Next year's roster | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Next year's roster

How many of the 13 scholarship players will be on the roster October 15?

Votes: 21 22.8%

Votes: 33 35.9%

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
Imo Griffin, Newton, Guerrier, Sidibe depart. Next year lineup:
PG Richmond
2G Boeheim
SF Williams
PF Dolezaj
C Edwards
Bench: Girard, Braswell, Anselem
i agree with guerrier partially because i dont think he is ready but he can play g league,summer or overseas so we'll see. sidibe should depart, injuries.
What i dont get is why griffin and especially why newton wouild leave! Why commit and just one year ya just throw in the towel so to speak. I Hope newton stays cause i think he could contribute and griffin for obvious reasons.
Actually that lineup there looks pretty damn scary for opponents on both sides of the ball so i wont be too heartbroken if thats the way it goes down

If Q stays we’re a top 15 team
easily! This would easily be the best versitle and boeheims wet dream in terms of the zone defense. We will finally have a very talented guy in the middle! I think edwards and frank anselem have alot of talent and upside so please let this happen!
It will be nice to be on top again!!!!

easily! This would easily be the best versitle and boeheims wet dream in terms of the zone defense. We will finally have a very talented guy in the middle! I think edwards and frank anselem have alot of talent and upside so please let this happen!
It will be nice to be on top again!!!!
Q’s season was also not good enough for him to go. Close but no cigar he’s ok’ing back imho

Ideally everyone would return.

I don't think Sidibe will have the health to return. He wants too, and I am sure Jim would love him too, but if medical says it's a no go, then Jim won't burn the schollie on him. Probably 20% chance medically, otherwise it'd be 100%.

I think Marek will depend on how we finish the year and what options Europe offers. I think he is having fun and enjoying himself. This one could be 50/50 and will probably be a decision not made until well after the season ends.

Q was mentioned by JB. He may look at it like he's not getting any younger and make a move on hope and workouts. If that doesn't work out he will play overseas. I'd say it's most likely 25% he returns.

AG also was mentioned by Jim. He's an enigma. He's either hot or he is ice cold. He is someone I'd like to have on the team, as he can fill it up quick. With better depth, Jim can yank him if he doesn't work. Reading the tea leaves though, it seems as of he is being Paul Harris'd from the program. Chance of return, probably around 25%.

The most disappointing part of the season to me was the disappearance of Woody from the rotation. I presume something besides Covid happened behind the scenes that indicates he's leaving, in which case why would Jim play a kid who is headed out the door anyways. I'd love to be 100% wrong on this, but chance of return at best is 10%.

I think Braswell sees his role and how it will evolve next year and he stays. Pretty confident on that. Same with Jesse.

I don't see Frank or JBA headed anywhere. They will have roles next year, and JBA has seen some action later part of year.

Buddy and Joe are locks to return. Any rumors of Joe looking to transfer would be horse manure.

The one that I wouldn't be surprised, if he did leave, would be Kadary. I think that it truly is 50/50 on his return, even though he'd play 20-30 mpg next year. He knows he should be a 30+ minute player and I don't think he wants to play less than that. Kid is the ideal zone specimen at guard and if he played here any other time would be a 35 mpg starter. I think that bothers him, knowing that.

Might see a walk on move on as well.

Just my two cents.
i will be so pissed if kadary leaves!!!! also that im sorry i would put squarely on boehiem but lets hope and pray he sticks it out cause i dont get it he will be a starter next season! We have the potential to be scary good next season if certain things fall into place

Benny is not like anyone on this team. He scores from all three levels and really has a high basketball IQ. Think of Marek who’s twenty pounds heavier and can score at all three levels. He can also really handle the ball. If all three front court scorers come back, someone is losing a lot of playing time.

I don't think Sidibe will have the health to return. He wants too, and I am sure Jim would love him too, but if medical says it's a no go, then Jim won't burn the schollie on him. Probably 20% chance medically, otherwise it'd be 100%.

I think Marek will depend on how we finish the year and what options Europe offers. I think he is having fun and enjoying himself. This one could be 50/50 and will probably be a decision not made until well after the season ends.

Q was mentioned by JB. He may look at it like he's not getting any younger and make a move on hope and workouts. If that doesn't work out he will play overseas. I'd say it's most likely 25% he returns.

AG also was mentioned by Jim. He's an enigma. He's either hot or he is ice cold. He is someone I'd like to have on the team, as he can fill it up quick. With better depth, Jim can yank him if he doesn't work. Reading the tea leaves though, it seems as of he is being Paul Harris'd from the program. Chance of return, probably around 25%.

The most disappointing part of the season to me was the disappearance of Woody from the rotation. I presume something besides Covid happened behind the scenes that indicates he's leaving, in which case why would Jim play a kid who is headed out the door anyways. I'd love to be 100% wrong on this, but chance of return at best is 10%.

I think Braswell sees his role and how it will evolve next year and he stays. Pretty confident on that. Same with Jesse.

I don't see Frank or JBA headed anywhere. They will have roles next year, and JBA has seen some action later part of year.

Buddy and Joe are locks to return. Any rumors of Joe looking to transfer would be horse manure.

The one that I wouldn't be surprised, if he did leave, would be Kadary. I think that it truly is 50/50 on his return, even though he'd play 20-30 mpg next year. He knows he should be a 30+ minute player and I don't think he wants to play less than that. Kid is the ideal zone specimen at guard and if he played here any other time would be a 35 mpg starter. I think that bothers him, knowing that.

Just my two cents.
I think it much more likely that Joe leaves rather than Kadray. I think they both stay for what that is worth. Kadray will be given the keys unless Joe blows up over the summer.

I think it much more likely that Joe leaves rather than Kadray. I think they both stay for what that is worth. Kadray will be given the keys unless Joe blows up over the summer.

woody no shot?

he has not helped his draft status IMHO, but shown flashes, and needs to figure out how to perform for all 40 minutes. Another year of seasoning is exactly what his game needs to reach that Battle, Hughes, Silent G level.
He shouldn’t have to play 40 minutes. He should be a 25-30 minute guy who can use more energy when in

Just my two cents.
Returning seniors scholarships don’t count against the 13 next year.

Benny is not like anyone on this team. He scores from all three levels and really has a high basketball IQ. Think of Marek who’s twenty pounds heavier and can score at all three levels. He can also really handle the ball. If all three front court scorers come back, someone is losing a lot of playing time.
At the High School level, listen, I'm not going to call him a bust at this level because I don't think he will be but what you're describing is a top 5 pick and he isn't that. If he can be what Brissett was and actual finish, I think that is his ceiling his freshman year, which isn't bad, but I'm guessing he is going to average around 9-13 points a game. One of Griffin or Q come back then maybe less. Kid is a stud, but he isn't Carmelo and it's almost unfair to talk him up this much.

The game is a lot different than High School, it's so hard to tell what they're going to do at the next level, everybody said Joe had an amazing IQ coming out of High School and his may be the worst on the team.

At the High School level, listen, I'm not going to call him a bust at this level because I don't think he will be but what you're describing is a top 5 pick and he isn't that. If he can be what Brissett was and actual finish, I think that is his ceiling his freshman year, which isn't bad, but I'm guessing he is going to average around 9-13 points a game. One of Griffin or Q come back then maybe less. Kid is a stud, but he isn't Carmelo and it's almost unfair to talk him up this much.

The game is a lot different than High School, it's so hard to tell what they're going to do at the next level, everybody said Joe had an amazing IQ coming out of High School and his may be the worst on the team.
I don’t disagree that he won’t come in and score 20 points a game, but he has more skills than any forward on our roster. He’s is going to be one of those players that will make everyone else look better. He’s not a me player who has to score, but he does all the little things that makes good teams turn into very good teams.

I don’t disagree that he won’t come in and score 20 points a game, but he has more skills than any forward on our roster. He’s is going to be one of those players that will make everyone else look better. He’s not a me player who has to score, but he does all the little things that makes good teams turn into very good teams.
If he can be a better scoring Marek I'll be happy, it sounds like he can be, I hope he picks the defense up quick enough to keep him on the floor.

i will be so pissed if kadary leaves!!!! also that im sorry i would put squarely on boehiem but lets hope and pray he sticks it out cause i dont get it he will be a starter next season! We have the potential to be scary good next season if certain things fall into place
Kadary isn't going anywhere so that talk can stop. Its the others that might take a hike. Q/AG/Woody/Marek/Sidibe. At one point i would've said Big balls as well but I think he sees where he fits now especially with the big minutes in big games lately...Big balls is staying! Kadary loves Syracuse and he will be getting big minutes next season and knows it.

He shouldn’t have to play 40 minutes. He should be a 25-30 minute guy who can use more energy when in
I kinda wish this year the 3 was like this:
Griffin 20 minutes at the 3 and 5 minutes at the 2

Bras 10 minutes at the 3 and 5 minutes at the 4

Woody 6 minutes at the 3

Marek 4 minutes at the 3 and rest between 4 and 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online