New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

and the giants lose after that terrible non PI call that lead to the illegal touching.

I'm just about done with the McAdoo/Reese era. This offense just doesn't fit what Eli does. No running game/OL (Reese), dinks and dunks all over (McAdoo), etc. I know it's not how the Giants operate, but I would not be unhappy to see them both gone tomorrow.

These guys are extremely unlikeable. Should be sitting on 2-2 in a junk division

Only positive was the OL played better. The amount of big mistakes in big spots is crazy. Very disappointed in the defense the last two weeks. Vernon’s injury is big because he was playing great, but it doesn’t explain the botched coverages that gave them big plays, the missed tackles, Apple refusing to turn his head and play the ball on potential TD passes, etc. Even Collins made a couple big mistakes in coverage. They’re just not coming through.

Only positive was the OL played better. The amount of big mistakes in big spots is crazy. Very disappointed in the defense the last two weeks. Vernon’s injury is big because he was playing great, but it doesn’t explain the botched coverages that gave them big plays, the missed tackles, Apple refusing to turn his head and play the ball on potential TD passes, etc. Even Collins made a couple big mistakes in coverage. They’re just not coming through.

Brandon Marshall hasn't been an upgrade on a one legged Victor Cruz.

Brandon Marshall hasn't been an upgrade on a one legged Victor Cruz.
I think he has.

Thus my opinion of the salsa dancer...

My lord, was tbat nice uncomfortable touchdown celabratiom as opposed to what we see if a certain jackass doesn't run out of bounds...

I think he has.

Thus my opinion of the salsa dancer...

My lord, was tbat nice uncomfortable touchdown celabratiom as opposed to what we see if a certain jackass doesn't run out of bounds...

Marshall cannot catch. This isn't the Jets.

Honestly gimme one of those runty kids the Pats throw out there, just one.

Nice to see the Giants best back getting the first 3 games off.

I'm just about done with the McAdoo/Reese era. This offense just doesn't fit what Eli does. No running game/OL (Reese), dinks and dunks all over (McAdoo), etc. I know it's not how the Giants operate, but I would not be unhappy to see them both gone tomorrow.
Yup. Get Eli's replacement at #1. Get a new Coach and GM. Get players that are serious about this kid's game.

Yup. Get Eli's replacement at #1. Get a new Coach and GM. Get players that are serious about this kid's game.

I really don’t think this team is bad enough to get that high of a pick. There’s talent there. Easily could’ve won the last two weeks. Remember that one year they started 0-6 and I think finished 7-9. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do something similar.

If they lose at home to the Chargers next week though? Then I’ll probably change my tune.

I really don’t think this team is bad enough to get that high of a pick. There’s talent there. Easily could’ve won the last two weeks. Remember that one year they started 0-6 and I think finished 7-9. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do something similar.

If they lose at home to the Chargers next week though? Then I’ll probably change my tune.
Of course they should be at least 2-2 but bad teams find a way to lose. Last week was a historic loss and this week was the same. The only difference was the length of the FG. Dropped passes. Failure to convert a key first down. Bad tackling. Bad penalties. Shanked punt. I've been watching the Giants since the QB's were Fran Tarkenton and Norm Snead and Freddie Dryer was still a football player. This team has no heart. It has no soul. It has no drive.

Of course they should be at least 2-2 but bad teams find a way to lose. Last week was a historic loss and this week was the same. The only difference was the length of the FG. Dropped passes. Failure to convert a key first down. Bad tackling. Bad penalties. Shanked punt. I've been watching the Giants since the QB's were Fran Tarkenton and Norm Snead and Freddie Dryer was still a football player. This team has no heart. It has no soul. It has no drive.
Your last line is quite troublesome...for it was my take as well.

I really didn't want to see it echoed anywhere.

I can only imagine the joys today's papers will bring.

Agreed, they looked like the Jets did through most of last year. Not a team, just a lot of guys with similar jobs and no belief in what they're doing. I know it's not the NYG way, but I'd be surprised if the organization puts up with this much longer.

Your last line is quite troublesome...for it was my take as well.

I really didn't want to see it echoed anywhere.

I can only imagine the joys today's papers will bring.

Well, when your most talented player cares not a whit for the team and seems to be more interested in making a spectacle of himself rather than winning football games, and management repeatedly allows it to happen, how do you expect the rest of the team to react?

Well, when your most talented player cares not a whit for the team and seems to be more interested in making a spectacle of himself rather than winning football games, and management repeatedly allows it to happen, how do you expect the rest of the team to react?

If OBJ didn't care for the team, he would have milked his ankle injury and sat out the 4th quarter.

Hobbled or not, he was in the game at the end.

If OBJ didn't care for the team, he would have milked his ankle injury and sat out the 4th quarter.

He was. But he is way too much about me and not enough about team...

I get your point, but regardless I think his "Me, me, me" antics are just in the way right now, and he should be able to sense that.

The HC will get fired but is it really his fault? I mean they have the worst OL in football and he didn't pick those guys did he?

The guy who picked Flowers should have been shown the door already. Talk about a bust.

The HC will get fired but is it really his fault? I mean they have the worst OL in football and he didn't pick those guys did he?

The guy who picked Flowers should have been shown the door already. Talk about a bust.
The OL, as shitty as it is, hasn't been a problem since they moved Pugh to RT and moved Jones to G...but the D??!!!

The perceived strength of the team!!!

2 games in row now, Eli has handed them 4th Qtr leads after magnificent comebacks...only to see them arm tackle it away.

The OL, as shitty as it is, hasn't been a problem since they moved Pugh to RT and moved Jones to G...but the D??!!!

The perceived strength of the team!!!

2 games in row now, Eli has handed them 4th Qtr leads after magnificent comebacks...only to see them arm tackle it away.

They also left points on the table. Get that 3 early, hit the next 3. Catch a first down pass.

Or for the Philly game maybe don't friggin hold a guy as he's getting off the field.

Syracuse has a better punt game right now.

They also left points on the table. Get that 3 early, hit the next 3. Catch a first down pass.

Or for the Philly game maybe don't friggin hold a guy as he's getting off the field.

Syracuse has a better punt game right now.
All good points.

As for that penalty in philly, that should've never been called.

That guy runs through our line and backfield then heads for the sideline??

How about encroachment?

Or better, how about the ref leaving his hanky in his pocket as that was 1 weird moment.

So furious, this is the 1st Sunday home game of the year, and the season is basically over.

All good points.

As for that penalty in philly, that should've never been called.

That guy runs through our line and backfield then heads for the sideline??

How about encroachment?

Or better, how about the ref leaving his hanky in his pocket as that was 1 weird moment.

So furious, this is the 1st Sunday home game of the year, and the season is basically over.

Yeah, but just don't do that, it's still undisciplined. They do so many undisciplined things, the refs naturally look for it.

I mean...they’re gonna pull SOME of these out. They’re not going to keep losing heartbreakers every week. Two years ago they lost a ton of them and still won 6 games. Last year they pulled most of those types of games out and won 11.

I’d be shocked if this team goes 3-13 or something that’s in contention for the #1 pick.

He was. But he is way too much about me and not enough about team...

Eh, I think he wants to win badly. He’s just a weirdo who doesn’t know how to channel his emotions like a lot of WRs.

His teammates seem to like him, which to me is always an indicator.

He did make questionable decisions to go for it on 4th early in both weeks 3 and 4, and it backfired and we lost by a FG both times.

With this OL and running game, I wouldn’t go for it until I had to because we’re so one
dimensional and thus predictable and easy to
defend in those situations. Take the points
When they are there.