Next year | Syracusefan.com

Next year

Please get here

Don't think I have ever said that before, but between our limitations PRE-injuries and offensive ineptitude, my eyes cannot take more cringing.
Be careful what you wish for. There is a > 0% probability that Battle, Brissett, Chukwu, and Dolezaj all leave. We replace them with a bunch of freshmen and are back exactly where we are this season.

Be careful what you wish for. There is a > 0% probability that Battle, Brissett, Chukwu, and Dolezaj all leave. We replace them with a bunch of freshmen and are back exactly where we are this season.

Where would any of them go? The way they look on the court they should be spending as much time on their studies as possible cuz they’re gonna need real ppl jobs.

0.005% is technically greater than 0, so yeah I guess you're right.

Would be nice to actually use all of the scholarships for a change and I dont know maybe have everyone actually remain on the team for once.

There’s a > 0% chance they all get hit by a bus tomorrow. Statistically speaking. Let me know when it’s greater than 50.

Battle is going to go, and get drafted, and I just don’t get it. But that’s the world of basketball these days.

Where would any of them go? The way they look on the court they should be spending as much time on their studies as possible cuz they’re gonna need real ppl jobs.
Very possible that Battle is fed up w/ JB and just wants to get to the league, or G-League and start making money w/o JB all over him, same goes for Brissett. Chukwu can be a grad transfer, eligible immediately. I'm sure he'd have 50+ coaches calling him. Dolezaj could go back to Europe. Do we really think he came here for the education? Is he going to stay 4 years? Probably not. This season has been a disaster, why not go home to Europe and make $100k in a lower league.

I really really hope everybody comes back that can. This team has 0 seniors, 2 juniors, 1 sophomore, and 5 freshman. We could have the same exact team next year, one year more experienced and grown, with 2 very good players coming in to help. We could be very, very good next year. It's a matter of whether or not they want to spend another year with JB.

Very possible that Battle is fed up w/ JB and just wants to get to the league, or G-League and start making money w/o JB all over him, same goes for Brissett. Chukwu can be a grad transfer, eligible immediately. I'm sure he'd have 50+ coaches calling him. Dolezaj could go back to Europe. Do we really think he came here for the education? Is he going to stay 4 years? Probably not. This season has been a disaster, why not go home to Europe and make $100k in a lower league.
lol Stop. Every kid at every program gets yelled at. OB is going nowhere. battle wants to go so he may. But JB has nothing to do with it. Gary Battle would love to send his younger son to syracuse.

lol Stop. Every kid at every program gets yelled at. OB is going nowhere. battle wants to go so he may. But JB has nothing to do with it. Gary Battle would love to send his younger son to syracuse.
Everyone who knew anything about the Battle recruitment knows that Tyus came to SU because of Hopkins. We're lucky he stayed after Hop left for UW. Tyus came back to have it be HIS team and to score 20ppg in the ACC, he didn't come back for JB. Khalif Battle is NOT coming to SU.

Brissett isn’t going anywhere.

Everyone who knew anything about the Battle recruitment knows that Tyus came to SU because of Hopkins. We're lucky he stayed after Hop left for UW. Khalif Battle is NOT coming to SU.
If battle doesn't come here it will be in large part because we don't want him. Not the other way around.

Everyone who knew anything about the Battle recruitment knows that Tyus came to SU because of Hopkins. We're lucky he stayed after Hop left for UW. Khalif Battle is NOT coming to SU.

True on all counts.

If battle doesn't come here it will be in large part because we don't want him. Not the other way around.

That's true but I don't think it's a match on either end. He didn't leave GSB in a good way.

You can rationalize it however you want, but if Gary Battle moved his family to Syracuse and sent Khalif to CBA and he was the #1 player in the class of 2019, Khalif Battle would not come to SU.

You also said Battle was our best player since Melo after the NIT. How’s that working out?

You have a weird obsession with this. Are you happy I was wrong and Battle is average and our team stinks? Because he's going to be the best player we have next year so that doesn't bode well.

You have a weird obsession with this. Are you happy I was wrong and Battle is average and our team stinks? Because he's going to be the best player we have next year so that doesn't bode well.

No. I like pointing out how you’re wrong.

Howard does start next year. And, you are right about everything else you said. But, he can improve his handle and he has shown that he has worked on his game as his shooting shows. The tech really bothers me. I mentioned this in another thread. That should never happen.
Players don’t generally don’t improve their handle at this stage of development. Shooting can improve with better mechanics and/or confidence which has been nice to see... but his handle is on par with mid major forwards in my opinion. He also doesn’t have any blow-by speed. You can surround him with better talent but he’s a Round peg in a square hole at point guard. I’m not even going to touch on the leadership and maturity concerns. I truly hope his role is re-evaluated next year with all the new parts. The preordained stuff gets a pass when we’re winning but not when the program is teetering with irrelevancy.

Players don’t generally don’t improve their handle at this stage of development. Shooting can improve with better mechanics and/or confidence which has been nice to see... but his handle is on par with mid major forwards in my opinion. He also doesn’t have any blow-by speed. You can surround him with better talent but he’s a Round peg in a square hole at point guard. I’m not even going to touch on the leadership and maturity concerns. I truly hope his role is completely re-evaluated next year because we’re looking at yet another roster shakeup. The preordained stuff gets a pass when we’re winning but not when the program is teetering with irrelevancy.

Mike Gbinije.

Mike Gbinije.
Mike’s handle was much more competent. Silent G looked like an off-guard trying to run the point. Frank looks like Todd Burgan trying to the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom