Next Year | Syracusefan.com

Next Year

CU44SE

All Conference
Look, I understand I beat a dead horse and my position that Jim needs to go are well documented. But if he is not shown the door or asked to leave under his own terms. OTHER CHANGES MUST OCCUR!!! Something needs to change!!!

Don’t get me wrong, the assistant coaches are not necessarily the problem. And they are all Syracuse family. But something has to change, this is just not acceptable for this type of program. Someone needs to be the scapegoat and if you do not make a change at the HC position, you MUST make some type of change within the program. You CANNOT just continue to run it back hoping for different results. That is quite literally the definition of Insantiy. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I have never seen a coaching staff stay so intact without any changes made that has been so unsuccessful. I don’t agree, but I do understand the long leash Jim gets. But you cannot continue to let him strong arm the administration. Something needs to change with the program. And if it is not him, changes need to be made to the staff.

Look, I understand I beat a dead horse and my position that Jim needs to go are well documented. But if he is not shown the door or asked to leave under his own terms. OTHER CHANGES MUST OCCUR!!! Something needs to change!!!

Don’t get me wrong, the assistant coaches are not necessarily the problem. And they are all Syracuse family. But something has to change, this is just not acceptable for this type of program. Someone needs to be the scapegoat and if you do not make a change at the HC position, you MUST make some type of change within the program. You CANNOT just continue to run it back hoping for different results. That is quite literally the definition of Insantiy. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I have never seen a coaching staff stay so intact without any changes made that has been so unsuccessful. I don’t agree, but I do understand the long leash Jim gets. But you cannot continue to let him strong arm the administration. Something needs to change with the program. And if it is not him, changes need to be made to the staff.
Please calm down. Trust in the system. We make a few more shots and we're good. Nothing is wrong that a rebound or 2 cant cure. Its a young team and Jim will have them peaked in time for the ACC tournament.

Changing the staff does nothing.

We still would be 100% zone with the same damn players.

Lot of money being spent but eventually we need wins.

Changing the staff does nothing.

We still would be 100% zone with the same damn players.
100% wrong. Every assistant on that bench would mix defenses. Do you people honestly think they are not sitting there and saying in their heads “ the zone isn’t working?” I’ve asked Adrian on the radio what defense he would play and he said quote “I’m a mix it up guy.” Stop assuming the assistants would do everything Boeheim would do. It’s dumb.

100% wrong. Every assistant on that bench would mix defenses. Do you people honestly think they are not sitting there and saying in their heads “ the zone isn’t working?” I’ve asked Adrian on the radio what defense he would play and he said quote “I’m a mix it up guy.” Stop assuming the assistants would do everything Boeheim would do. It’s dumb.
I am talking about changing the staff below JB while JB is still the coach. Nothing will change. Just like nothing changed from Hopkins to Griffin.

I agree its a good core still need a 2 SF and 2 more more bigs
I’m not even convinced it’s a good core. I think people are overrating the freshmen. They’re fine, they’re certainly not bad, but I don’t think most of them are anything special compared to what we see around us in the ACC.

Mintz, Taylor and Brown are good. Can’t say anything definitive about the other guys yet.

If Jim had any awareness he would have made staff changes years ago like after the 1st rd exit to Baylor in 19. He could see his staff decline w no more Troy Weaver, Rob Murphy, Hop, Bernie. He got to the point where he was content w yes men to run his practices in his format and try to do the recruiting for him. At 70-something he was set and too stubborn for radical changes and too loyal to his former players.

Going exclusively withe the 2-3 zone limits our recruiting and forces us to limit our options to only those who might be able to successfully play in that D. Nothing new, in my statement here; just tired of our lack of coaching flexibility!
Coach Boeheim has done so much for our program and community. Perhaps it’s time for retirement. Just my opinion.

The definition of crazy as we all know is doing the same exact thing over and over and expecting a different result.
JAB needs to go, hopefully he will in the next few days have that inward accounting and ultimate revelation to except that nothing is permanent.
Jim its been fun (most of the time), but in life ALL good things must and do come to an end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom