New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Eli has completed over 70% of his passes and is 5th in the league in yards.

Management, also thinks they have the next QB on the roster, if the season tanks...provided Reese doesn't get fired, we will move back.

While I've given up on the NFL till next week, I haven't given up on playoffs for Big Blue.

We were 2-3 last year you know...
Cmon Eli has been hot garbage for 2.5 out of 3 games.

Yards are irrelevant Brady is on pace to break the passing record and I think that is irrelevant. Eye ball test Eli relies on yards after catch.

The OL wasn't bad yesterday. Giants are done if they lose Sunday. You guys aren't winning in Denver so a loss Sunday to means at best you guys will be 2-5 at the bye.

The whole problem with Eli is that his stats make him look better than he is. The guy is a bottom half QB now and he hasn't been a top 5 guy ever and he gets the excuses of his roster when the guy is just isn't elite.

Yards are irrelevant Brady is on pace to break the passing record and I think that is irrelevant. Eye ball test Eli relies on yards after catch.

The OL wasn't bad yesterday. Giants are done if they lose Sunday. You guys aren't winning in Denver so a loss Sunday to means at best you guys will be 2-5 at the bye.

The whole problem with Eli is that his stats make him look better than he is. The guy is a bottom half QB now and he hasn't been a top 5 guy ever and he gets the excuses of his roster when the guy is just isn't elite.
The OLine is hot gargage...not 1 person in America doesn't think that way.

We wasted a stupid pick on a QB in the 3rd this year, they will go down with that mistake in 3 or 4 years or they will be happy, regardless...even at 0-16, they won't take a QB.

I though his stats are what made him look worse???

Eli, is not a problem.

Now 'Black Eli' as his mom calls him, well he...IS.

And can somebody please tell me when BJ Goodson got hurt??!!

Last I saw him, he was making 18 tackles v the pokes then on the Friday before the lions he shows up on the injury report and misses 2 games.

That was embarrassing.

Now cover your ears and eyes kids...if the Giants were 3-0 I'd bench him for a qtr or half next week, since they're not...well...

But, yesterday was all about channeling the 2015 team and finding ways to lose.

Disgusting

Whats disgusting is he keeps putting your team in big holes by getting these penalties, is he going to have to lose a game that costs you your season before someone finally says something to him.

Whats disgusting is he keeps putting your team in big holes by getting these penalties, is he going to have to lose a game that costs you your season before someone finally says something to him.
Who OBJ??

John Jerry??? Oh man did my head and phone explode on that 1.

The 2 a game on Flowers??

The 1 a game on Black Eli?? 2 yesterday for over 70yds!!

As for OBJ, eyeballs and tv cameras follow him.

Go be a jackass on the sideline, everyone will see anyway and yeah, it's would save us 15.

Yesterday was appalling.

Eli has completed over 70% of his passes and is 5th in the league in yards.

Management, also thinks they have the next QB on the roster, if the season tanks...provided Reese doesn't get fired, we will move back.

While I've given up on the NFL till next week, I haven't given up on playoffs for Big Blue.

We were 2-3 last year you know...

You shouldn't give up because 10 Ws will win the NFC East, maybe even 9-7.

One reason why the OL looked a little better yesterday is that Fletcher Cox and Jordan Hicks, the two best Philly defenders, went down with injuries in the first half. Cox is probably the best interior pass rusher in the NFC.

Chris Mad Dog Russo rips Tisch and Mara: "Put your money where your big fat mouth is. Cut Geno Smith and sign Kaepernick."

Chris Mad Dog Russo rips Tisch and Mara: "Put your money where your big fat mouth is. Cut Geno Smith and sign Kaepernick."

Fair point. Right or wrong it will never happen.

Someone please tell the Dog that Geno has been a Giant now for 6 months and 10 straight weeks of camp & games and we are not cutting the #2 for any QB who not only doesn't know the playbook, but is as bad a QB as kap.

Last edited:
Someone please tell the Dog that Geno has been a Giant now for 6 months and 10 straight weeks of camp & games and we are not cutting the #2 for any QB who not only doesn't know the playbook, but is as a QB as kap.

Somehow that never enters into the calculus of the various Kaepernick Employment Agency staffers out there. The guy is basically a read option only QB, not very accurate and tends to have his eyes on the oncoming traffic and not his WRs downfield. Then you have to deal with the media circus? Not worth it.

Sounds like you’ve got your mind made up regardless.

The OL completely murdered any semblance of offensive hope for 2.5/3 games.

And of course in crunch time they f’d it up by not only sucking at blocking, but getting moronic penalties too. Jerry’s penalty for not letting the player get off the field that took away the first down was enormous.

The OLine is hot gargage...not 1 person in America doesn't think that way.

We wasted a stupid pick on a QB in the 3rd this year, they will go down with that mistake in 3 or 4 years or they will be happy, regardless...even at 0-16, they won't take a QB.

I though his stats are what made him look worse???

Eli, is not a problem.

Now 'Black Eli' as his mom calls him, well he...IS.

And can somebody please tell me when BJ Goodson got hurt??!!

Last I saw him, he was making 18 tackles v the pokes then on the Friday before the lions he shows up on the injury report and misses 2 games.

Yeah. I had no idea that Goodson or Jenkins(arguably our best defensive player !) were hurt for week 2 because all they talked about was Beckham all week. Sports media does a horrible job in actually covering sports. They cover the spectacles and sideshows and that’s about it.

Sounds like you’ve got your mind made up regardless.

The OL completely murdered any semblance of offensive hope for 2.5/3 games.

And of course in crunch time they ’d it up by not only sucking at blocking, but getting moronic penalties too. Jerry’s penalty for not letting the player get off the field that took away the first down was enormous.
You think Eli has been above average outside of the 2nd half the last game?

I get you guys are loyal to him but I am just using the eye test. The guy takes crap but he isn't that good.

I said to Kaiser Eli Manning is Johnny Damon of the NFL. Really good player not elite. 2 titles, tons of clutch moments but overall not the elite.

Note being Johnny Damon isn't an insult either. He is a great player.

Yeah. I had no idea that Goodson or Jenkins(arguably our best defensive player !) were hurt for week 2 because all they talked about was Beckham all week. Sports media does a horrible job in actually covering sports. They cover the spectacles and sideshows and that’s about it.
If I hear Cris Collinsworth say Jackrabbit Jenkins one more time.

The dude is your best corner no corner but Collinsworth loved saying Jackrabbit.

His penalty yesterday didn’t hurt them. The ball got returned to the 29 and Philly did nothing on that possession. So it was meaningless.

I have no idea what the rule is for TD celebrations. Last I knew there couldn’t be anything “choreographed” with teammates, and no props. Beyond that, it seems completely random. I have no idea why they flagged Engram after his TD against Detroit. Beckham being a peeing dog was pretty childish and stupid looking, not sure what rule it broke though.

I get you guys are loyal to him but I am just using the eye test. The guy takes crap but he isn't that good.

I said to Kaiser Eli Manning is Johnny Damon of the NFL. Really good player not elite. 2 titles, tons of clutch moments but overall not the elite.

Im saying he didn’t have a chance to do anything in those first two games.

No Beckham, no pass protection, and no running game means there was absolutely nothing available out there on almost every play. What’s he supposed to do?

And I still don’t understand the gotta control the ball to the ground rule on TDs, when you’re out of bounds. Shepherd caught the ball and got 3-4 feet in before going out of the end zone where he dropped the ball after he hit the ground. So what?? Why is that a rule? He already scored!

I see players catch the ball, run out of bounds and drop the ball all the time.

Stupid rules make me enjoy the sport less. That was a TD and it cost us the game. Makes zero sense.

Im saying he didn’t have a chance to do anything in those first two games.

No Beckham, no pass protection, and no running game means there was absolutely nothing available out there on almost every play. What’s he supposed to do?
No excuse to score 3 points at Dallas.

The Dallas D is not that good.

The running backs, Marshall, Shepard, Engram is enough to score more than 3 points.

If the OL is bad then stop the 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB personnel. The Giants have used that formation 85% of the time in the last 19 games according to NexGen stats.

The OL is getting no help. The coaching is not changing it up.

All I know is that Eli Manning went 8 games in a row without scoring 20 points that is insane. That isn't on the OL the QB is the one who gets the credit and the. Blame.

The running backs, Marshall, Shepard, Engram is enough to score more than 3 points.

If the OL is bad then stop the 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB personnel. The Giants have used that formation 85% of the time in the last 19 games according to NexGen stats.

All I know is that Eli Manning went 8 games in a row without scoring 20 points that is insane. That isn't on the OL the QB is the one who gets the credit and the. Blame.

Like I said, the OL made everything else irrelevant.

And Eli isn’t deciding which formations they’re using.

Worst OL in football. That’s who gets most of the blame if we’re being honest and actually talking about what’s happened. Anything else is just agenda stuff.

His penalty yesterday didn’t hurt them. The ball got returned to the 29 and Philly did nothing on that possession. So it was meaningless.

I have no idea what the rule is for TD celebrations. Last I knew there couldn’t be anything “choreographed” with teammates, and no props. Beyond that, it seems completely random. I have no idea why they flagged Engram after his TD against Detroit. Beckham being a peeing dog was pretty childish and stupid looking, not sure what rule it broke though.

Its not the point, it easily could have, it almost cost you one last year. One of these days hes going to cost you a game because of it.

Except hes Derek Jeter, not Damon.

The man with the Rings, the Stats and a Leader.

That's just idiotic.

No car runs without an engine. No matter how pretty the paint job is and Mack the tires are.

I Blame coaching and management for a lot...

They are the reason we have a bad OL and fortified it by picking a QB in rnd 3 so we now having 2 useless spots on the roster instead of more OL or another LB etc...

Eli, is NOT the problem.

Last edited:
Giants OL is not working. We need to fix it. But if we somehow ended up with the first pick, I don't see how we don't go with Rosen (or another QB).

But since we'll win enough to not be in the top 2, I don't think it will matter. We'll have to take another OT (I think there are 1-2 that are in the top 10 projections).

I don't think Eli is the problem right now, but he could easily be the problem next year or the year after. He's old. Never been mobile and due for some kind of injury.

Coaching is really worrying me more than anything. Need something to click. This team has the talent to rip off 4-5 wins in a row.

And my Bills are 2-1 Did the world turn upside down Saturday when I went to sleep.

Another 4th quarter, another shanked punt by Wing. Ridiculous.