New WR Coach: Michael Johnson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New WR Coach: Michael Johnson

This is by far his best staff. At least on paper it is.

It really is. And the number on the paper (checks) is probably higher than it's ever been. Showing that we're serious about competing.

Might be some early bumps, as you'd see with any new coordinators/position coaches trying to get the kids acclimated. But we'll see this start to pay off in 2022.

JW and DB need a round of applause for putting together this staff after the last 3 years. This is a far cry from the Shafer years in terms of the athletic department buy-in. What an off-season so far… let’s hope this translates to W-L.

Dino and co continue to win the offseason, really great job. I was someone who was on the train of getting a new coach but with the way things have gone so far I’m happy they brought Dino back, best off season of my lifetime by a wide margin.

It really is. And the number on the paper (checks) is probably higher than it's ever been. Showing that we're serious about competing.

Might be some early bumps, as you'd see with any new coordinators/position coaches trying to get the kids acclimated. But we'll see this start to pay off in 2022.

I mean, we have to go in on two years right?

Would be a tall order to have a huge turnaround in year 1, though I guess 6 wins and bowl eligible is a huge turnaround. Might take 2.

His son transferred from Penn st to FAU to play with Taggart and his dad. He was a top dual threat 4 star recruit.
Kinda odd his dad leaving like that.
Wonder if this is a two for package deal.

He'd have to sit out a year (2nd transfer), unless they have a waiver to be on my dad's team. We do so well with waivers.

Anyone know his story? Looks like he's way down the depth chart at FAU.

Holy Christ -- Babers / the program is KILLING it this offseason.

A couple of solid additional transfers, and we will be poised for a fantastic year next year.

Of the big 3 men's teams - two programs have just completely revamped. The changes this off season have been really exciting. Dino isn't going down without a fight.

I mean, we have to go in on two years right?

Would be a tall order to have a huge turnaround in year 1, though I guess 6 wins and bowl eligible is a huge turnaround. Might take 2.

They have to all be getting 2 year deals. And yes, I think this guarantees Dino will be here in 2023.

Just hope he wins 6 in 2022, or else things will get ugly.

I wonder if the SU administration and ADJW have adopted a form of moneyball for college football. Instead of paying Dino millions of dollars in a buyout, it’s financially savvy to pay a modest financial premium for highly qualified coordinators and position coaches.

I think they can realize a greater tangible benefit with highly qualified coordinators than paying a buyout of the current HC and multi-million dollar premium for an experienced replacement head coach.

Last edited:
Cannot think like that.

It's a harder schedule next year, but it doesn't matter. A bowl is attainable. Not getting to 6 and bowl eligibility is a failure.
This should have been a six, seven, eight win team last year.

Other than DL, there isn’t a unit on the team that isn’t going to have more experience and/or better depth.

They have to all be getting 2 year deals. And yes, I think this guarantees Dino will be here in 2023.

Just hope he wins 6 in 2022, or else things will get ugly.

I really don't think they can get much worse at this point. All that is left are the diehards and nobody even really cares about the local media anymore. They talk tough with Dino and clam up real quick when they need to ask the dinosaur down the street about his coaching career or lack of retirement plan. You can't take them seriously because of it. Cowards really

With such a tough schedule next yr we could play better and lose a few close games and still not go to a bowl but be a much better team..

I hope this staff has 2 yrs to get this turned in a good direction if they need it.
Yeah I was thinking that the other day. Too bad all these coaching hires, transfers and recruits didn’t come in last year with the guys we have coming back. If we took last years schedule and made it this years. I think 8 games should have been the goal with what we have now.

I think the biggest reason for the change in philosophy is to make sure SU isn’t left out in the next round of realignment. I read an article this morning about ND looking at Harris in the portal and the ND official states that SU invests very little in its football program. True or not it’s a perception.

Imagine if Dino can't get it done with this crew?
It's easy if you try.

john lennon GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom