New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

I think Schwartz did a real good job of masking the major deficiency at CB. Of course he was helped in that the DL was able to get enough pass rush on their own.

The one caveat on him as an HC candidate, other than the fact that he bombed with the Lions, is that, based on (admittedly anonymous) players' comments, he might have a pretty short shelf life as an HC. In other words, you're not the only one who thinks he's getting too much credit.

Good points, particularly the DL comment. Most teams in the NFL have to blitz to create pressure. Not Philly. I actually think LB (with Hicks gone) is a bigger deficiency than CB. Word I hear is that Schwartz is not the most lovable coach although some times that doesn't seem to matter much.

Paging MSOrange would Iowa fans be that upset if Ferentz and has top 10 salary went elsewhere.

Most fan bases always think they can do better elsewhere. What established HC are they going to get to replace him? A lot of HCs are overpaid.

In 19 seasons Ferentz has been to a New Year's Day bowl game 9 times and has had double digit wins 5 times. He's not a top ten coach but he's a lot closer to the top than he is to the bottom.

Paging MSOrange would Iowa fans be that upset if Ferentz and has top 10 salary went elsewhere.

Sorry I missed this. I honestly think it's really about half and half. There are a lot of fans that are frustrated that they'll have a great season , extend him and give him a raise and then he'll go back to 8 wins. But the other half are probably similar to me in that I'm not sure that Iowa can realistically expect to do much better than that. The fan support is excellent and they just built a new football facility and the assistants are paid well. Heck the strength coach makes $600k. But it's not an easy place to recruit competing against the other Big 10 schools and now with Iowa State coming on. They really have to develop their players, which I think accounts for only the occasional great season. Most of their roster is homegrown Iowa players, many of which aren't particularly highly rated. It's really hard to tell if another coach could do much better. They've only had 2 coaches in the past 40 years with Hayden Fry and Ferentz. Personally, I think it would be a case of be careful what you wish for if he left, although I would probably pump the brakes about making the contract so hard to get out of after every great season.

The guy might be the most underrated coach in the country, does more with less than anyone.
A poke fan talking to us about overrated...awesome.

Going to go stand in a swamp for 5 hours, then see who Gettleman let play...talk on the other side...

We are really going to go ahead and give away the #2 pick in week 17...

Come on Indy!

Jimmy Johnson said the Giants should take a QB because this opportunity doesn't come around a lot (I'm paraphrasing).

So I got Jimmy Johnson and Francesa (Darnold, specifically with him) on picking a QB.

2018-Opponents-nofooter.jpg

Looks like McDaniels unless it’s an upset by Schwartz or Patricia.

Got to think Bill has told him to take it.

Looks like McDaniels unless it’s an upset by Schwartz or Patricia.

Got to think Bill has told him to take it.
Belichick will advise him to take the Giants job over the Colts job.
Those are the top 2 for McDaniels.
He would want him an NFC spot over working for that dolt Irsay.

Patricia to Detroit makes sense as well. With Detroit GM coming from NE.

Belichick will advise him to take the Giants job over the Colts job.
Those are the top 2 for McDaniels.
He would want him an NFC spot over working for that dolt Irsay.

Patricia to Detroit makes sense as well. With Detroit GM coming from NE.
Hadn’t followed that, makes sense.

With McDaniel, they keep Eli and go for it.

Could still draft a QB, but I’d be thinking about trading down.

Didn't realize that Patricia spent three years as a Grad Assistant at SU. Can we consider him part of our coaching tree?

Trade down from 2 to Cleveland, Grab an OL, draft Jaylen Samuels, then grab Ryan Finley to groom behind Eli.