Next 7 games | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Next 7 games

Clemson drubbed Richmond yesterday. That game will not be easy.

No game will. All of college hoops is neurotic. Richmond just got done crushing Drake and FDU. Clemson lost by 20 to a weak Loyola Chicago team and to another bad team in South Carolina.

No game will be easy. Pittsburgh and BC will be tough. Even Louisville will be tough
Nope. BC and Louisville will be easy. Pittsburgh will give us a good game because they are an unselfish team while sometimes we are not.

Nope. BC and Louisville will be easy. Pittsburgh will give us a good game because they are an unselfish team while sometimes we are not.
No need to use the red shoe, which removes a like from the poster you’re responding to, for that. Say your piece, but don’t drop the hammer. Messing with people‘s ratios isn’t cool.

Last edited:

While we may win those handily, zero guarantee they will be easy.

The Pitt game we will likely be 2 point favorites. We will be around 10 point favorites against BC and 15 against Louisville. I expect Louisville to really struggle against the zone. They’ve been a turnover machine this year. Tuesday‘s game is the game I’m most concerned about.

No game will. All of college hoops is neurotic. Richmond just got done crushing Drake and FDU. Clemson lost by 20 to a weak Loyola Chicago team and to another bad team in South Carolina.
I get your point but bipolar would probably be more fitting.

I get your point but bipolar would probably be more fitting.
“Are you bipolar?” - Cole Barnett, Season 3 of Love Is Blind. If you know, you know;). My wife & I stay locked in on Love Is Blind, don’t @ me, haha

The Pitt game we will likely be 2 point favorites. We will be around 10 point favorites against BC and 15 against Louisville. I expect Louisville to really struggle against the zone. They’ve been a turnover machine this year. Tuesday‘s game is the game I’m most concerned about.
I agree. Although the BC game comes after an 11 day layoff, so I worry about rustiness with that one.

Last edited:
I thought we might go 5-2 in this 7 game stretch, but we went 6-1, and had a shot at 7-0, not bad.
1673019150234.png

Now, for reality..

Only 4 ranked teams remain on our schedule. Anything can happen.

ACC is not gonna get a lot of teams in most likely, so we need to upset some teams.

I thought we might go 5-2 in this 7 game stretch, but we went 6-1, and had a shot at 7-0, not bad.
View attachment 223963

Now, for reality..

Only 4 ranked teams remain on our schedule. Anything can happen.

ACC is not gonna get a lot of teams in most likely, so we need to upset some teams.

Must get a big road win ( tomorrow would be ideal) and then we have to hold serve at home. Pitt loss hurts as a missed opportunity more than bad loss.

Simply put though we gotta find a way to run the table at home at least

6-1 wouldn't be bad, if we hadn't performed so badly in the OOC portion of the schedule.

Sometimes you lose games you shouldn't to conference opponents -- happens all the time.

But combined with the erratic start to the season, it's a bad loss [so was Bryant, and so was Colgate quite frankly].

I'd feel a LOT better about this year's team if we'd gotten those W's.

Must get a big road win ( tomorrow would be ideal) and then we have to hold serve at home. Pitt loss hurts as a missed opportunity more than bad loss.

Simply put though we gotta find a way to run the table at home at least

Watching UVa play, I fear that it's a lot more likely [unfortunately] that we have a game like what we saw two years ago down there, versus us springing an upset.

Watching UVa play, I fear that it's a lot more likely [unfortunately] that we have a game like what we saw two years ago down there, versus us springing an upset.

Agreed. Going in with the expectation it could be a rough one and hopeful it's not. We needed to see Benny step up again against the Ville and instead he disappeared in plain sight.

We will need a few guys to step up and play really well alongside our core 3 being smart.

Getting that has been a coin toss it feels like.

Agreed. Going in with the expectation it could be a rough one and hopeful it's not. We needed to see Benny step up again against the Ville and instead he disappeared in plain sight.

We will need a few guys to step up and play really well alongside our core 3 being smart.

Getting that has been a coin toss it feels like.

It will be interesting to see if Benny, Mintz, Taylor, and Brown -- all guys from close to that region -- step up and play well in front of friends and family.

That would go a LONG way toward helping the cause Saturday.

Again, Illinois was the only "real" team that they've played so far and they got slaughtered. In the four games against teams in similar tier - which isn't great - or slightly better (ND, Richmond, St. John's, Pitt), SU went 2-2 with all games being a one possession game and two went to OT.

I need to see signs of life against a tourney team before I think there's a shot here. UVA is going to be the best team that SU plays so far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom