New song to enter the dome to... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

Public Enemy - Welcome to the Terrordome

The LeBron commercial exposed the younger generation to it. It’s got the word Dome in it. It says “refuse to lose”, right near the beginning for a sports connection even though it’s not about sports. It’s got that chaotic energy that represents our style of play and the intensity of the Dome atmosphere.

If I were running the game day experience... I would throw some money at the CFOs, which are the guys who create WWE entrance music.

Say what you will about the WWE, but their entrances are insanely awesome. Here are a few that are really fantastic, would love to see SU have an original entrance along these lines. Particularly starting next season when the Dome will be totally tricked out.

Watche these crowd pops...

Bobby Roode debuts and makes SmackDown LIVE glorious: SmackDown LIVE, Aug. 22, 2017

Two-time NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura debuts on SmackDown LIVE: SmackDown LIVE, April 4, 2017

I'm thinking in line with enter sandman at VPI or Jump Around at Wisconsin. The purpose of these songs is obviously to get the crowd going nuts before the team enters.

Currently we don't have a good option. The song needs to have a good build up, and the beat has got to drop as the team emerges from the tunnel. That is crucial. Given that everyone recognizes Syracuse as cold and snowy, I thought a song with that theme was important, even though the instrumental beginning is really all anyone will hear.

With all of that said I choose So Cold by Breaking Benjamin. I don't know this group, and I don't think I've ever heard a song by them. But you have to admit, it has those ingredients (good beat drop, nice build up) that all entrance songs have.

Have a listen. The team comes out at about the 40 second mark. You could also loop some of that beginning to give more of a build up. After that it doesn't really matter what the song does, nor do the lyrics or the singing matter.

I've been trying to think of this! Just think in a couple years they'll be able to make an amazing entrance with the new lighting system. The new lights will be able to be turned off and on immediately.

Welcome to the Terrordome

Calling it the Terrordome might be my best idea since Orange is the New Fast.

It may not have been widespread but that nickname was around in the early 90s.

BTW, I lovvvve PE and Welcome to the Terrordome. But there is one verse they’d have to remove. Those that know the song know what I’m taking about.

Yup. Easy enough to just play parts of it, like the LeBron commercial did though.

ly thorn
White Stripes

Last edited:
Colors by Ice-T

Completely inappropriate lyrics about gang & gun violence to be allowed today but I still love it.

That whole movie soundtrack was our high school warm up tape.

Big Daddy Kane’s Raw is another fantastic gem from that album but the lyrics also haven’t aged well.

If I were running the game day experience... I would throw some money at the CFOs, which are the guys who create WWE entrance music.

Say what you will about the WWE, but their entrances are insanely awesome. Here are a few that are really fantastic, would love to see SU have an original entrance along these lines. Particularly starting next season when the Dome will be totally tricked out.

Watche these crowd pops...

Bobby Roode debuts and makes SmackDown LIVE glorious: SmackDown LIVE, Aug. 22, 2017

Two-time NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura debuts on SmackDown LIVE: SmackDown LIVE, April 4, 2017

That is a brilliant thought.

If we’re gonna play it straight I would second hells bells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom