Who will we face in the NC game?

• Kentucky

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Su Grad Wannabe

Walk On
I cant remember the last time in recent memory we had a inside precence whice we needed to feed Next year I thing will be much different esp with Waiters Gone*. Are teams the last 10 years really been Guard or Sf oriented, now with Dc2 and melo if he returns and hopefully a more mature Rak and even maybe Noel we will have to feen the beasts and play inside out instead of outside in. I mention this because I rarely see Melo getting the ball on the block and being able to post up his player, maybe because he dont have the skills yet, but next year we could have 3 very good post players that needs to get the ball and with Waiter 95% gone I can see are guars playing through are big men, what you guys think?

The last time we had an offensive inside presence was last season. His name was Rick Jackson.

Next year Fab Melo will be wearing an NBA uniform.

Hey the guy already said he "can't remember". He didn't say it how long it took for him to forget. Maybe he has only a 15 second or 30 second commercial type of memory.

boeheims alpochow is now run thru a blender, strained and fed via straw at the earlybird seating. he ain't leaving the damn porch to fetch no new bones!

And the year before it was Arinze

I wouldnt consider those guys dominant big men and neither one of those made it to the NBA. Im talking like a Sullinger,Ed Davis type of player. Rick or A.o did not really have a offensive game, very minimal, no disrepect. But we will most likely have 3 Nba big men on the team next year, time to pound it inside night in night out.

I wouldnt consider those guys dominant big men and neither one of those made it to the NBA. Im talking like a Sullinger,Ed Davis type of player. Rick or A.o did not really have a offensive game, very minimal, no disrepect. But we will most likely have 3 Nba big men on the team next year, time to pound it inside night in night out.

You have to be kidding. A.O. Was automatic and was the anchor of the offense in 2010.

You have to be kidding. A.O. Was automatic and was the anchor of the offense in 2010.

and Rick was great last season offensively. Had a great reverse lefty layup move.

Correct. If they really did have an inside game, they would indeed be in the NBA. And, indeed, they are not.

Just keeping it real.

Correct. If they really did have an inside game, they would indeed be in the NBA. And, indeed, they are not.

Just keeping it real.

That argument doesn't fly. The NBA picks it's players by more than just skillset. RJ was better last year than Donte Greene ever was. Yet, who's in the NBA?

That argument doesn't fly. The NBA picks it's players by more than just skillset. RJ was better last year than Donte Greene ever was. Yet, who's in the NBA?
Donte is not a "Big Man" thats what were talking about.

AO was never an NBA type athlete with his bad knees. He was however the best offensive post in college ball in 2009-2010. You couldn’t keep it real if you were holding it!

You said "Rick was great last season offensively. Had a great reverse lefty layup move." With all respect, please take off your orange-colored glasses. RJ was not a creator. Certainly not against anyone near his stature. Describing RJ's offense as "great" is a huge overstatement. He averaged 13 ppg. Please.

And as for the comparison between RJ and Donte, well, the results speak for themselves. He may not be a star, but Donte is still in the NBA, now in his fourth year.

My advice would be to let the facts determine your feelings, not the other way around.

AO was never an NBA type athlete with his bad knees. He was however the best offensive post in college ball in 2009-2010. You couldn’t keep it real if you were holding it!

While averaging 10.5 ppg. I'm having a hard time reconciling your feelings with the facts.

While averaging 10.5 ppg. I'm having a hard time reconciling your feelings with the facts.

Watch some tape. The entire offense ran through AO and he got his when he wanted it. Look what happened when he went down.

You said "Rick was great last season offensively. Had a great reverse lefty layup move." With all respect, please take off your orange-colored glasses. RJ was not a creator. Certainly not against anyone near his stature. Describing RJ's offense as "great" is a huge overstatement. He averaged 13 ppg. Please.

And as for the comparison between RJ and Donte, well, the results speak for themselves. He may not be a star, but Donte is still in the NBA, now in his fourth year.

My advice would be to let the facts determine your feelings, not the other way around.

I don't have orange colored glasses on (at least right now...) He was an All Big East player and was our go to guy on the offensive side of the ball. He created his own shot many a time...

And as for AO, yes, he only averaged 10.5 ppg, but that was on a very balanced offensive team, and he led the nation in FG %, IIRC.

he led the nation in FG %

With simple put backs? please.. Dont get me wrong AO was a good player but he was not dominaint. I dont see him being better than Melo DC or Rakeem. Thats the point, we have NBA bigs on the roster now time to own the middle kinda how OSU plays with Sullinger.

he led the nation in FG %

With simple put backs? please.. Dont get me wrong AO was a good player but he was not dominaint. I dont see him being better than Melo DC or Rakeem. Thats the point, we have NBA bigs on the roster now time to own the middle kinda how OSU plays with Sullinger.
or Noel. You forgot him.

Can you imagine if your Triche or MCW bringing the ball up and you have Melo on one block posted and DC on the other block posted or Noels? DOMINANT!!

Can you imagine if your Triche or MCW bringing the ball up and you have Melo on one block posted and DC on the other block posted or Noels? DOMINANT!![/quote

it would be amazing. Trying to figure out who this Noels guy is everyone speaks of. He sounds intriguing.

Any argument that involves the phrase "Arinze Onuaku did not really have an offensive game" reveals such a fundamental lack of understanding of basketball that it cannot be taken seriously.

Rick Jackson was limited. Onuaku, however, had more offensive skills than any big since Hill (if not since Seikaly). Fab's currently got nowhere near that level; Boeheim has so little faith in him that he's cut him out of the offense. And until he proves it in college, I'm not convinced that any high school player is at that level, either.

As for Boeheim changing the Syracuse offense, not in your lifetime. It's a guard/wing-oriented offense; it's been that way for decades and I can't see that changing. That guys like Arinze only averaged ten points a game only serves to reinforce that - when a center who shoots 67% from eight feet and in is given limited touches, you know that no center is going to be the focal point of a Syracuse offense.

Whaaaa whaaaa what?

OSU might take a big drop off next year when they lose Sullinger and Buford, IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom