New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer | Syracusefan.com

New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer

So excited. Bought my tickets last night!! Can’t wait to show my 8 yr old when I get home today.

So excited. Bought my tickets last night!! Can’t wait to show my 8 yr old when I get home today.

My 14-yr old and I watched the trailer last night. Very intrigued.

Does it give too much away? I like being kept in the dark as much as possible.

Lots in there. I'm jazzed about it. I am a little disappointed that it looks like there will be no more Kylo Ren mask (notice he smashes it and then for the rest of the trailer he doesn't have it any more). The trailer seems to lay out the entire movie, but I doubt that it really does because they are always much more cagey than that.

The trailer makes it look like:
1. Kylo gets a new light saber (the one he picks up looks the same but is completely clean, plus the old one got cut in half by Rey)
2. Kylo at least attempts/contemplates to kill mom
3. Luke is scared of training Rey because she has similar power level to Ben Solo
4. Rey is rejected by Luke as a result of this and turns to Kylo to be trained (?)

Overall - yikes! This looks like a pretty bad a$$ set of potential plot points.

Luke is obviously saying Rey has the power on level with his father.

I said in the other thread they are going to probably go with Rey being the new chosen one. Which sucks as a storyline and made episodes 1-3 chitty.

I said in the other thread they are going to probably go with Rey being the new chosen one. Which sucks as a storyline and made episodes 1-3 chitty.

No, he's talking about Ben, not Vader. I think they are setting it up that Kylo and Rey will have an epic showdown in Ep IX. Given this, it is hard to shake the crazy notion that they are twins. I know there is significant mental gymnastics to get through to figure out how/why/what happened that led to them being separated and Rey being cast off, but how else do we explain the extreme power both of them have.

Episodes 1-3 are already chitty. And I'd be careful throwing words like "obviously" around. Seems to me he was referring to Kylo Ren.

No, he's talking about Ben, not Vader. I think they are setting it up that Kylo and Rey will have an epic showdown in Ep IX. Given this, it is hard to shake the crazy notion that they are twins. I know there is significant mental gymnastics to get through to figure out how/why/what happened that led to them being separated and Rey being cast off, but how else do we explain the extreme power both of them have.
They don't have to be twins. They could just be brother and sister.

They can explain Rey’s power by her being the new chosen one a la Anakin.

I think she is the Vader of these 3 movies and Ben is going to save her.

Also I think Rey could Be Luke’s daughter if he is a Skywalker/Solo.

Remember the Anakin lightsaber “called” to Rey.

I think she is going to be tempted to the dark side this movie and Ben will be redeemed by Luke and then Luke will die at the end.

Ben will take up the mantle of the Skywalker/Solo clan and will try to save Rey in episode IX.

I think she is going to be tempted to the dark side this movie and Ben will be redeemed by Luke and then Luke will die at the end.

Ben will take up the mantle of the Skywalker/Solo clan and will try to save Rey in episode IX.

That's the feeling I got after watching it as well. But that might just be what they are trying to get us to believe.

Last edited:
Episodes 1-3 are already chitty. And I'd be careful throwing words like "obviously" around. Seems to me he was referring to Kylo Ren.
Bad word obviously but the trailer clearly IMO wants you to believe Luke is talking about Ben. When I think it’s his father.

Really interested in who Snoke is and how he fits in the Sith lineage or did that end w/ Vader & the Emperor's deaths? These Star Wars movies are on the only thing that'll get me to the theater these days. Couldn't be more pumped.

Really interested in who Snoke is and how he fits in the Sith lineage or did that end w/ Vader & the Emperor's deaths? These Star Wars movies are on the only thing that'll get me to the theater these days. Couldn't be more pumped.
My guess is Snoke is Syfo Dyas from episode 2.

Everyone thought he was dead but he wasn’t.

So you think Luke will die in VIII? I would think they'd keep him around for IX and then he would die. I can see your take that Rey could end up being the bad guy. She definitely had some serious sinister moments after disabling Kylo in VII. And he is clearly struggling like crazy between light/dark. But man he has quite a resume of dark side accomplishments under his belt already.

Remind me, was he the head of the Jedi Council who commissioned the clone army but was never shown?

They can explain Rey’s power by her being the new chosen one a la Anakin.

I think she is the Vader of these 3 movies and Ben is going to save her.

Also I think Rey could Be Luke’s daughter if he is a Skywalker/Solo.
Not if Luke was following the rules. Maybe she's Leia and Han's daughter, but Han didn't know about her because he left before Leia realized she was pregnant.

Holy crap, can't wait. Gonna get my tix at lunch for the Thursday dec 14 premier at the movie tavern in town here. Can't miss event

I can't get on board with redeeming Kylo Ren. Not after he killed Han Solo.

I don't think Disney cares about the prequels enough for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom