News Flash! 31 - 1 Regular Season Record... | Syracusefan.com

News Flash! 31 - 1 Regular Season Record...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
means absolutely ZERO in the post season. Better fix lots of stuff fast or theiy are an early out.

means absolutely ZERO in the post season. Better fix lots of stuff fast or theiy are an early out.
Its one game. We got beat. Lots of time to work on stuff this week. Jbs comments were spot on about the ncass. This game will be a distant memory a week from now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It just sucks that every other team in the country is perfect.

Its one game. We got beat. Lots of time to work on stuff this week. Jbs comments were spot on about the ncass. This game will be a distant memory a week from now.

It is not one game. For weeks now, people have been talking about:
1. Slow starts
2. Bad rebounding
3. Scoop, KJ & Triche being so up-and-down they are unreliable (thank God for depth!)
4. Ending the season in a way that suggests they peaked a while ago, etc. etc.
I'm sure JB doesn't have his orange colored glasses on.

The team isn't as good as they were a month a go. That's reality despite the record. They were destroying people now they are struggling offensively in a big way. The so called senior leaders aren't leading. That's it in a nutshell

It is not one game. For weeks now, people have been talking about:
1. Slow starts
2. Bad rebounding
3. Scoop, KJ & Triche being so up-and-down they are unreliable (thank God for depth!)
4. Ending the season in a way that suggests they peaked a while ago, etc. etc.
I'm sure JB doesn't have his orange colored glasses on.
We outrebounded them yesterday if i am not mistaken. Peaked a while ago? We were 31-1 with a backloaded schedule!

The inferior complex if some of our fan base is pathetic. One loss and we all of a sudden have more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. Just stop.

Dion Waiters won't let this team lose in the tournament. He's breaking out and is gonna carry us to New Orleans. The kid is a stud and is gonna do what Melo did. Book it.

Look you're in denial if you don't see that this team isn't as good as they were. They've gone from down right dominant to vulnerable It's not self-esteem it's reality. Offensively they look lost

HAte to burst any bubbles here, but we were 30-1 in the reg season...

Ive been as hard on this team as anybody after last night but our schedule really was backloaded like crazy. We played way tougher competition down the stretch than any of the other top teams and that might be why weve been so unimpressive and not winning by 20 every game. If we played UK's stretch run I think we would be alot more confident.

Ive been as hard on this team as anybody after last night but our schedule really was backloaded like crazy. We played way tougher competition down the stretch than any of the other top teams and that might be why weve been so unimpressive and not winning by 20 every game. If we played UK's stretch run I think we would be alot more confident.
I think we win in the first 3 rounds by 15+ points each game, then people will wake up and start realizing how special this team is.

I think we win in the first 3 rounds by 15+ points each game, then people will wake up and start realizing how special this team is.
I really do agree with this. I feel like this loss might have been needed and we're going to see how scary good we actually are. I expect way more from our upperclassmen and even though I have no idea how they couldnt get up for the BE tourney, the NCAA's has been the goal all year. This is their moment, their legacy and if you go by their comments they are focused. Hopefully the play starts to reflect that.

I also agree with you on Dion. He is about to EXPLODE onto the national scene in a big way.

Look the schedule wasn't really backloaded. UCON and Louisville are not that good. They are mediocre like the rest of the league. SU has been struggling offensively for a month now. They just aren't making shots

The team isn't as good as they were a month a go. That's reality despite the record. They were destroying people now they are struggling offensively in a big way. The so called senior leaders aren't leading. That's it in a nutshell

We've also been playing better teams the last month. The BE schedule was rather backloaded. The only game against a "bad" team in the last month was Rutgers. Before that was Seton Hall, DePaul, Providence (twice), Pitt, Villanova and St. Johns.

In reality, they haven't destroyed many people since early January...a few but not many. Most of the destroying came against the weak sisters of the schedule. We have struggled in the halfcourt all year. That is nothing new. I'm not saying it's not a flaw but it's not a flaw that just suddenly appeared recently.

Look the schedule wasn't really backloaded. UCON and Louisville are not that good. They are mediocre like the rest of the league. SU has been struggling offensively for a month now. They just aren't making shots
Louisville is good. UConn played fairly well against us all 3 times.

What people don't get is that when you're 31-2 people get up for you more than they do other teams. We got teams best shot night in and night out and responded.
In reality, they haven't destroyed many people since early January...a few but not many. Most of the destroying came against the weak sisters of the schedule. We have struggled in the halfcourt all year. That is nothing new. I'm not saying it's not a flaw but it's not a flaw that just suddenly appeared recently.
Weak sisters? You mean like the SEC?

Whatever dude. Louisville is in the title game. We whipped them last week.

Ask how many teams in the tourney would rather not see Ville or UCONN in their bracket...I guarantee you alot of them. I think you're downplaying the defenses of the Big East.

Look you're in denial if you don't see that this team isn't as good as they were. They've gone from down right dominant to vulnerable It's not self-esteem it's reality. Offensively they look lost

This is what you're reminding me of:

If JB or the players realize that they need to get out and cover Cincinnati shooters a few minutes prior to the 5 minute mark in the first half, rather than just collapsing on Gates, or Triche, Melo & KJ hit a few free throws, and SU wins that game last night. They may have looked bad early, but they out played Cincinnati for the last 25 minutes of the game. If this happens, noone is complaining.

Wow, the bar is set really, really low around here. Whoever said that Cuse fans have low self esteem about their team, is about as right as they can be!

Ya who were these weak teams?

Look it up for yourself dude...non-conference season we killed people. We killed the Johnnies and a few of the BE nobodies. But then when we got into the meat of the BE slate, things got tougher. We still won those games though. Perhaps you think we should be blowing everyone out, I don't know.

Even last night, our scoring problem was limited to the first half; we hung 45 points on Cincy after intermission

If JB or the players realize that they need to get out and cover Cincinnati shooters a few minutes prior to the 5 minute mark in the first half, rather than just collapsing on Gates, or Triche, Melo & KJ hit a few free throws, and SU wins that game last night. They may have looked bad early, but they out played Cincinnati for the last 25 minutes of the game. If this happens, noone is complaining.

Wow, the bar is set really, really low around here. Whoever said that Cuse fans have low self esteem about their team, is about as right as they can be!
I don't know man, UC couldn't hit anythign in the 2nd half till the end but Gates was having his way downlow.

UC couldn't hit anything the last 5 minutes of the first half, and all of the second half because SU's defense finally made the adjustment and expanded to take away the 3. They just waited too long to make the adjustment. Go look at the box score, SU was down 17 when they finally decided that UC could hit 3's and they better start guarding them, because stopping Gates wasn't going to get it done. By the end of the game they had got it down to 1. +16 after the adjustment. And that includes Triche and Joseph not being able to hit free throws. I'll give Melo slack on that, he hasn't done it all year, but Triche and KJ have good FT% and they are upperclassmen. When your trying your hardest to come back, you have to hit those FT's.

fact

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom