New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Sick of seeing these guys celebrating every single good play they make when they've literally trailed every second of the season too.

Yeah the NYG D has a lot of chirpers that prance and pose after every tackle.

I don't watch much NFL but the announcer just mentioned the Lions' Greg Robinson & I kid you not, a chill went up my spine. It's legitimate PTSD. I now understand what "triggered" feels like.

EDIT: A random girl standing next to me at the bar noticed my reaction & actually asked "are you okay?". Why am I posting this instead of playing the sympathy angle with her???

Manning must be related to Gumby. He took a shot that I have no idea how he got up to continue playing. The guy is struggling but he's amazingly durable.

Someone tell McAdoo to drop the Cheesecake Factory menu with like 1000 plays on it and get a play sheet with less plays.

He looks clueless every time they show him on the sidelines.

Manning must be related to Gumby. He took a shot that I have no idea how he got up to continue playing. The guy is struggling but he's amazingly durable.
Eli's struggling? Struggling to survive?

IMG_1092.JPG

And Marshall drops it. PR for a TD.

This team blows. Bed time.

Marshall dropped a pass right in his hands? Gee, that's never happened before ... :rolleyes:

I really dont know what's worse, the play calling of the (lack of) execution

I really dont know what's worse, the play calling of the (lack of) execution
Execution for sure... Everybody runs the same concepts... I'll give anybody the X's & O's if they give me the Jimmy's and the Joe's... And I'll win.

They look like a team that has no belief in itself. And their O-line is making the Jets' OL appear competent.

Execution for sure... Everybody runs the same concepts... I'll give anybody the X's & O's if they give me the Jimmy's and the Joe's... And I'll win.

you sure? 4th and last gasp so lets throw it a yard short of the sticks

Giants offense is so bad

This coming from a bills fan

It's entirely Odell dependent

Engram will help but manning won't throw the ball down the field consistently and he's not a threat with his legs which hurts when you're line sucks

No running game

Defense has looked average so far

14 games left but would be surprised if they make the playoffs honestly, tough division and I like Tampa Bay this year as a wild card favorite

They look like a team that has no belief in itself. And their O-line is making the Jets' OL appear competent.
The worst part is, the rest of the roster is legit... Outside of some bad drops tonight.

Take away just the drops and Eli's at least 27-32 for over 3 bills and a minimum 2-0... With no run game... And in the face of blinding pressure all night...

Reese is the worst... His horrendous talent evaluation was masked by two things:

1) Accorsi's '07 roster
2) A 2011 hot streak

Reese has been horrendous for a decade and kept full support of the organization... It's mind boggling.

This year's version literally cannot function on O bc of the front 5's ineptitude. Their best player is J. Pugh, whom I love, but in all reality should be the 4th or 5th best at best, and a RG.

you sure? 4th and last gasp so lets throw it a yard short of the sticks
Positive. You think it was drawn up for Odell to break at 7 when he needed 10?

Eight straight games without scoring 20. Coaching has to eat some of that.

Eight straight games without scoring 20. Coaching has to eat some of that.

Without a doubt... I'm not talking about the last 8 though... Reese is the biggest con-man South of Santa's house.

Without a doubt... I'm not talking about the last 8 though... Reese is the biggest con-man South of Santa's house.

I remember b4 the start of the 2016 season it was well known that Reese was on the hot seat. But then they went 11-5 and the heat diminished a bit. Now it's back on.

I remember b4 the start of the 2016 season it was well known that Reese was on the hot seat. But then they went 11-5 and the heat diminished a bit. Now it's back on.
It should be. He can thank Ernie Accorsi for the 07 season and 08 Super Bowl. He was about to get canned in 2011 before they went on the run in won the 12 Super Bowl. And then, as you said, was bailed out last year with a handful of free-agent hits.

The guy should spend the rest of his life pulling the goddamn lever on every slot machine west of the Mississippi.

May literally be the worst talent evaluator I've ever seen for an NFL GM. I mean, his draft record is borderline abysmal.

3rd and 14 from your own 10 in the First, call a run
40 secs and 3 TOs left in the first half of a game you are losing, just give up

no amount of talent can regularly make calls like that work

3rd and 14 from your own 10 in the First, call a run
40 secs and 3 TOs left in the first half of a game you are losing, just give up

no amount of talent can regularly make calls like that work
I disagree.

The draw, I also disagree with but I get.

Sitting on the ball to go to half? First off you knew it was coming. If they were going to try to drive they would've used a TO when Detroit was stopped on 3rd, when there was still 1:12 on the clock. They had already made the decision.

They were getting the ball at half. My bet? McAdoo just wanted to get to half and clean up/make adjustments.

If they're executing like they should, those decisions become moot.

Again, not how I'd handle the same situations, but those were minor transgressions compared to the whole imo.

Ray Handley is alive and well and back coaching at the Meadowlands. What a piss poor performance by the Giants. The Lions might surprise some people this year but the Giants performance last night made them out to be the Monsters of the Midway. I've never seen a Giants coached team make so few in game adjustments and the players basically gave up. I feel bad for the people who paid their hard earned money to go celebrate the 10 year SB team.

People can complain about Reese all they want, and it is well deserved, but I don't get the offense. The team added a fullback and added more TE's and still showed nothing on offense. Even though Flowers sucks, how can they not make adjustments to protect Eli. Not to mention the lack of a running game. Was that Shane Vereen or Ben Vereen we were watching. He's not the player he once was.

If I was the Giants, my first move this morning would be to cut Brandon Marshall. What a fricken embarrassment from a former Pro Bowl player. Send a message to the team. Get rid of non performers and bring in some people who want to do well.

Giants offense is so bad

This coming from a bills fan

It's entirely Odell dependent

Engram will help but manning won't throw the ball down the field consistently and he's not a threat with his legs which hurts when you're line sucks

No running game

Defense has looked average so far

14 games left but would be surprised if they make the playoffs honestly, tough division and I like Tampa Bay this year as a wild card favorite

Defense only gave up 17, and 7 of those were on a really short field after Eli's pick. Should've been 10. They got good pressure on Stafford all night. Missing Jenkins and Goodson, I thought they played well. Played well enough to win against Dallas too.

No dominant performances yet, but good...especially considering the circumstances they're being put in.

Defense only gave up 17, and 7 of those were on a really short field after Eli's pick. Should've been 10. They got good pressure on Stafford all night. Missing Jenkins and Goodson, I thought they played well. Played well enough to win against Dallas too.

No dominant performances yet, but good...especially considering the circumstances they're being put in.
Giants D is elite.
If the Patriots had the Giants D they wouldn't lose because of their offense.

The Giants have enough weapons.
The personnel are used in a formation that isolates their OL into 1 on 1s.and Eli has regressed.

Giants need to stop the 3 WR widely sets every play and mix in more 2 TE sets and give the OL help.
You can't spread the D out every play unless your QB can get rid of it fast or the OL can block.