Next year's roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next year's roster

How many of the 13 scholarship players will be on the roster October 15?

Votes: 21 22.8%

Votes: 33 35.9%

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
Ideally everyone would return.

I don't think Sidibe will have the health to return. He wants too, and I am sure Jim would love him too, but if medical says it's a no go, then Jim won't burn the schollie on him. Probably 20% chance medically, otherwise it'd be 100%.

I think Marek will depend on how we finish the year and what options Europe offers. I think he is having fun and enjoying himself. This one could be 50/50 and will probably be a decision not made until well after the season ends.

Q was mentioned by JB. He may look at it like he's not getting any younger and make a move on hope and workouts. If that doesn't work out he will play overseas. I'd say it's most likely 25% he returns.

AG also was mentioned by Jim. He's an enigma. He's either hot or he is ice cold. He is someone I'd like to have on the team, as he can fill it up quick. With better depth, Jim can yank him if he doesn't work. Reading the tea leaves though, it seems as of he is being Paul Harris'd from the program. Chance of return, probably around 25%.

The most disappointing part of the season to me was the disappearance of Woody from the rotation. I presume something besides Covid happened behind the scenes that indicates he's leaving, in which case why would Jim play a kid who is headed out the door anyways. I'd love to be 100% wrong on this, but chance of return at best is 10%.

I think Braswell sees his role and how it will evolve next year and he stays. Pretty confident on that. Same with Jesse.

I don't see Frank or JBA headed anywhere. They will have roles next year, and JBA has seen some action later part of year.

Buddy and Joe are locks to return. Any rumors of Joe looking to transfer would be horse manure.

The one that I wouldn't be surprised, if he did leave, would be Kadary. I think that it truly is 50/50 on his return, even though he'd play 20-30 mpg next year. He knows he should be a 30+ minute player and I don't think he wants to play less than that. Kid is the ideal zone specimen at guard and if he played here any other time would be a 35 mpg starter. I think that bothers him, knowing that.

Might see a walk on move on as well.

Just my two cents.
I assume Kadary will get 30 next season, we’re not a middle of the pack team with him at the helm.

I don’t think boeheim likes his defense at all and gets frustrated with shot selection. See this past game going with braswell for almost the entire 2nd half. I think if he doesn’t it is more because JB pushes him out.

When Griff misses his first few shots, he tends to lose interest in the game.

When Griff hits his first few shots, he's a different player.

I doubt he’s being pushed out, but him losing PT to Bras is a sign that his 34+ minutes won’t happen again here.
I have no idea if he is or not really. Didn’t mean to infer he was. Just more saying if he was to leave I think it would be more mutual decision from past boeheim comments.

Buddy, Joe, Kadary, Bras, Jesse, JBA, Frank Would seem to be locks to me. kadary was getting the minutes or very closer to what he Deserves until his injury issue here down the stretch. as mentioned, BS will be back if he medically can. Marek I’d bet is 50/50 could see either, woody is completely irrelevant for whatever reason which others have mentioned has to do with something we don’t know about unless Covid did t a lot worse to him than we know of which again would be something we don’t know lol. Griffin to me feels like the perfect 6 man type player. Is he okay with being that here if he wants to return? I dont know. I’d bet on Q leaving. How much he can improve his number next year especially with Benny coming in, adding on his age I would assume he’s gone.

Buddy, Joe, Kadary, Bras, Jesse, JBA, Frank Would seem to be locks to me. kadary was getting the minutes or very closer to what he Deserves until his injury issue here down the stretch. as mentioned, BS will be back if he medically can. Marek I’d bet is 50/50 could see either, woody is completely irrelevant for whatever reason which others have mentioned has to do with something we don’t know about unless Covid did t a lot worse to him than we know of which again would be something we don’t know lol. Griffin to me feels like the perfect 6 man type player. Is he okay with being that here if he wants to return? I dont know. I’d bet on Q leaving. How much he can improve his number next year especially with Benny coming in, adding on his age I would assume he’s gone.
Griff didn’t want to be 6th man on a great team, why would he do it here?

I don't think it's shot selection. It's somewhat Cooney-like. On offense, Griff's wingspan/height just isn't long enough for these tall deep acc teams. The only way I see it working next year is Kadary and whoever moves to point forward and forces opponents to guard them with their forwards, (which means at least Kadary needs to be MCW-aggressive). On Defense, just no Griff+Girard for more than 7-8 minutes outside pressing.
Does anyone agree?

Last edited:
He asked how many from this roster will be held over.
That's what i first thought, and i answered 8. But, after the "Benny" question, i looked again and it just says "scholarship players," thinking it meant How many of our scholarship players who will be eligible in 2021-22, so i changed to 9 to include Benny. OP needs to clarify. I don't want to be wrong because a query ambiguity. This kinda **** goes on your Permanent Record.

Imo Griffin, Newton, Guerrier, Sidibe depart. Next year lineup:
PG Richmond
2G Boeheim
SF Williams
PF Dolezaj
C Edwards
Bench: Girard, Braswell, Anselem
I hope Griffin doesn’t leave. Ideally, he’s back and gets to spend the offseason working at SG and SF, getting 20-25 minutes next year there.

It’s not how current college bball or JB is but I’d love for him and Q to return, and all would split with Braswell/Benny, mixing and matching with who’s playing well.

I hope Griffin doesn’t leave. Ideally, he’s back and gets to spend the offseason working at SG and SF, getting 20-25 minutes next year there.

It’s not how current college bball or JB is but I’d love for him and Q to return, and all would split with Braswell/Benny, mixing and matching with who’s playing well.
I agree. He could still have a great tourney showing. Maybe his ACCT stinker is motivation so he lights it up enough to test the pro waters after the season. Barring that, he and his basketball family have to see he needs more time developing, and yet another transfer could become a stigma for him.

Griffin will have to prove to JB that he is willing to change his attitude and work to accept coaching direction.
If he doesn't, he won't get much encouragement to stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom