugly, mash that up at the crescendo with whatever thumping song you want.

Sweet Caroline is a horrible tradition and never have I ever seen the Red Sox get "fired up" because of it. If they stopped doing it tomorrow, not a single person would complain.
Disagree. Baseball can be pretty slow. Thats always welcome. Especially if you've brought kids. They're probably bored at that point, and SOMETHING finally happens. Might even convince them to stick around 2 more innings. OR if you've brought them on a day where kids get to run the bases after? They'll stay in the stands until that, and then wander around waiting to get on the field. (Cuse should let kids run the field, afterwards)

Disagree. Baseball can be pretty slow. Thats always welcome. Especially if you've brought kids. They're probably bored at that point, and SOMETHING finally happens. Might even convince them to stick around 2 more innings. OR if you've brought them on a day where kids get to run the bases after? They'll stay in the stands until that, and then wander around waiting to get on the field. (Cuse should let kids run the field, afterwards)
I took my daughter to her first Sox game when she was 5. She wanted to see Big Papi, meet Wally the Green Monster, sing Sweet Caroline, hear Shipping up to Boston when Jonathan Papelbon came in to close, and hear Dirty Water when the Sox won.

But I bet no one on the Sox has Dirty Water on their Spotify "Super Hype!!1!!1!" playlist, so it should probably be scrapped.

What are they replacing “You’ll Never Walk Alone” with next game? Who’s turn is it? I hear the GK nominated the new transfer from Serie A to pick.
Had a chance to experience that in person at Anfield. Was awesome

I took my daughter to her first Sox game when she was 5. She wanted to see Big Papi, meet Wally the Green Monster, sing Sweet Caroline, hear Shipping up to Boston when Jonathan Papelbon came in to close, and hear Dirty Water when the Sox won.

But I bet no one on the Sox has Dirty Water on their Spotify "Super Hype!!1!!1!" playlist, so it should probably be scrapped.
Those songs are old. Players don’t even like those songs. :rolleyes::)

Thats how I knew my kids might make it the whole game.. lol

Is Otto out meeting our young fans before the game?

Thats how I knew my kids might make it the whole game.. lol

Is Otto out meeting our young fans before the game?
No, Otto is in the locker room hyping up the team. Also, Otto is a bad tradition that should be removed. We should have listened to the players in the’90’s and become the Wolfpack. I wonder what we’d call ourselves now if we had only just ignored the big picture.

Let them make all the money they can, but don’t kill the thing they chose to play for.

No, Otto is in the locker room hyping up the team. Also, Otto is a bad tradition that should be removed. We should have listened to the players in the’90’s and become the Wolfpack. I wonder what we’d call ourselves now if we had only just ignored the big picture.

Let them make all the money they can, but don’t kill the thing they chose to play for.
Emulating NC St is no way to build championship sports programs

For the record, I wish we could come up with something that involved the SUMB rather than a recording. It should be raucous like the battle of the bands in the south. I would have sworn up and down in the ‘90’s that an up tempo version of Rock and Roll Part 2 was our fight song
Gary Glitter was a pedophile, so that’s out

Gotta say, one of my memories of the 6 OT game is that the PA guy kept the crowd going between extra periods with great song choices.

I know other schools use the song, but I think this version could be cool and unique.
No.

I love AC/DC, but I couldn’t stomach the mockery and the confusion of even people on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom