New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Giants might have the most difficult schedule of any team the rest of the season.
4 games over 2000 miles away from home.

Dallas
Philadelphia
Washington x2
Kansas City
@ Oakland
@ Denver
@Arizona
@ San Francisco
Seattle
La Rams

That is a really hard schedule. Maybe 3 wins without OBJ.

Giants are better off tanking.
Lose that game at San Fran you guys will have a top 2 pick.

I think you should change it to the Quest for the number one pick.
That's pretty bold coming from an under .500 Cowboys fan. Oh wait, maybe you've jumped off the bandwagon already.

so you guys prefer the UCLA or USC quarterback?

so you guys prefer the UCLA or USC quarterback?
I imagine the giants will end up anywhere from the 3rd-6th pick now. There is just too much talent left to be 1 or 2. In order for them to draft a QB, Reese would have to be gone, which would mean McAdoo too. It would solve the 'Eli problem' too, as he is under contract for 2 more years and with a new regime, that will likely be it and year 3 Darnold takes over.

Rosen might make Mickey Mantle look like an altar boy...

I imagine the giants will end up anywhere from the 3rd-6th pick now. There is just too much talent left to be 1 or 2. In order for them to draft a QB, Reese would have to be gone, which would mean McAdoo too. It would solve the 'Eli problem' too, as he is under contract for 2 more years and with a new regime, that will likely be it and year 3 Darnold takes over.

Rosen might make Mickey Mantle look like an altar boy...

The Giants schedule is brutal, if you can't beat the Chargers at home, who are you going to beat?

The Giants schedule is brutal, if you can't beat the Chargers at home, who are you going to beat?
upload_2017-10-9_18-12-44.jpeg

Giants fans Tom Coughlin calls Jerry Reese today and says I will give you a first round pick and conditional 2nd that could become another 1st with incentives for Eli Manning would you make that trade?

You get major draft capital. Can suck this year to get to Eli’s replacement and you do good by what is left in Kaiser’s HOF QB.

Giants fans Tom Coughlin calls Jerry Reese today and says I will give you a first round pick and conditional 2nd that could become another 1st with incentives for Eli Manning would you make that trade?

You get major draft capital. Can suck this year to get to Eli’s replacement and you do good by what is left in Kaiser’s HOF QB.
The Martyr Route.

It's what happened to Simms.

Except we got nothing when Reeves cut him.

Immediately the anti Eli faction joins the pro Eli faction and he is celebrated.

You are talking 'today' right? Geno starts v the broncos, we get a high pick and maybe a 4th...and Eli gets the rams, 1st place and TC??

Yes, id do it.

Basically only because of losing 4 WRs Sunday with 3 being for the year.

Add in no run game and a worse OL...

The Martyr Route.

It's what happened to Simms.

Except we got nothing when Reeves cut him.

Immediately the anti Eli faction joins the pro Eli faction and he is celebrated.

You are talking 'today' right? Geno starts v the broncos, we get a high pick and maybe a 4th...and Eli gets the rams, 1st place and TC??

Yes, id do it.

Basically only because of losing 4 WRs Sunday with 3 being for the year.

Add in no run game and a worse OL...
Jacksonville is a QB away from being a playoff team.
I am not an Eli fan but he makes them complete. The Giants would get a first round pick from the Jaguars this year and atleast a 2nd rounder next year. I would put conditions on it to make it another first:

Coughlin should be on the phones on with Reece now.
Giants would tank and get their replacement in a good QB draft.

it makes sense and I'd prob do it (esp if a 4th in a couple of years was added), but the real question is does Reese keep his job after the season? does making that trade lock him in as the genius who gets to make the picks or does it push him right out the door so the new regime can determine the teams fate?

Jacksonville is a QB away from being a playoff team.
I am not an Eli fan but he makes them complete. The Giants would get a first round pick from the Jaguars this year and atleast a 2nd rounder next year. I would put conditions on it to make it another first:

Coughlin should be on the phones on with Reece now.
Giants would tank and get their replacement in a good QB draft.
Well, the bad news is Reese wouldn't do it, but the good news is TC wouldn't call him, he'd call your boy Mara. He'd 1st have to get Eli's ok, and I'd imagine that'd be tampering as he has a no trade.

Problem is, That would be Mara pulling the plug on all 3.

Reese, Ben and Eli.

Obviously it's not going to happen, but in a vacuum it makes total sense.

I don't see the Giants doing that until the know for sure they will get a top 3 pick and a chance to get a franchise qb.

I don't see the Giants doing that until the know for sure they will get a top 3 pick and a chance to get a franchise qb.
If they traded Eli they would definitely go 2-14.

They are headed to 4-12/6-10 now.

If they traded Eli they would definitely go 2-14.

They are headed to 4-12/6-10 now.

They probably are, but lets say they win a few games and don't get a tip 3 pick, they are screwed.

They probably are, but lets say they win a few games and don't get a tip 3 pick, they are screwed.
Ahhh no.

They believe they have the next QB on he roster.

With a top 10 pick they can get their much needed OT...or 2 in the 2nd...or trade down and get a few picks and who knows??

We are all ok with Eli for at least 2 more years.

Ahhh no.

They believe they have the next QB on he roster.

With a top 10 pick they can get their much needed OT...or 2 in the 2nd...or trade down and get a few picks and who knows??

We are all ok with Eli for at least 2 more years.

Who Geno Smith lol? I think Eli has a couple of decent years left in him, but like the Colts did when they had the number one pick and got Luck, if you think you can get a future franchise qb, you have to pull the trigger.

Who Geno Smith lol? I think Eli has a couple of decent years left in him, but like the Colts did when they had the number one pick and got Luck, if you think you can get a future franchise qb, you have to pull the trigger.
Who's to say he won't be there at 5?

It doesn't always have to be a #1 or #2.

And when u factor in George and Leaf and Russell and Couch and Vince Young and Akili and...and..and...

Who's to say he won't be there at 5?

It doesn't always have to be a #1 or #2.

And when u factor in George and Leaf and Russell and Couch and Vince Young and Akili and...and..and...

Anything can happen, but the experts seem to think these qbs are all going 1,2,3, that can certainly change, but qbs usually go early.