New song to enter the dome to... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

We have had this debate before. Do the Va Tech players have Metallica on there personal devices, probably not one, it gets the crowd fired up which in turn gets the players. The players certainly are listening to their own stuff in the locker room.
I covered this in my post. If you're going to go with an old ticket anthem, there are going to be several other colleges and high schools around that are doing the exact same thing. Let's do something new. Or, we can just jingle our keys, which, bu the way, we were doing at my high school before SU was doing it.

Every year I think "surely the students are working on something cool and original " and every year ends with noooope.

Great sound track, not really the pump you up kind though.
I don’t knowwww….when that part hits the lights go out and orange lights shine onto the field where we run out from and a single player leads the charge every time and the run to the 50 and then raise a fist into the air and scream/yell and then the rest of the dome goes crazy too and then the lights go crazy orange and blue and then some crazy graphic start playing and yeah.

We have had this debate before. Do the Va Tech players have Metallica on there personal devices, probably not one, it gets the crowd fired up which in turn gets the players. The players certainly are listening to their own stuff in the locker room.

My 18 year old son and his buddies just worked the Metallica stage in Louisville, KY two weekends ago. I'll bet they all have Metallica on their personal devices now. ;-)

We have a Dome with all of the lights and you don't. We are NEW YORK'S team. Time to start embracing Hip Hop from the only school representing the state where the genre was born. Surely we can do better than Everlast's "Jump Around". In basketball we missed a genuine organic opportunity in 96 with Blahzay Blahzay's "Danger" (Al McGuire, McNabb, Wallace, etc.)

Imagine this playing. Highlights of past players being shown on the videoboard during the 1 minute interlude. Then Pete Sala gets to show off his new toys before the team runs out.
[clean with lyrics removed]

We have a Dome with all of the lights and you don't. We are NEW YORK'S team. Time to start embracing Hip Hop from the only school representing the state where the genre was born. Surely we can do better than Everlast's "Jump Around". In basketball we missed a genuine organic opportunity in 96 with Blahzay Blahzay's "Danger" (Al McGuire, McNabb, Wallace, etc.)

Imagine this playing. Highlights of past players being shown on the videoboard during the 1 minute interlude. Then Pete Sala gets to show off his new toys before the team runs out.
[clean with lyrics removed]
I thought of this one too, it gets me pumped up for sure.

Bruce will kill it (not let it happen).

Guys of a certain age shouldn't be in this marketplace (that includes all my dated ideas that I've kept to myself).
Most of the ticket holders are guys of a certain age.

I still think being that we are indoors we should have the following:

-Start off with an instrumental of Come Together. You can spice it up a little for effect.

-Have a shot of the garage door near the Sadler side closing. Make sure to repaint the door Orange. When it is shut have a clicking sound.

-Have Dino in a pinstriped suit, maybe even a fedora, say Now youse can't leave. He would enjoy it being a movie buff. Or if Marrone is coach even better given that he is from the Bronx.

-Show a video of us beating up our opponents at home. Carrier Dome highlights only. Our great players, great moments, etc. Put that to modern music. Something that will pump you up but be from the last decade. Whether it is something current in TikTok, Drake, whatever.

-Smoke and team runs out to Down the field.

Guns N Roses either Welcome to the Jungle or Paradise City. Both have a good wind up and release.

Same with every sport (minus I guess soccer). Guys aren't walking up to bat playing Zeppelin either.

Guns N Roses either Welcome to the Jungle or Paradise City. Both have a good wind up and release.
OK... my entries into this!!

All the Way UP:

Ante Up:

Family friendly versions would have to be done of course!!

that's probably because Conan the Barbarian is the greatest movie ever made.
Maybe you could use the remix by Aqurate. But still it is an old movie and song.

just do the beat. No lights. Highlights of the team on big screen. Just nate doggs part.
40 k screaming at the top of their lungs. Lights pop on team busts out
Love that song but even that is really old.

Love that song but even that is really old.
I guess I’m not worried about the age. It really just needs to be something the fans look forward to. It the fans get hyped then it will wind up the team. It the same reason why playing in the dome for bball is appealing to player.

Same with every sport (minus I guess soccer). Guys aren't walking up to bat playing Zeppelin either.
Gerry and the Pace Makers-Liverpool “You’ll Never Walk Alone”
The Dick Clark Five “Glad all over” Crystal Palace
Tiny Bubbles (honest) West Ham
To name a few , even older then Metallica.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom