Next 7 games | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Next 7 games

The couple of times we have pressed Virginia over the years has seemed to rattle them.
I wish JB would release the trunk monkey for good portions of the game. We have the depth this year but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Not that this matters but Joe has his Bracketology out already and we’re nowhere near the line even
Gots work to do
Not surprising at all, and we shouldn’t even think they’re anywhere near the line. 0 quad 1/2 wins and 2 quad 3 losses is not a tournament resume, not a single “good” win. This discussion will only resume after Syracuse gets a quad 1 and 2 win

Not surprising at all, and we shouldn’t even think they’re anywhere near the line. 0 quad 1/2 wins and 2 quad 3 losses is not a tournament resume, not a single “good” win. This discussion will only resume after Syracuse gets a quad 1 and 2 win
That's why I feel like the ceiling this season is NIT.

Because the league doesn't have any dominant teams this year, every team will have to scratch and claw for wins in every game. The so called "bad" programs right now are not that far removed from the "top" programs. The "on any given night" philosophy will play itself out multiple times over the next couple of months.

The advantage for the lower tier teams is that the can play free and easy with no pressure since they will be in the wait till next year mentally (or let's hope for a miracle run in the ACC tournament). Playing with nothing to lose can be a huge advantage when playing a team that might be a little tight and feel the pressure to keep post season hopes alive.

Have a feeling UVA is going to really sag off Judah to prevent him from getting to the basket. I’d imagine they use Clark as a de facto center fielder.
I was thinking Bennet will put Clark on JGIII and let Beekman or Franklin guard Judah. But like you say, sag off and play rover.

6-1 wouldn't be bad, if we hadn't performed so badly in the OOC portion of the schedule.

Sometimes you lose games you shouldn't to conference opponents -- happens all the time.

But combined with the erratic start to the season, it's a bad loss [so was Bryant, and so was Colgate quite frankly].

I'd feel a LOT better about this year's team if we'd gotten those W's.
If we’d pulled out those nail-biters against Pitt and Bryant (stupid mistakes and Hima, Benny and Judah being out cost us the Bryant game), I’d feel much better. Throw in SJU too, a game we could have won and blew in regulation, and we only have two losses. I could live with the Colgate loss b/c it was so early and we’re a young team. Anyhow, lots and lots of work to do. We need Benny to really turn it on in ACC play. He must start playing well consistently and Jesse needs to toughen up inside.

I think UVA will show a blueprint on how everyone will defend us for the rest of the year. Swarm jesse, hard face guard on Joe and give Judah about three feet.

I think UVA will show a blueprint on how everyone will defend us for the rest of the year. Swarm jesse, hard face guard on Joe and give Judah about three feet.
In high school Judah shot like 45% from 3. At some point he's going to start punishing teams for sagging off him. The question is when.

In high school Judah shot like 45% from 3. At some point he's going to start punishing teams for sagging off him. The question is when.
TV commentators often mentioned JG3 averaged 50+ points in his junior and senior years in high school. Does New York state high schools have divisions like college division I, II and III? What kind of competition did JG3 face in high school?

TV commentators often mentioned JG3 averaged 50+ points in his junior and senior years in high school. Does New York state high schools have divisions like college division I, II and III? What kind of competition did JG3 face in high school?
He was class b. There are two levels above that - A and AA.

He was class b. There are two levels above that - A and AA.
"What's half of DD?" "B+? No B-. It's closer to the D."

1673038440426.png

I think teams already know this, right? I mean, if you coached a team against us, isn't it obvious that's what you ought to do? The question is whether they can execute that plan and what we can do to make them pay for trying.

Need to take the games one at a time. Should never look that far ahead. Team needs to focus on each opponent and that is all they should think about.

The obvious way to play SU right now is let the forwards try and beat you. I think every opponent has known this. We just look better when one or two of our forwards play well. They don't need to be great.

I think teams already know this, right? I mean, if you coached a team against us, isn't it obvious that's what you ought to do? The question is whether they can execute that plan and what we can do to make them pay for trying.
Laying off Judah at much more obvious levels and I don't think Jesse has drawn that many double teams.

Laying off Judah at much more obvious levels and I don't think Jesse has drawn that many double teams.
We've also played mediocre competition, for the most part. The recipe on how to beat us is already out there. It's just a matter of whether a team can execute that or we can make them pay at over/under playing certain players.

We need to play press and speed this game up. It will take a perfect game to win playing our standard D. We have to create tempo

need to stop kehei on defense...i hope they can try to put some size on him...i would love to see copeland or taylor at the 2 and swarm clark, especially if symir is still out...to me, if you stop him, should be a good chance of winning

D school. Small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom